Deer,deer, deer

Old May 23rd 04, 08:40 PM
Tony Raven

Default Deer,deer, deer

Decided to dust off the Heckler today and while away a few hours exploring the
byways and bridleways of north Hertfordshire.. Chance also to check the Fifth
Element after its service and fettling by shockmeister Tim Flooks a couple of
weeks back

That nice time of year before the nettles have totally encroached on the
tracks but boy do they sting if one gets you. Saw absolutely no-one else -
must have all been inside watching Schumacher driving round in his red three
wheeler. Most of the big puddles had gone, bar one that needed a snorkel, and
all that was left was Hertfordshire's boulder strewn trails - well muddy
trails churned up by horses and then baked hard then.

Shot out of the bridleway onto the road climb up to Barkway just in front of a
roadie. I was surprised how long he took to catch me up and pass me. "Hi,
grand day" I shouted. He turned round, looked me in the eye and hissed!
Takes all sorts

Cycling alongside a wood just south of Royston three large deer leapt out of
the trees not 20ft in front, leapt across the track and shot of through the
fields. By the time I'd got the camera out all you could see was three small
heads bobbing above the crops in the distance. The last bit of the fun
downhill into Royston had sadly been sanitised over the winter with all the
rain channels, loose stuff and occasional small steps swept under a new smooth
hard mud surface :-(

Passed two village cricket matches, three deer and loads of baby bunnies
scampering around. No horses, one hissing roadie, no walkers or other
cyclists on a warm sunny Sunday afternoon.

Got back just in time to swap to the Brommie and shoot down the village
college to see the girls performance after an afternoon in a jazz
improvisation class. All rounded off with a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie
Dough.

Mmmmmm. Perfect day unless you were the roadie

Tony

Old May 24th 04, 03:41 PM
Simon Mason

"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Shot out of the bridleway onto the road climb up to Barkway just in front

of a
roadie. I was surprised how long he took to catch me up and pass me.

"Hi,
grand day" I shouted. He turned round, looked me in the eye and hissed!
Takes all sorts

Blimey -what's he like in the winter when it's peeing it down?

All rounded off with a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie
Dough.

What on earth is that?
--
Simon M.

Old May 24th 04, 03:53 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

All rounded off with a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie
Dough.

What on earth is that?

Delicious ice cream.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 24th 04, 05:55 PM
Simon Mason

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
All rounded off with a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie
Dough.

What on earth is that?

Delicious ice cream.

Oh I see. It sounded like the stuff me mam used to let us eat out of her
mixing bowl when she was making cakes.

--
Simon M.

Old May 24th 04, 05:59 PM
Tony Raven

Simon Mason wrote:

Oh I see. It sounded like the stuff me mam used to let us eat out of her
mixing bowl when she was making cakes.

Its blobs of that mixed in to delicious ice cream. How can anybody not have
heard of Ben & Jerry's?

Tony

Old May 24th 04, 06:09 PM
Simon Mason

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:

Oh I see. It sounded like the stuff me mam used to let us eat out of

her
mixing bowl when she was making cakes.

Its blobs of that mixed in to delicious ice cream. How can anybody not

have
heard of Ben & Jerry's?

I've vaguely aware of their existence, but my vice is real ale and so I tend
not to go looking for too many other vices lest I get swamped in sheer
hedonism ;-) My Catholic guilt you see, we're not supposed to enjoy
anything!
--
Simon M.

Old May 24th 04, 06:13 PM
Tony Raven

Simon Mason wrote:
My Catholic guilt you see, we're not supposed to enjoy
anything!

Yes but if nobody did anything wrong, God would be out of a job. I like to do
my bit to keep him usefully employed ;-)

Tony
--

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I
realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to

Old May 24th 04, 06:17 PM
Simon Mason

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:
My Catholic guilt you see, we're not supposed to enjoy
anything!

Yes but if nobody did anything wrong, God would be out of a job. I like

to do
my bit to keep him usefully employed ;-)

Oddest story of the week must be the parachutist who cut his own cords,
since as a Catholic he knew suicide was a sin, so he wanted his death to
appear as sabotage. I wonder if God was fooled ?

--
Simon M.

Old May 24th 04, 07:18 PM
Gawnsoft

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:17:26 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote (more or less):

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:
My Catholic guilt you see, we're not supposed to enjoy
anything!

Yes but if nobody did anything wrong, God would be out of a job. I like

to do
my bit to keep him usefully employed ;-)

Oddest story of the week must be the parachutist who cut his own cords,
since as a Catholic he knew suicide was a sin, so he wanted his death to
appear as sabotage. I wonder if God was fooled ?

Maybe he was too busy watching every sparrow fall, and hasn't yet
cottoned on to modern contrivances like parachutists enough to watch
them fall too?

--
Cheers,
Euan
Old May 24th 04, 07:26 PM
Tony Raven

Gawnsoft wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
My Catholic guilt you see, we're not supposed to enjoy
anything!

Maybe he was too busy watching every sparrow fall, and hasn't yet
cottoned on to modern contrivances like parachutists enough to watch
them fall too?

Maybe he was enjoying parachuting too much, which as a Catholic he's not
supposed to do, and God thought "I'll teach the b****r"*

Tony

*copyright Vicar of Dibley

Fast as a Deer Ron Hardin General 3 July 4th 04 03:01 AM
EFFECTS OF OFF-ROAD RECREATION (Including Mountain Biking) ON MULE DEER AND ELK Mike Vandeman Social Issues 1 May 5th 04 03:40 AM
EFFECTS OF OFF-ROAD RECREATION (Including Mountain Biking) ON MULE DEER AND ELK BB Mountain Biking 1 April 27th 04 07:05 AM