Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

Old May 6th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Tom Keats

Default Should Cyclists Pack Guns?

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
writes:
On Sat, 5 May 2007 19:45:37 -0700, (Tom Keats)
wrote:

In article ,
"Stephen!" writes:
"Mike Young" wrote in
news:x%P_h.2577$RX.1560 @newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

Garlic seems to do the trick with vampires. Haven't had a problem
in *years*.

You laugh, but garlic does keep away blood suckers... Eat a lot
of garlic and the mosquitos will leave you alone.

That myth has been busted.

Ever had a bust that you mythed ?

I mith many buthtth. Ethpethially Doloreth'th.
Herth wath thatuethque, like Athena'th.
Protruding thee-cup.

Prolly cuz you eated garlic.

Poththibly.

(It's movie time...)

Flying Thcotthman?

cheerth,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old May 6th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
proehling

Default If in doubt, shoot!

"Bill" wrote

Nuking Tehran is something I have been thinking about. Baghdad too. This
Viet Nam in the sand **** is getting old.

Good thinking. So far your list looks like this:

First: invade the wrong small mid-eastern country for fabricated reasons.

Second: declare "Mission Accomplished" several decades early.

Third: act puzzled and hurt when the people you've just ground into the dirt
refuse to lick your boots and form the stable puppet government you had in
mind.

Fourth: refuse to admit that you ever made any mistakes, but keep changing
the reasons you claim we're there.

Fifth: attack anyone on your own side who dares to disagree with you in any
way, claiming that they want to surrender to the terrorists.

Sixth: after everything else has failed; contemplate making the whole thing
100% worse by nuking Baghdad and Teheran without provocation.

Bill, you're wonderful! I can't imagine how President Bush missed getting
you onto that crack White-House team of strategists that have made the world
into such a wonderful place in a mere six years!

Old May 6th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Keith Schiffner

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Stephen!" writes:
(Tom Keats) wrote in
:

You laugh, but garlic does keep away blood suckers... Eat a lot of
garlic and the mosquitos will leave you alone.

That myth has been busted.

By a couple jerks in Frisco with questionable techniques and personal
bias or by someone with real scientific training and reasoning?

No.

I could say: "Google on it."

and then you'd say: "No, /you/'ve gotta come up with the cites."

And then I would.

We can save a bunch of effort.

I'll tell ya what /does/ keep mosquitoes away -- smoking.
Fire up a Panter[tm] Rood, and kick back in the chaise longe
in the back yard, in unbitten and un-blood-sucken paradise.
Maybe while also sipping a gin & ginger beer on the rocks,
with the Cardinals game humming along on the radio.

Nope it's AF / Hemmingway's 1 every 4 hours and one of that nasty looking
backwoods every hour. Throw a brisket on the smoker/grill relax with some Celis
wheat or Foster Bitters and MotoGp on the satellite.
--
Keith Schiffner
History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational

Old May 6th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Bill

proehling wrote:
"Bill" wrote

Nuking Tehran is something I have been thinking about. Baghdad too. This
Viet Nam in the sand **** is getting old.

Good thinking. So far your list looks like this:

First: invade the wrong small mid-eastern country for fabricated reasons.

That was Herr Bush, not me.

Second: declare "Mission Accomplished" several decades early.

Herr Bush again, our idiot president.

Third: act puzzled and hurt when the people you've just ground into the dirt
refuse to lick your boots and form the stable puppet government you had in
mind.

Fourth: refuse to admit that you ever made any mistakes, but keep changing
the reasons you claim we're there.

Fifth: attack anyone on your own side who dares to disagree with you in any
way, claiming that they want to surrender to the terrorists.

Bush, Bush, and Bush.

Sixth: after everything else has failed; contemplate making the whole thing
100% worse by nuking Baghdad and Teheran without provocation.

WITHOUT???? provocation???

Bill, you're wonderful! I can't imagine how President Bush missed getting
you onto that crack White-House team of strategists that have made the world
into such a wonderful place in a mere six years!

I voted for Gore in 2000, and Kerry in 2004.
If the rest of the voters want Bush, then we have a messy war on our
hands. I remember the whole Viet Nam thing too and heard rumors that
Johnson was getting so frustrated he was contemplating that kind of
force. Viet Nam was such a mess that he chose to get out of the white
house in 1968 and we got Nixon. Nixon, Bush, same kind of animal.
Bill Baka

Old May 6th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles
Alan Moore

Default What kind of handgun for my jetski?

On 5 May 2007 09:25:18 -0700, donquijote1954
wrote:

"What kind of handgun for my jetski?"

Uh, speargun?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speargun

Al Moore
DoD 734
Old May 7th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles

wrote:
"What kind of handgun for my jetski?"

Uh, speargun?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speargun

Al Moore
DoD 734

I've got one of those things! Came with the last boat my dad bought.
Tough to get the band back & plenty touchy once you do, but a grand
toy all the same. I spent an hour in the yard with it when he first
got it, not too inaccurate once you get the hang.
I've yet to have the need to repel any boarders, but I'm ready! I do
think it'd be tough to handle on a jet ski, however. Glock makes a
couple guns that are supposed to fire underwater, so I'm sure they'd
take well to firing above water after being wet. I read the HK Mk 23
SOCOM is designed for special ops where it's liable to be swam through
salt water before being used, and is resistant to said salt water.
This would be a good choice for sal****er use.
Remember, one in the chamber with safety off at all times, and only
shoot when the gun is sideways and you can't see down the sights.

Should Cyclists Pack Guns? donquijote1954 General 465 May 7th 07 03:25 PM
Car Hits Pack of Cyclists in St. Pete Rodney Kuehl Recumbent Biking 40 February 24th 07 02:20 AM
Back pack for cyclists scouselad General 18 June 28th 05 01:39 PM
guns and bikes byron27 Australia 9 October 7th 04 01:21 AM
" 400mph cyclists kill opponents with handlebar-mounted guns " Gawnsoft UK 4 March 11th 04 12:56 AM