vintage brooks saddle

Old August 7th 03, 12:16 AM
Jkpoulos7

Default vintage brooks saddle

Could you get
behind it?

Difficult but the comfort is worth it
Old August 7th 03, 01:11 PM
Stephen Harding

jacques wrote:

SOME folks find leather saddles comfortable. I'm not one of them.

I am one of those folks since I put a B17 on my commuter hybrid.
I still have a Selle Italia tri-something on my Bianchi road bike, and I'm
not fully comfortable on it, especially after 3 hours riding.

Is anyone here using a Brooks on a road bike ? and which model ?

I've got a B17 standard and a B17 Champion.

I'm thinking of buying one of those Brooks (B17 again???) with the
large springs for my MTB in place of a shock seat post.

This would be for very non-technical MTB riding. I've got a flex
stem up front and am thinking a springed Brooks might be just right
for "the rear" (pun intended).

Anyone have experience with the springed model Brooks?

SMH
Old August 7th 03, 06:30 PM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:11:37 -0400, ,
Stephen Harding wrote:

Anyone have experience with the springed model Brooks?

I've a "Champion Flyer" on my joe-bike. Break-in time was zero.
It's the same width as the B-17. I think the "Conquest" model would be
a better fit for me. But, I bought it when Brooks was in limbo so
never took it back for exchange. Otherwise, it's fantastic saddle.

The double rail saddles require using a "Seat Sandwich" to fit a
single bolt micro-adjust seatpost. The "B-66 Champion" is the same
width as your B-17.
--
zk
Old August 7th 03, 09:32 PM
Benjamin Lewis

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Benjamin Lewis wrote:

I think a lot of people here do. I have a B17 on my road bike, which
I've found to still be comfortable after 24 hours on the saddle.

Hah! My bike computer says I've put way more than 24 hours on my bike
this year! And on a plastic saddle!

Iron Butt! IRON BUTT!!!

And a smart ass, to boot.

--
Benjamin Lewis

There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're talking
about.
-- John von Neumann
Old August 8th 03, 01:35 AM
Rick Onanian

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:32:24 -0700, Benjamin Lewis
wrote:
Iron Butt! IRON BUTT!!!

And a smart ass, to boot.

I'd have to wear steel toe boots, if I wanted
to boot an iron smart butt.

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 8th 03, 09:17 PM
Actually34

Just aim for the second star on the right and pedal on till morning.

David