Radical new bikes!

Old November 20th 04, 09:36 PM
Verdra H. Ciretop

Default Radical new bikes!

Cycling manufacturer giant Specialized has announced that it is working on
prototypes for revolutionary new bikes, set to be released in 2006. The new
line of bikes is being dubbed: The Venom Line. The bikes feature aerodynamic
design and revolutionary technology that was pioneered by a special research
team in Japan. Specialized unveiled the bikes at a special media conference
in Tokyo on November 20th. The text below is from an official press release
from Specialized.

For details and incredible pictures of these revolutionary bikes, check this
page:
http://www.geocities.com/verdrahcire...ecialized.html

Specialized Scorpion

The Scorpion is our lightweight entry bike in the new Specialized Venom
line, but it's still an aggressive bike with lots of bite. The secret behind
the design is the sleek symmetrical frame surrounding the powerful crankset.
As with all our new bikes, all cables and drive train components are housed
inside the frame. But the main feature of the Scorpion is the huge
bi-directional multi-ring super-drive in the center of the bike, which
converts pedalling power to speed so efficiently it results in an increase
of at least 15% greater performance than traditional drive trains. Simple,
sleek, and super-fast, the Scorpion is set to nip those flat and fast trails
like never before.

Specialized Cobra

The Cobra is our signature edition bike, with all the elements of the new
Specialized Venom lineup: aerodynamic design, superior drivetrain,
internally housed components, eye-catching colours, and great looks with a
motocycle inspired design. The self-adjusting frame flex ensures a
comfortable ride, without sacrificing performance, because we know you want
to ride fast and hard. When riding the Cobra, striking hard and fast will
become your new normal.

Specialized Viper

We're proud of our Viper, and there's a good reason for it. This innovative
machine has attitude. It's one of the first bikes in the world to have no
rear hub. That's right, no rear hub. The rear wheel has a special
magnetically polarized rim that is suspended inside the frame, where it
floats inside a magnetic suspension field. You've already figured out what
that means. Fewer moving parts, less friction, more speed! As an added plus,
the magnetic suspension field cushions your ride. The drive train is also
based on a magnetic principle, so powering the pedals creates incredible
speed in no time. We know that the Viper looks crazy, but it works! We've
poured a lot of money into developing this baby, but our engineers are
convinced that the Viper will create a biking revolution. After you've tried
it, you'll find it hard to disagree.

Specialized Black Widow

Unique to the Black Widow, are the interlaced web disc wheels, which use
innovative sliding roller technology for the front to eliminate a
traditional hub, and a polarized magnetic hub for increased performance on
the back. The fully independent pivoted frame will have you eating up the
nastiest bumps like never before. The Black Widow will have you flying by
your competitors in no time, and you'll love this bike so much so much you
won't want the ride to end. Once you get to know this Widow, you'll want to
marry her.

Specialized Green Mamba

The Green Mamba is our light-weight racing machine. It's a sleek XC bike
with real bite. The self-flexing frame assures stability and cushion over
rugged terrain, and the internal hydro-drive pedalling system is a closed
system that ensures no loss of power up climbs or singletrack. For the XC
racer, our new Green Mamba is a dream come true.

Specialized Copperhead

The Copperhead is the twin sister of the Green Mamba, but features
additional vertical frame support for those looking for a little more
stability and front tower strength. In old school talk, this is the Green
Mamba, beefed up for our Clydesdale customers. Like the Green Mamba, the
Copperhead is equipped with the new internal hydro-drive pedalling system.
Unlike conventional drivetrain systems, there's no way for water or dirt to
affect the drivetrain and disrupt or dirty the moving components. With the
Green Mamba and the Copperhead, you're guaranteed a smooth fast ride every
time again.

Specialized BMW Feather Deluxe

Looking for luxury and comfort, for commuting or riding the streets?
Specialized has teamed up with BMW to create the ultimate hybrid bicycle,
featuring the best in comfort and stylish looks. The Specialized BMW Feather
Deluxe is light as a feather, and comfortable as a feather bed. And with the
performance generated by our internal hydro-drive technology, you get the
best of both worlds. The attractive bright red and yellow colours are
borrowed from our favorite feathered friends. It's not a bike for the birds,
but the Feather Deluxe is sure to make fast friends with everyone who sees
it.

Specialized Cricket

The Specialized Cricket, like its fellow creature in the animal world, is
more harmless than the other creatures in the new Specialized lineup. In
other words, this is not an off-road bike, and it's not meant to get dirty.
This is a lean road bike, designed for one thing and one thing only: speed
on the road. When you're seated on the Cricket, you'll notice the immediate
difference offered by the low-profile Posture Advantage handle-bars. And our
aerodynamic wind tunnel tested design could have you shaving off previous
seconds in races. All in all, the Cricket offers a great chirpy ride.

Staff Reporter, Verdra H. Ciretop

Old November 20th 04, 10:41 PM
Stephen Baker

The Rev. Richard Pote says:

Cycling manufacturer giant Specialized has announced that it is working on
prototypes for revolutionary new bikes, set to be released in 2006.

snip bad P-chops

Sticking SpecEd's logo on fanciful 3D models, then posting to a website with an
article that also uses BMW's logo and a bike from another manufacturer is not
only in bad taste, it's ducking fumb.
"Loof Lipra" publishing? - it's No-frikkin-Vember!

Steve
Old November 21st 04, 01:48 AM
Zilla

Verdra H. Ciretop wrote:
[...]

They look like they'll be a bitch to work on!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old November 21st 04, 01:51 AM
Jacobe Hazzard

Stephen Baker wrote:
The Rev. Richard Pote says:

Cycling manufacturer giant Specialized has announced that it is
working on prototypes for revolutionary new bikes, set to be
released in 2006.

snip bad P-chops

Sticking SpecEd's logo on fanciful 3D models, then posting to a
website with an article that also uses BMW's logo and a bike from
another manufacturer is not only in bad taste, it's ducking fumb.
"Loof Lipra" publishing? - it's No-frikkin-Vember!

Steve

I like how most of those pictures don't seem to allow any way for the
front wheel to pivot. I guess when your futuristic bike is travelling at
such breakneck speeds it's foolish to attempt turns anyway.

Cool pictures, though. I like the cricket.

Old November 21st 04, 04:13 AM
Ground Control

"Zilla" wrote in message
.. .
> [...]
| favorite feathered friends. It's not a bike for the birds, but the
| Feather Deluxe is sure to make fast friends with everyone who sees it.
|
| Specialized Cricket
|
| The Specialized Cricket, like its fellow creature in the animal
| world, is more harmless than the other creatures in the new
| Specialized lineup. In other words, this is not an off-road bike, and
| it's not meant to get dirty. This is a lean road bike, designed for
| one thing and one thing only: speed on the road. When you're seated
| on the Cricket, you'll notice the immediate difference offered by the
| low-profile Posture Advantage handle-bars. And our aerodynamic wind
| tunnel tested design could have you shaving off previous seconds in
| races. All in all, the Cricket offers a great chirpy ride.
|
| Staff Reporter, Verdra H. Ciretop
|
| They look like they'll be a bitch to work on!

Funny how the "Cricket" has a ten year old drive train.

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com
http://intbike.com

Old November 21st 04, 07:29 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

Some of them almost look real.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old November 21st 04, 10:07 AM
Ezookiel

"Zilla" wrote in message
.. .

They look like they'll be a bitch to work on!

Yeah, and even more of a bitch to TURN.
Maybe the awesome acceleration lifts the front wheel from the ground so you
can turn by pivoting the bike on it's rear wheel.

Ezookiel

Old November 21st 04, 12:16 PM
Bert L.am

"Verdra H. Ciretop" schreef in bericht
[...]

November 31st?"

I know where Tokyo is more or less, but when was November 31?

Bert

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old November 21st 04, 12:45 PM
mark

"Bert L.am" wrote in message ...

[...]

different time zone.

Old November 22nd 04, 08:26 AM
Slash

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:45:00 -0600, "mark" scribbled:

I know where Tokyo is more or less, but when was November 31?

different time zone.

The time zone where November has 31 days?

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion

Selling Spare Bikes Tom Kunich Marketplace 0 January 10th 04 12:16 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Cheap Bikes vs expensive bikes - what are the real differences? The Real Slim Shady UK 8 August 13th 03 08:30 PM