Odd interaction with a road rager

Old September 2nd 04, 12:47 AM
Badger_South

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:19:28 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Carmon wrote:
|| Truck driver is shot in face-off with cyclist
|| Monday, February 09, 2004
|| By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

So the question here is: Who had road rage - the truck driver or the
cyclist?

Yeah this sounds like a case of man bites dog. A paraffin test will tell
who fired the gun, though.

-B

Old September 2nd 04, 01:28 AM
Mitch Haley

Roger Zoul wrote:

Carmon wrote:
|| Truck driver is shot in face-off with cyclist
|| Monday, February 09, 2004
|| By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

So the question here is: Who had road rage - the truck driver or the
cyclist?

If you believe the cyclist's story, the driver was.
Somebody yelled at him, he responded in kind, the original
instigator then threatened him with a deadly weapon.
The cyclist then defended himself with a deadly weapon, and
shot the driver when the driver refused to relinquish his weapon.

In contrast, many police officers have jumped in front of moving
vehicles, and then shot the driver "in self defense" because the
vehicle was moving towards them. I've never heard of one of them
being charged with any crime whatsoever.

BTW, we went over this back in February, who drug it up again?
Old September 2nd 04, 01:28 AM
Mitch Haley

Old September 2nd 04, 01:31 AM
Ron McKinnon

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:54:11 -0700, H wrote:
It is true that unruly cyclist give everyone a bad name. But in this
case, the OP was not (at least did not say he was) breaking traffic
laws.

That I can guarantee. The lane I was in even has signs next to it
designating it as the preferred lane for cyclists to use on that street.

--
Ron McKinnon rmckin
spam at sympatico

Old September 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
Ron McKinnon

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:25:05 -0400, Mitch Haley wrote:
&*^$ bicycle, riding in the left lane, and his souped car can't even outrun
it (at least not permanently). Scary, very scary. You done disgrace to his
manhood, and then confronted him (twice). His ego may never be the same.

Lol! One can only hope.

I'd have phoned his plate to the local drunk driver/road rager hotline,
just to report general erratic and inept behavior behind the wheel.
I wonder how much an armed cop would scare this clearly unbalanced chap.

Unfortunately where I live, the cops won't do anything unless you've been
hospitalized or killed, and even then it would likely get ruled as an
accident.

Old September 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
Ron McKinnon

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:44:44 -0400, Roger Zoul wrote:
I suggest that, in the future, you do your best to avoid second encounters
with stupid people driving cars (assuming the first encounter was forced
upon you). It can't be good policy for a cyclist.

Probably a good piece of advice. At least in that respect, being
hot-headed, the road rager and I have something in common. However I've
never instigated anything with a motorist in my life, but I do tend to
respond in kind more than is probably wise.

Old September 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
Mitch Haley

Calm n Collected wrote:
One neighborhood boy thought it was cute to ride his bike in the other
lane towards an oncoming car like you see in movies with two cars
racing towards
each other.

That's the big reason that we have bicycle helmets now.

What reason?
With or without a helmet you need a closed casket funeral when a kid
gets splattered on the front of a car in a head-on.

Mitch.

off road or on road tyre Skunk UK 14 July 21st 04 07:55 PM
Last Chance Road [email protected] Rides 2 June 3rd 04 03:01 AM
Last Chance Road [email protected] Rides 1 April 29th 04 02:38 AM
on road and off road Richard Goodman UK 15 December 16th 03 04:03 PM
Sierra Nevada - Tioga/Sonora Pass [email protected] Rides 1 November 3rd 03 07:52 AM