Litespeed Fork Replacement - Recommendations?

Old September 13th 10, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
bfd[_2_]

Default Litespeed Fork Replacement - Recommendations?

On Sep 12, 4:38*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:04:46 +0200, Lou Holtman

wrote:
Op 10-9-2010 2:26, Steve Sr. schreef:
Hello,

I have a 2006 Litespeed Tuscany. *Recently while cleaning it up I
noticed what appears to be a horizontal crack in the inner wall of one
of the fork arms about where the tire would hit. The fork probably has
about 25K miles on it.

The original fork is a Real Design HP Pro made of - you guessed it -
carbon! I was never a big fan of carbon and am even less so now. Based
on my drawing the fork rake is 45mm.

I am now searching for a replacement and would like to maintain the
current or even less agressive handling characteristics.

I am obviously not wedded to carbon but realize that there is not much
else out there right now that isn't. I would also like the replacement
to asthetically go with the brushed titanium frame.

Are there any carbon forks out there that are better than another? By
better I mean better durability which may equate to a better warranty
although I hope that neither I nor my heirs would need to claim it!
Conversely are there any brands/models that should be avoided?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Steve

Call Litespeed.

I did. Their only offer was for a Chinese manufactured / Litespeed
branded carbon fork with an aluminum steerer tube for $100.

Don't be surprised that alot of carbon forks are "Chinese
manufactured." For example, I bought a 1" Easton EC90SL when Excel
was blowing them out at $200 each. The fork has a label on its carbon
steerer tube that says "Made in China." Good Luck!