"Still, it's their own time they're wasting"

Old May 20th 12, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

Default Manchester minicab drivers stage go-slow protest over bus lane 'discrimination'

On Sun, 20 May 2012 16:18:34 +0000 (UTC), Mike P wrote:

On Sun, 20 May 2012 15:50:15 +0100, Steve Firth ventured forth with :

Simon Mason wrote:

Oops, Steve Firth has just e-mailed me to say that he is the leader of
urd.
Sorry Steve.

That's a plain lie. I have had no occasion to send you email. I realise
that someone who follows up over and over again to his own posts clearly
has a screw loose, so you don't need to prove it by making reference to
fictitious emails or to fictitious "permission" to post to a newsgroup.

Nor indeed would such permission, even if granted, have any meaning or
give you any rights not afforded to all posters.

I'll now leave you to get back to clucking and moaning and generally
embarassing yourself, something that you do so well.

This Mason ****er clearly has a screw loose. I've never read so much
****e in my life. Even MI5 Mike makes more sense than this cretin.

Love it.

You'll be in his kill-file now - using the program he wrote in Cobol for Google
Groups.

Old May 20th 12, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mike P[_7_]

On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:30:14 +0100, Judith ventured forth with :

Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

What a ****. It's ok, I wrote one in CP/M to get round his COBOL
program...

--
Mike P
Old May 20th 12, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Simon wrote:

[...]

I thought the only thing Mason wrote in was crayon?

Old May 21st 12, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 20, 5:17*pm, Mike P wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012 02:31:36 -0700, Simon Mason ventured forth with :

On May 18, 7:21*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 17, 6:56*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

On May 17, 6:02*pm, wrote:

On May 17, 2:32*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:

Up to 1,000 minicab drivers in Manchester were this morning due
to stage a go-slow protest drive from the Etihad Stadium to
Manchester Town Hall to deliver a petition protesting against
what they allege are discriminatory rules preventing them from
stopping in bus lanes to pick up or drop off passengers, while
drivers of Hackney carriages – or black cabs – are permitted to
do so.

The protest has clear echoes of the ongoing dispute in London
between Britain’s biggest private hire operator, Addison Lee, and
Transport for London, with a judicial review due under way to
decide whether current rules which permit licensed cabs to drive
in bus lanes but prevent minicabs for doing so are
discriminatory.

Last month, TfL secured a High Court injunction to prevent
Addison Lee drivers from seeking to ignore current rules, which
they had been instructed to do in a letter sent to them by the
firm’s founder and chairman, John Griffin, who had said that the
company would indemnify them in respect of any fines and other
costs they incurred as a result.

Cycle campaigners in London have campaigned against minicabs
being allowed in bus lanes in the city, which are seen as
providing a refuge of sorts for cyclists from much of the
capital’s traffic.

Quoted on BBC News, Nigel Murphy Manchester City Council’s
executive member for the environment, maintained that permitting
minicabs to use bus lanes "would affect the reliability of bus
services, which huge numbers of people in Manchester depend upon
to get access to work, education or healthcare.

"Today's protest will do nothing but cause more congestion in the
city, aggravating people who are trying to go about their
business."

Speaking on behalf of the Private Hire Association, solicitor
James Parry commented: "We now have something like 2,500 taxi
drivers in Manchester and 1,500 Hackney carriage drivers.

"Anybody who can't get a Hackney carriage, because they don't
happen to have one drive past their door, has to pre-book a
vehicle and they are likely to have a private hire vehicle come
to their door.

"They charge more because they can't use the bus lanes so they
can't for example get to Victoria Station easily or as quickly as
a Hackney carriage would.

"That is discriminatory, it is unnecessary and it doesn't serve
the city very well in the Private Hire Association's view."

http://road.cc/content/news/58461-ma...nicab-drivers-

stage-go...

--
Simon Mason

Copied to urd with permission

The rev gave me permission before anyone asks again.

He IS your leader is he not?

Oops, Steve Firth has just e-mailed me to say that he is the leader of
urd.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

You lying ****.

--
Mike P

Steve fulfilled his role in killing a thread by a known troll.
Thanks Steve :-)

--
Simon Mason