A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Andrew



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old August 14th 19, 12:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 468
Default Andrew

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:00:51 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 03:49:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:42:24 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:00:51 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 11:27:11 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Darwin's theory is so unlikely given the mathematics behind it
(which was known AT THE TIME OF DARWIN) that one has to wonder what
would ever have brought anyone to even give it a second thought.

The entire problem with your argument is that you seem to be under
the premise that all species are totally distinct and different from
each other. The mathematice changes when you start to group by
similarities and again when you start to examine common genetic code.

So you thing Dog made the sky blue!

Whoever would have guessed that a Zebra and a North American cougar
aren't the same species?


Funny,but a tree of life on my wall says they share a common ancestor.


Common Ancestor? Chimpanzees share from 98.9 - 99% of human DNA. In
addition they chare a reproduction cycle similar to that of humans, with
most reaching sexual maturity just before or during their teenage years.
They also have a gestation period for about 8 months.


Don't point that out to Tom. He thinks came about completely seperately.

Ads
  #72  
Old August 14th 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 621
Default Andrew

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 10:00:55 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 03:49:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:42:24 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:00:51 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 11:27:11 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Darwin's theory is so unlikely given the mathematics behind it (which
was known AT THE TIME OF DARWIN) that one has to wonder what would
ever have brought anyone to even give it a second thought.

The entire problem with your argument is that you seem to be under the
premise that all species are totally distinct and different from each
other. The mathematice changes when you start to group by similarities
and again when you start to examine common genetic code.

So you thing Dog made the sky blue!

Whoever would have guessed that a Zebra and a North American cougar
aren't the same species?


Funny,but a tree of life on my wall says they share a common ancestor.


Common Ancestor? Chimpanzees share from 98.9 - 99% of human DNA. In
addition they chare a reproduction cycle similar to that of humans,
with most reaching sexual maturity just before or during their teenage
years. They also have a gestation period for about 8 months.
--
cheers,

John B.


Do you EVER tire of being a fool? A DOG has 99% of the same genes as a human. However 1% of 30 Million is 300,000 sequences.

Mutations occur about 1 x 10^9 reproductions and mutations to somatic cells have no effect or are cancerous. Somatic cells are a single cell in the body and the immune system destroys them as a rule.

On a germ cell level, a single point mutation can be silent (having no effect), beneficial or it can have disastrous effects on the offspring the cell may produce, although even in these cases one often needs a mutated allele from both parents. Again each of these requires about 1 x 10^9 times reproductions.

I understand that you people do not have any even vague sense of time but for one single mutation to succeed without spontaneously aborting, (80% of all fertilized eggs spontaneously abort) requires CENTURIES.

Because you don't understand math you cannot even get a vague feel for just how impossible it is for natural selection to have any effect beyond minor improvement of a species for specific rolls. And these are not mutations but naturally occurring genes that are finally combines with a matching germ cell.

Tell us "news18" and John - why are you commenting on this as if you have even the vaguest understanding of biology? Neither of you have a footing in math let alone any sort of feeling for the magnitude of the problem.

Why don't you two tell us how smart you are again and then make more absolutely stupid comments? The difference between the gene sequence of plants and a human is only 74% difference. Gee that would only take 10 times the age of the Universe to mutate so you're in like Flin.
  #73  
Old August 14th 19, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 763
Default Andrew

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:06:02 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 10:00:55 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 03:49:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:42:24 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:00:51 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 11:27:11 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Darwin's theory is so unlikely given the mathematics behind it (which
was known AT THE TIME OF DARWIN) that one has to wonder what would
ever have brought anyone to even give it a second thought.

The entire problem with your argument is that you seem to be under the
premise that all species are totally distinct and different from each
other. The mathematice changes when you start to group by similarities
and again when you start to examine common genetic code.

So you thing Dog made the sky blue!

Whoever would have guessed that a Zebra and a North American cougar
aren't the same species?

Funny,but a tree of life on my wall says they share a common ancestor.


Common Ancestor? Chimpanzees share from 98.9 - 99% of human DNA. In
addition they chare a reproduction cycle similar to that of humans,
with most reaching sexual maturity just before or during their teenage
years. They also have a gestation period for about 8 months.
--
cheers,

John B.


Do you EVER tire of being a fool? A DOG has 99% of the same genes as a human. However 1% of 30 Million is 300,000 sequences.

Mutations occur about 1 x 10^9 reproductions and mutations to somatic cells have no effect or are cancerous. Somatic cells are a single cell in the body and the immune system destroys them as a rule.

On a germ cell level, a single point mutation can be silent (having no effect), beneficial or it can have disastrous effects on the offspring the cell may produce, although even in these cases one often needs a mutated allele from both parents. Again each of these requires about 1 x 10^9 times reproductions.

I understand that you people do not have any even vague sense of time but for one single mutation to succeed without spontaneously aborting, (80% of all fertilized eggs spontaneously abort) requires CENTURIES.

Because you don't understand math you cannot even get a vague feel for just how impossible it is for natural selection to have any effect beyond minor improvement of a species for specific rolls. And these are not mutations but naturally occurring genes that are finally combines with a matching germ cell.

Tell us "news18" and John - why are you commenting on this as if you have even the vaguest understanding of biology? Neither of you have a footing in math let alone any sort of feeling for the magnitude of the problem.

Why don't you two tell us how smart you are again and then make more absolutely stupid comments? The difference between the gene sequence of plants and a human is only 74% difference. Gee that would only take 10 times the age of the Universe to mutate so you're in like Flin.


Well, I'd have to say that "telling us how smart you are again" is a
far superior act than demonstrating how ignorant you are, which you
are so adapt in doing.

But I obviously was mistaken in discussing the Chimp's 98.9 - 99% of
human DNA as quite obviously that couldn't apply to your good self.
After all the Chimp has hair on it's head and you don't.
--
cheers,

John B.

  #74  
Old August 14th 19, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 621
Default Andrew

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 10:39:03 AM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:06:02 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 10:00:55 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 03:49:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:42:24 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:00:51 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 11:27:11 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Darwin's theory is so unlikely given the mathematics behind it (which
was known AT THE TIME OF DARWIN) that one has to wonder what would
ever have brought anyone to even give it a second thought.

The entire problem with your argument is that you seem to be under the
premise that all species are totally distinct and different from each
other. The mathematice changes when you start to group by similarities
and again when you start to examine common genetic code.

So you thing Dog made the sky blue!

Whoever would have guessed that a Zebra and a North American cougar
aren't the same species?

Funny,but a tree of life on my wall says they share a common ancestor..

Common Ancestor? Chimpanzees share from 98.9 - 99% of human DNA. In
addition they chare a reproduction cycle similar to that of humans,
with most reaching sexual maturity just before or during their teenage
years. They also have a gestation period for about 8 months.
--
cheers,

John B.


Do you EVER tire of being a fool? A DOG has 99% of the same genes as a human. However 1% of 30 Million is 300,000 sequences.

Mutations occur about 1 x 10^9 reproductions and mutations to somatic cells have no effect or are cancerous. Somatic cells are a single cell in the body and the immune system destroys them as a rule.

On a germ cell level, a single point mutation can be silent (having no effect), beneficial or it can have disastrous effects on the offspring the cell may produce, although even in these cases one often needs a mutated allele from both parents. Again each of these requires about 1 x 10^9 times reproductions.

I understand that you people do not have any even vague sense of time but for one single mutation to succeed without spontaneously aborting, (80% of all fertilized eggs spontaneously abort) requires CENTURIES.

Because you don't understand math you cannot even get a vague feel for just how impossible it is for natural selection to have any effect beyond minor improvement of a species for specific rolls. And these are not mutations but naturally occurring genes that are finally combines with a matching germ cell.

Tell us "news18" and John - why are you commenting on this as if you have even the vaguest understanding of biology? Neither of you have a footing in math let alone any sort of feeling for the magnitude of the problem.

Why don't you two tell us how smart you are again and then make more absolutely stupid comments? The difference between the gene sequence of plants and a human is only 74% difference. Gee that would only take 10 times the age of the Universe to mutate so you're in like Flin.


Well, I'd have to say that "telling us how smart you are again" is a
far superior act than demonstrating how ignorant you are, which you
are so adapt in doing.

But I obviously was mistaken in discussing the Chimp's 98.9 - 99% of
human DNA as quite obviously that couldn't apply to your good self.
After all the Chimp has hair on it's head and you don't.
--
cheers,

John B.


I haven't make a mention of how smart I am - it is more than enough to point out how you morons can't find your ass with both hands and love to demonstrate it to the public at large.
  #75  
Old August 14th 19, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 763
Default Andrew

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:57:04 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 10:39:03 AM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:06:02 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 10:00:55 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 03:49:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:42:24 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:00:51 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 11:27:11 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Darwin's theory is so unlikely given the mathematics behind it (which
was known AT THE TIME OF DARWIN) that one has to wonder what would
ever have brought anyone to even give it a second thought.

The entire problem with your argument is that you seem to be under the
premise that all species are totally distinct and different from each
other. The mathematice changes when you start to group by similarities
and again when you start to examine common genetic code.

So you thing Dog made the sky blue!

Whoever would have guessed that a Zebra and a North American cougar
aren't the same species?

Funny,but a tree of life on my wall says they share a common ancestor.

Common Ancestor? Chimpanzees share from 98.9 - 99% of human DNA. In
addition they chare a reproduction cycle similar to that of humans,
with most reaching sexual maturity just before or during their teenage
years. They also have a gestation period for about 8 months.
--
cheers,

John B.

Do you EVER tire of being a fool? A DOG has 99% of the same genes as a human. However 1% of 30 Million is 300,000 sequences.

Mutations occur about 1 x 10^9 reproductions and mutations to somatic cells have no effect or are cancerous. Somatic cells are a single cell in the body and the immune system destroys them as a rule.

On a germ cell level, a single point mutation can be silent (having no effect), beneficial or it can have disastrous effects on the offspring the cell may produce, although even in these cases one often needs a mutated allele from both parents. Again each of these requires about 1 x 10^9 times reproductions.

I understand that you people do not have any even vague sense of time but for one single mutation to succeed without spontaneously aborting, (80% of all fertilized eggs spontaneously abort) requires CENTURIES.

Because you don't understand math you cannot even get a vague feel for just how impossible it is for natural selection to have any effect beyond minor improvement of a species for specific rolls. And these are not mutations but naturally occurring genes that are finally combines with a matching germ cell.

Tell us "news18" and John - why are you commenting on this as if you have even the vaguest understanding of biology? Neither of you have a footing in math let alone any sort of feeling for the magnitude of the problem.

Why don't you two tell us how smart you are again and then make more absolutely stupid comments? The difference between the gene sequence of plants and a human is only 74% difference. Gee that would only take 10 times the age of the Universe to mutate so you're in like Flin.


Well, I'd have to say that "telling us how smart you are again" is a
far superior act than demonstrating how ignorant you are, which you
are so adapt in doing.

But I obviously was mistaken in discussing the Chimp's 98.9 - 99% of
human DNA as quite obviously that couldn't apply to your good self.
After all the Chimp has hair on it's head and you don't.
--
cheers,

John B.


I haven't make a mention of how smart I am - it is more than enough to point out how you morons can't find your ass with both hands and love to demonstrate it to the public at large.


Ah Tom, you really need to take a course in "English Comprehension" as
nobody was saying that you had "mentioned how smart I am". Quite the
opposite, it was said that you are "demonstrating how ignorant you
are, which you are so adapt in doing.
--
cheers,

John B.

  #76  
Old August 15th 19, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 468
Default Andrew

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:06:02 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 10:00:55 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 03:49:13 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:42:24 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 9:00:51 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 11:27:11 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Darwin's theory is so unlikely given the mathematics behind it
(which was known AT THE TIME OF DARWIN) that one has to wonder
what would ever have brought anyone to even give it a second
thought.

The entire problem with your argument is that you seem to be under
the premise that all species are totally distinct and different
from each other. The mathematice changes when you start to group by
similarities and again when you start to examine common genetic
code.

So you thing Dog made the sky blue!

Whoever would have guessed that a Zebra and a North American cougar
aren't the same species?

Funny,but a tree of life on my wall says they share a common ancestor.


Common Ancestor? Chimpanzees share from 98.9 - 99% of human DNA. In
addition they chare a reproduction cycle similar to that of humans,
with most reaching sexual maturity just before or during their teenage
years. They also have a gestation period for about 8 months.
--
cheers,

John B.


Do you EVER tire of being a fool? A DOG has 99% of the same genes as a
human. However 1% of 30 Million is 300,000 sequences.

Mutations occur about 1 x 10^9 reproductions


Aarh, now I see your problem. Such an infnitesimal figure.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A la lanterne with Andrew Muzi! Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 2 January 20th 13 01:29 AM
For Andrew Muzi [email protected] Techniques 3 January 8th 10 11:47 PM
Andrew Curran Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 11 September 21st 09 10:44 AM
Andrew Muzi are you ok? [email protected][_2_] Techniques 36 September 4th 09 01:56 PM
Andrew Heckman Gets Hip Rebuilt! Cycle America Rides 3 April 7th 04 03:36 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.