A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 26th 19, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,495
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing Highfield
Road when he was knocked to the floor. He suffered concussion as well
as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to the
damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre. Good clear picture
of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local...ury-collision/
Ads
  #2  
Old July 26th 19, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,423
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On 26/07/2019 13:17, MrCheerful wrote:
A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing Highfield
Road when he was knocked to the floor.* He suffered concussion as well
as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to the
damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre.* Good clear picture
of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local...ury-collision/


In another thread today, a poster has written the headline: "Lorry
driver who fled scene has been caught".

It's nonsense because leaving the scene of a traffic accident is not an
offence. The law requires that someone so involved must provide details
of their name and address to any person reasonably requiring it. It is
sometimes stated that details of insurance must also be provided to
other involved or on the scenene, but that is not the case. Only the
police have a right to that information.

Clearly, all of that had been done (hence the police being able to
contact that driver later).

This one, though, is a quite different kettle of fish. The cyclist
concerned has obviously not provided his contact details, least of all
to his victim or to the police.
  #3  
Old July 26th 19, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,495
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On 26/07/2019 14:07, JNugent wrote:
On 26/07/2019 13:17, MrCheerful wrote:
A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing Highfield
Road when he was knocked to the floor.* He suffered concussion as well
as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to the
damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre.* Good clear
picture of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local...ury-collision/



In another thread today, a poster has written the headline: "Lorry
driver who fled scene has been caught".

It's nonsense because leaving the scene of a traffic accident is not an
offence. The law requires that someone so involved must provide details
of their name and address to any person reasonably requiring it. It is
sometimes stated that details of insurance must also be provided to
other involved or on the scenene, but that is not the case. Only the
police have a right to that information.

Clearly, all of that had been done (hence the police being able to
contact that driver later).

This one, though, is a quite different kettle of fish. The cyclist
concerned has obviously not provided his contact details, least of all
to his victim or to the police.



Apparently it is not an offence for a cyclist to leave the scene of an
accident without giving details, nor is there any legal requirement to
do so within 24 hours. (this law only applies to the users of motor
vehicles)

It really is time that the usage and legalities of all road vehicles'
use were overhauled.
  #4  
Old July 26th 19, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,423
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On 26/07/2019 15:15, MrCheerful wrote:
On 26/07/2019 14:07, JNugent wrote:
On 26/07/2019 13:17, MrCheerful wrote:
A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing
Highfield Road when he was knocked to the floor.* He suffered
concussion as well as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to the
damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre.* Good clear
picture of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local...ury-collision/


In another thread today, a poster has written the headline: "Lorry
driver who fled scene has been caught".

It's nonsense because leaving the scene of a traffic accident is not
an offence. The law requires that someone so involved must provide
details of their name and address to any person reasonably requiring
it. It is sometimes stated that details of insurance must also be
provided to other involved or on the scenene, but that is not the
case. Only the police have a right to that information.

Clearly, all of that had been done (hence the police being able to
contact that driver later).

This one, though, is a quite different kettle of fish. The cyclist
concerned has obviously not provided his contact details, least of all
to his victim or to the police.


Apparently it is not an offence for a cyclist to leave the scene of an
accident without giving details, nor is there any legal requirement to
do so within 24 hours. (this law only applies to the users of motor
vehicles)


That doesn't mean that it is morally acceptable for cyclists to scarper
when they have mowed down their victims.

It really is time that the usage and legalities of all road vehicles'
use were overhauled.


That is true. In the meantime, cyclists are very far from having the
moral high ground.

  #5  
Old July 26th 19, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,325
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 1:17:41 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing Highfield
Road when he was knocked to the floor. He suffered concussion as well
as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to the
damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre. Good clear picture
of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.


If pedestrians walk in to the road in front of moving vehicles without helmets they are responsible for their own injuries and should have to pay for the damage to the victim's vehicle.
  #6  
Old July 26th 19, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,495
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On 26/07/2019 15:24, JNugent wrote:
On 26/07/2019 15:15, MrCheerful wrote:
On 26/07/2019 14:07, JNugent wrote:
On 26/07/2019 13:17, MrCheerful wrote:
A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing
Highfield Road when he was knocked to the floor.* He suffered
concussion as well as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to the
damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre.* Good clear
picture of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local...ury-collision/


In another thread today, a poster has written the headline: "Lorry
driver who fled scene has been caught".

It's nonsense because leaving the scene of a traffic accident is not
an offence. The law requires that someone so involved must provide
details of their name and address to any person reasonably requiring
it. It is sometimes stated that details of insurance must also be
provided to other involved or on the scenene, but that is not the
case. Only the police have a right to that information.

Clearly, all of that had been done (hence the police being able to
contact that driver later).

This one, though, is a quite different kettle of fish. The cyclist
concerned has obviously not provided his contact details, least of
all to his victim or to the police.


Apparently it is not an offence for a cyclist to leave the scene of an
accident without giving details, nor is there any legal requirement to
do so within 24 hours. (this law only applies to the users of motor
vehicles)


That doesn't mean that it is morally acceptable for cyclists to scarper
when they have mowed down their victims.

It really is time that the usage and legalities of all road vehicles'
use were overhauled.


That is true. In the meantime, cyclists are very far from having the
moral high ground.


But they are saving the kiddiewinks and the planet, they must be allowed
to do just as they please.
  #7  
Old July 26th 19, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,698
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On 26/07/2019 15:30, Simon Jester wrote:

If pedestrians walk in to the road in front of moving vehicles
without helmets they are responsible for their own injuries and
should have to pay for the damage to the victim's vehicle.


By not hanging around, the bicycle user missed the opportunity to claim
compo off the pedestrian. His loss.

Although it's possible he might seen recent cases which show it might be
risky because the cyclist is always at fault.
  #8  
Old July 27th 19, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,233
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On 26. 7. 2019 17:45, MrCheerful wrote:
On 26/07/2019 15:24, JNugent wrote:
On 26/07/2019 15:15, MrCheerful wrote:
On 26/07/2019 14:07, JNugent wrote:
On 26/07/2019 13:17, MrCheerful wrote:
A man in his 20s was walking along Devizes Road and crossing
Highfield Road when he was knocked to the floor.* He suffered
concussion as well as some cuts and grazes.

Police say the cyclist involved had to push his bike away due to
the damage caused, but didn't stay at the scene.
He walked away in the direction of the city centre.* Good clear
picture of the cowardly cyclist.

Bring on the number plates and insurance.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local...ury-collision/



In another thread today, a poster has written the headline: "Lorry
driver who fled scene has been caught".

It's nonsense because leaving the scene of a traffic accident is not
an offence. The law requires that someone so involved must provide
details of their name and address to any person reasonably requiring
it. It is sometimes stated that details of insurance must also be
provided to other involved or on the scenene, but that is not the
case. Only the police have a right to that information.

Clearly, all of that had been done (hence the police being able to
contact that driver later).

This one, though, is a quite different kettle of fish. The cyclist
concerned has obviously not provided his contact details, least of
all to his victim or to the police.

Apparently it is not an offence for a cyclist to leave the scene of
an accident without giving details, nor is there any legal
requirement to do so within 24 hours. (this law only applies to the
users of motor vehicles)


That doesn't mean that it is morally acceptable for cyclists to
scarper when they have mowed down their victims.

It really is time that the usage and legalities of all road vehicles'
use were overhauled.


That is true. In the meantime, cyclists are very far from having the
moral high ground.


But they are saving the kiddiewinks and the planet, they must be allowed
to do just as they please.


No.
The only way to save the planet is to reduce the earth's population by
about 80%.
  #9  
Old July 27th 19, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,698
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

When my mother-in-law spent a night in hospital after being being mown
down by a *driver* on *the pavement* who *did not stop* it did not make
the news.


  #10  
Old July 27th 19, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,325
Default Cyclist mows down pedestrian and clears off

On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 11:35:12 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
When my mother-in-law spent a night in hospital after being being mown
down by a *driver* on *the pavement* who *did not stop* it did not make
the news.


Even though you are 200 times more likely to be mown down on a pavement by a motor vehicle than a pedal cycle you have clearly made this story up because motorists never break the law.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pedestrian mows down cyclist Simon Jester UK 26 March 18th 19 08:42 PM
Pedestrian mows down cyclist. Simon Jester UK 2 June 3rd 18 09:21 PM
Cyclist mows down pedestrian, guess what happens next? MrCheerful UK 0 December 14th 17 08:27 AM
Cyclist mows down a child, blames the child and clears off. MrCheerful UK 3 November 30th 16 04:44 PM
Cyclist mows down pedestrian on a crossing Mrcheerful UK 2 April 25th 14 12:11 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.