Survey : Weight vs. battery life for bike computer?

Old July 10th 03, 06:39 AM
Doug

Default Survey : Weight vs. battery life for bike computer?

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:42:12 GMT, "Cleanbean"
wrote:

I'm working on designing a "next generation" bike computer. We're
trying to figure out what would be the optimal tradeoffs for the
batteries. We are looking at the following options (With

I wouldn't use a computer with the weight of a AAA or AA. Consider using 2
large watch type batteries.

Funny how non-engineer types so blithely recommend something. I got a
real kick out of this one.

Doug
Old July 10th 03, 01:05 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:39:58 GMT, Doug wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:42:12 GMT, "Cleanbean"

I wouldn't use a computer with the weight of a AAA or AA. Consider using 2
large watch type batteries.

Funny how non-engineer types so blithely recommend something. I got a
real kick out of this one.

My cyclocomp does just fine on one large watch type battery, for years on
end. This seems to be a simple case of a misunderstanding of the type of
device being discussed (which isn't hard to do from the opening post),
rather than any profound misunderstanding.

So don't be a selfrighteous prick about it.

Jasper