New eBay Search Results

Old April 2nd 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

Default New eBay Search Results

Here's what the designer of the new eBay Search features has to say about
them and himself:

http://labs.ebay.com/raghavgupta/

Chas.

Old April 2nd 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 7:42*pm, "* * Chas" wrote:
Here's what the designer of the new eBay Search features has to say about
them and himself:

http://labs.ebay.com/raghavgupta/

Chas.

Are you stalking him?

The whole things sounds nice the way he pitches it, and perhaps it is.
But I drive a stick, and write my own shell scripts, so I guess I like
doing things myself.

Joseph
Old April 2nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

wrote in message
On Apr 2, 7:42 pm, "* * Chas" wrote:
Here's what the designer of the new eBay Search features has to say

about
them and himself:

http://labs.ebay.com/raghavgupta/

Chas.

Are you stalking him?

The whole things sounds nice the way he pitches it, and perhaps it is.
But I drive a stick, and write my own shell scripts, so I guess I like
doing things myself.

Joseph

"Are you stalking him?"

He's not my kind.... ;-)

I think a lot of the changes at eBay have taken place since the new CEO
took over and brought in HIS teams of MBAs and consultants.

It looks like they want to change the face of eBay to resemble the TV home
shopping channels. They don't see the value of having a source for arcane
and hard to find items of all sorts.

"Dis is vat VE tink you VILL buy!"

Oh well, it's an opportunity for the next people who want to set up an
eBay like service.

Chas.

Old April 3rd 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 11:58*pm, "* * Chas" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 2, 7:42 pm, "* * Chas" wrote:

[...]

There is a site which has used cars in Germany www.mobile.de which
used to be about the best web-site I'd ever seen. A few years ago they
were bought by eBay and they have been slowly ruining it. Strange.

Joseph