Caloi - Do they fail?

Old October 25th 13, 07:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Caloi - Do they fail?

On Sunday, February 25, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Christian Yates wrote:
All of Caloi's road frames are made my EM, or just the Motorola frames?
I seem to recall hearing that even though Caloi is supposed to be
Motorola's supplier, they just stuck Caloi decals on Merckx frames. I'm
not sure that _all_ of Caloi's road frames are Merckx-made, though...

This type of "stick our sponsor's decal on that other manufacturers
bike" kind of stuff seems to be becoming more common these days.
Wassupwitdat? Are we going to start seeing Huffys in the peloton again?

Caloi neither makes nor sells any road frames. They sponser the
motorola team for advertizement purposes. Motorola rides Merckx and
litespeed (which manufactures Merckx Ti frames BTW). Caloi only makes
MTB's, a few hybrids, and cruisers. (unless they're hiding something from
me- I'm a Caloi dealer).

----------------------------------
| Christian Yates|||||///////////|
| ||\\\\\\\\\\\|
----------------------------------

It is interesting that they don't make road bikes since one is sitting in my garage. It is a Caloi 7000 series Pro Road all aluminum frame. My wife found it in a thrift store. I am about to re-donate it because no one ever rides it. I searched the name on a search engine to find out if it had any value and stumbled upon this discussion.
Old February 3rd 18, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thing is the bike you describe wasn't made for 5 years after the original post to which you replied.
I have a caloi 2001, 7000 series all aluminum road bike as well, thrift store also and was searching for a price as well. Lol
Rides nice.

Words fail me #2 [email protected] Techniques 3 January 21st 08 01:07 AM
FS: Team Motorola Caloi by Eddy Merckx Bike - Frankie Andreu [email protected] Marketplace 1 November 15th 06 04:59 AM
Words fail me - almost Danny Colyer UK 4 August 24th 06 09:41 AM
CR: Feet don't fail me now Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 40 March 26th 06 12:57 PM
Is my rim going to fail? Bob Wheeler Techniques 1 May 20th 05 01:54 PM