CATASTROPHIC TUBULAR TIRE FAILURE VIDEO

Old April 10th 14, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default CATASTROPHIC TUBULAR TIRE FAILURE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+wheel+failure
Old April 10th 14, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 9:39:50 PM UTC-4, x wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+wheel+failure

I see 20+ videos there but none that states it's a tubular tire failure. Can you tell us exactly which video has the catastrophic TUBULAR TIRE filure in it?

Besides, clincher tires have been know to fail catastrophically too and so it's not just tubular tires that can fail.

Cheers

Old April 10th 14, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

a search for CATASTROPHIC TUBULAR FAILURES was disappointing fersure...imagine glue failures ? infrequent off course but glue does fail.

We suspect a conspiracy among tubular owners.

at least one Aussie or Irishman skating off into the tules on aluminum...but no, nada. not yet.
Old April 10th 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:39:50 PM UTC-5, x wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+wheel+failure

The only catastrophic tubular fails I've experienced were simple flats. They both resulted in my walking the bike six miles back to the ride start. The first was because I screwed up squirting the leak stop stuff into the tire; the second was the result of gluing the ****ing tire "Belgian Style". That was way too much adhesive for what I needed...And, the Cafe Latex didn't work. Once the blisters on my feet healed, and the clincher wheels went back onto the bike, things have been better.

Old April 10th 14, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

, and the clincher wheels went back onto the bike, things have been better.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we imagine the contact patch slipping off downstream in a hi speed corner against a metal guardrail......
Old April 11th 14, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

BLOWOUT.........DELCONTI !

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lowouts&page=1
Old April 11th 14, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:01:31 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
BLOWOUT.........DELCONTI !

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lowouts&page=1

MAX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEosuGzSbng
Old April 12th 14, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

BLOWOUT.........DELCONTI !

well, we could pile up some dirt. any dirt around ?

http://goo.gl/fY75Hy
Old April 12th 14, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

I assume dirt would blow away. We imagine trials at the State Ag College...but with so much land around why so narrow a median ?

film at 11....not likely.
Old April 13th 14, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Saturday, April 12, 2014 6:49:08 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
I assume dirt would blow away. We imagine trials at the State Ag College...but with so much land around why so narrow a median ?

film at 11....not likely.

San Jose paper sez median is 58 feet ....we are not along....