HSBC UK has teamed up with British Cycling to get two million peopleback on their bikes, for a happier, healthier, greener Britain.

Old January 1st 18, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default HSBC UK has teamed up with British Cycling to get two million peopleback on their bikes, for a happier, healthier, greener Britain.

British Cycling encourage millions of people to ride their bikes
throughout their recreational programmes, all suited to meet an
individual’s preferred form of cycling. They are also working hard to
inspire the next generation of cyclists through their work with schools
and community clubs to ensure that more young people are taking up the
sport than ever before.

https://advancemembers.hsbc.co.uk/british-cycling
--
Bod
Old January 2nd 18, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 01.01.2018 20:18, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 18:30:39 -0000, Bod wrote:

British Cycling encourage millions of people to ride their bikes
throughout their recreational programmes, all suited to meet an
individual’s preferred form of cycling. They are also working hard to
inspire the next generation of cyclists through their work with schools
and community clubs to ensure that more young people are taking up the
sport than ever before.

https://advancemembers.hsbc.co.uk/british-cycling

Cycling is rubbish.Â* I can get there in the same time by running,
without the hassle of a bike, and I'm able to go places bikes can't.

Bull****.
Bicycling is much more than just a sport.
For me it is a very enjoyable delightful convenient environmentally
friendly very viable healthy means of transport.
Running isn't. My knees won't allow it.
You are an arrogant jerk for suggesting that bicycling is rubbish.
If you had said "for me, bicycling is rubbish" then I cannot argue
against that. That leaves me to use my bike unhindered by your warped
thoughts.
Old January 2nd 18, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 9:45:28 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
On 01.01.2018 20:18, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 18:30:39 -0000, Bod wrote:

British Cycling encourage millions of people to ride their bikes
throughout their recreational programmes, all suited to meet an
individual’s preferred form of cycling. They are also working hard to
inspire the next generation of cyclists through their work with schools
and community clubs to ensure that more young people are taking up the
sport than ever before.

https://advancemembers.hsbc.co.uk/british-cycling

Cycling is rubbish.Â* I can get there in the same time by running,
without the hassle of a bike, and I'm able to go places bikes can't.

Are you Alan Holmes?

Old January 2nd 18, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/01/18 18:30, Bod wrote:
British Cycling encourage millions of people to ride their bikes
throughout their recreational programmes, all suited to meet an
individual’s preferred form of cycling. They are also working hard to
inspire the next generation of cyclists through their work with schools
and community clubs to ensure that more young people are taking up the
sport than ever before.

"...taking up the sport" Making cycling look difficult and elitist will
not encourage millions of people to ride their bikes.

https://advancemembers.hsbc.co.uk/british-cycling

Old January 4th 18, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 03.01.2018 08:25, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 9:45:28 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
On 01.01.2018 20:18, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 18:30:39 -0000, Bod wrote:

British Cycling encourage millions of people to ride their bikes
throughout their recreational programmes, all suited to meet an
individual’s preferred form of cycling. They are also working hard to
inspire the next generation of cyclists through their work with schools
and community clubs to ensure that more young people are taking up the
sport than ever before.

https://advancemembers.hsbc.co.uk/british-cycling

Cycling is rubbish.Â* I can get there in the same time by running,
without the hassle of a bike, and I'm able to go places bikes can't.

Are you Alan Holmes?

My name is not Alan Holmes.
Who is Alan Holmes?
Old January 4th 18, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/01/2018 08:37, Peter Keller wrote:
[...]

The one-time tenor/baritone saxophonist and flautist with Sounds
Incorporated.
Old January 4th 18, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 8:37:48 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
[...]

Someone who used to post here.
He claimed to have once cycled 84 miles from London to the Cotswolds in 2 3/4 hours on a 1950 3-speed roadster loaded with equipment and supplies for a 2 week camping trip.
Another claim was cycling from London to Cumbria for a party in one day and then back the next day.
Since JWS can run 100 miles in a day at an average speed in excess of 12mph, I thought these 2 supermen might be related.

Old January 4th 18, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

British Cycling encourage millions of people to ride their bikes
throughout their recreational programmes, all suited to meet an
individual's preferred form of cycling. They are also working
hard to inspire the next generation of cyclists through their
work with schools and community clubs to ensure that more young
people are taking up the sport than ever before.

https://advancemembers.hsbc.co.uk/british-cycling

Cycling is rubbish. I can get there in the same time by running,
without the hassle of a bike, and I'm able to go places bikes
can't.

Are you Alan Holmes?

My name is not Alan Holmes.
Who is Alan Holmes?

Someone who used to post here.
He claimed to have once cycled 84 miles from London to the Cotswolds
in 2 3/4 hours on a 1950 3-speed roadster loaded with equipment and
supplies for a 2 week camping trip.
Another claim was cycling from London to Cumbria for a party in one
day and then back the next day.
Since JWS can run 100 miles in a day at an average speed in excess of
12mph, I thought these 2 supermen might be related.

They are related. They are both liars.