MUni weekend this fall (eastcoast)

Old August 5th 04, 11:45 PM
shadowuni

Default MUni weekend this fall (eastcoast)

ok so me and Muniracer were talking, and we decided that we NEED to have
a MUni weekend on this coast. i would seriously like input on some
things. First, where would we have it. second, who will come? third,
when would we have it. a running vote will be kept. everyones input who
would attend would be appreciated. thanks, Nick

--
shadowuni - Level 6.5 Unicyclist

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
"unless I'm catastrophically off-balance, in which I'll have to hop to
stay up." - gerblefranklin
"I like learning new mounts, they hide the fact that you previously just
screwed up when you were showing off" - Special_liz
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

Old August 5th 04, 11:57 PM
Sofa

if it is in the 'Adirondack Park system'
(http://www.adirondacks.com/biking.html) I can make it.

If I can make it, it will make a great addition to my DVD (projected
Release Feb 20 2005)

If it's further away from Ontario than that I cannot make it

Great idea!

--
Sofa - you - pee - dee

'yea i no allot of mi frends an i r hecka smartr then othr peeple at mi
skool cus we can balense and we can ride farthar then other peeple wich
makes ur bran more exersised an it helps u consentrate an improves ur
mentel stamena' - 1wheelthrilla

'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
*72* products

'London Unicycling Club ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/) (London,
Ontario, Canada)

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old August 6th 04, 12:19 AM
unicyclejoe

I will be there as long as it doesnt conflict with california.
i'd love to help out any way i can so drop me an IM unicyclejoey if you
want any other location ideas or anything like that.

as for one place that pops into my head for a day of ridding would be
'mountain creek' (http://mountaincreek.com/mountain_biking.html) which
is one of the premier mountain biking location in the east. there is
alot of riding in that general area for another day or two of ridding
but I dont know of anyone who can easyely scout out other spots around
there.

I can safely say that me, ben and hopefuly dan will make it.

edit: thats not a vote its a sugestion.

Joey

--
unicyclejoe
unicyclejoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/377

Old August 6th 04, 02:23 AM
evil-nick

When would said weekend be? I'm for it! Any particular part of the
east coast we're talking about? I prefer the New England/Quebec/Ontario
region, but if it's not too far I'm definately interested... And if it
is too far, I'm definately interested...

--
evil-nick - Living in Balance

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old August 7th 04, 05:19 AM
cjd

I'd definitely be interested in anything New England/SE Quebec/upstate
NY. I just moved from England to Maine and have been feeling sorry for
myself because I missed BMW South Wales ...

Would this be XC riding, or DH, or trialsy?

--
cjd - Pashley apologist
cjd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3965

Old August 20th 04, 12:10 AM
merrill

It looks like there’s enough interest for New York, so I guess I’ll make
this the official announcement! Nobody will be disappointed in the
terrain or the trials course, and there will be plenty of both.

*The event will be located in Kent Cliffs, New York, about 60 miles
north of NYC, Oct 1-3.*

Here's a mapquest link to Kent Cliffs, NY: http://tinyurl.com/6tqde
Exact directions will follow soon.

The trials events will be at my house. Trail riding will be at Mt.
Ninham, about 20 minutes from the house:

http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/U...30_4566crx.aspx

This area has an extensive network of very technical singletrack with
lots of rocks, drops logs, big hills, gnarly roots, bumps etc. All in
all, probably 15+miles of great singletrack. I love this place. I can
guarantee everyone will be challenged. At the same time, there’s plenty
at Ninham for riders of all levels, so everyone will have a good time.
Those who want to branch off and ride the less sick stuff can do so.

My trials playground is pretty cool too. It's built on about ten acres
of land behind my house and I've been working on for the past two
years.

As mentioned, all are welcome to crash at my house. LMK if you are
interested. Four bedrooms are available, first come first serve, and
there's plenty of floor space for sleeping bags, and yard space for
camping. (I’ll research hotels soon too.) If it's warm enough,
there's a pool to jump in, and we'll have trials-side barbecues each
night.

LMK if anyone has questions/comments. That’s all I can think of for
now. I’ll post more info as it develops.

Feel free to email me at nycjoe at aol dot com, if you need information.
And let us know here if you will be attending! This is going to
rock.

Joe Merrill

--
merrill - Gabba Gabba Hey

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for
entrepreneur. Dubya - July 10, 2003.

merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

Old August 22nd 04, 01:32 AM
evil-nick

90% chance of being there now, barring excessive school work/customs
snafus/death. I've officially got the time off from work, as long as my
unicyle is fixed by then I should be good. Failing that, I borrow a mtn
bike and can be the official wannabe, or the chase guy with the
gatorade, cameras, first-aid kits, list of witty comebacks, etc See
you guys there!

"Evil" Nick Wilson (Yep, "Evil" is not my real name!)

Old August 22nd 04, 06:55 AM
tennisgh22

sucks to be me, and anyone living south of me. mapquest gave me the bad
news--

Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 55 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 289.21 miles

still count me as a maybe tho

assuming i have school on october 1st, i wouldn't be able to get in any
riding before sundown after the 5 hour drive. and sunday i'd only be
able to stay part of the day before needing to leave. oh well

merrill, do you have any pictures/videos in the gallery of your trials
course?

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - Haha you fool

The word gullible is written above my avatar!
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771