Parramata to Liverpool Railtrail

Old November 12th 04, 05:41 AM
Jack Russell

Default Parramata to Liverpool Railtrail

Can anyone give me some info on this? Is it real, is it safe etc?
I don't want to drive over there and find it is up to the RTA's usual
standards!
I am introducing some people to cycling and looking for some cycle path
type rides while they get used to riding.
--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell
Old November 12th 04, 06:54 AM
Liz

I know nothing about it myself, but
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/parra-railtrail.html seems pretty
informative - photos etc.

Old November 12th 04, 07:22 AM
DJ

"Liz" wrote in message
I know nothing about it myself, but
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/parra-railtrail.html seems pretty
informative - photos etc.

"Jack Russell" wrote in message
Can anyone give me some info on this? Is it real, is it safe etc?
I don't want to drive over there and find it is up to the RTA's usual
standards!
I am introducing some people to cycling and looking for some cycle path
type rides while they get used to riding.
--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell

I've travelled on this trail a few times and it's pretty good in most
places with nice paths but there are a few places near rail stations that
you have to ride into car parks so beware of cars trying to find the
closest car space, From Parramatta, you seem to be allowed by the
indication of signs that you can ride the pedestrian paths along the start
of villawood road near the car sales places and there are a couple of
streets where you can avoid some of the busy Church st or is it Villawood
road (not sure).

When you get to a park at Warwick Farm,near the station, you can ride the
reasonably quiet road around near the Liverpool Hospital to the Liverpool
Station.
I measured the whole ride from Liverpool Stn to Parramatta Station to around
17 kms one way so it's a not too far ride for beginners.
Have you tried the bike ride that goes to Homebush Olympic centre, that's ok
too, a bit of road riding (quiet on Sundays) along the industrial areas of
Rosehill and Auburn but otherwise ok for beginners.

Once your group is really hooked, from around Fairfeild, there is a
branch-off bike-path you can go towards the Prospect Resevoir, haven't done
this ride yet but will soon.

A good way to get your friends/family to really enjoy cycling and learn more
on the way is possibly to get involved with a local BUG ( Bicycle Users
Group) who organise weekend day rides for all kinds of fitness levels and
work for a cause to lobby councils and Governments to provide better cycling
opportunities in Sydney metro, these are the groups who have lobbied hard to
get the bike paths that exist today..............worth a thought!!

Hope this has helped some.......till next time...safe riding!!

Regards

Dave J.

Old November 12th 04, 06:30 PM
giantbike

DJ Wrote:
"Liz" wrote in messag
..
I know nothing about it myself, bu
http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/parra-railtrail.html seems prett
informative - photos etc

"Jack Russell" wrote in messag
..
Can anyone give me some info on this? Is it real, is it safe etc
I don't want to drive over there and find it is up to the RTA'

usua
standards
I am introducing some people to cycling and looking for some cycl

pat
type rides while they get used to riding
-
Remove norubbish to reply direc

Jack Russel

I've travelled on this trail a few times and it's pretty good in mos
places with nice paths but there are a few places near rail station

tha
you have to ride into car parks so beware of cars trying to find th
closest car space, From Parramatta, you seem to be allowed by th
indication of signs that you can ride the pedestrian paths along th

star
of villawood road near the car sales places and there are a couple o
streets where you can avoid some of the busy Church st or is i

Villawoo
road (not sure)

When you get to a park at Warwick Farm,near the station, you can rid
th
reasonably quiet road around near the Liverpool Hospital to th
Liverpoo
Station
I measured the whole ride from Liverpool Stn to Parramatta Station t
aroun
17 kms one way so it's a not too far ride for beginners
Have you tried the bike ride that goes to Homebush Olympic centre
that's o
too, a bit of road riding (quiet on Sundays) along the industrial area
Rosehill and Auburn but otherwise ok for beginners

Once your group is really hooked, from around Fairfeild, there is
branch-off bike-path you can go towards the Prospect Resevoir, haven'
don
this ride yet but will soon

A good way to get your friends/family to really enjoy cycling and lear
mor
on the way is possibly to get involved with a local BUG ( Bicycle User
Group) who organise weekend day rides for all kinds of fitness level
an
work for a cause to lobby councils and Governments to provide bette
cyclin
opportunities in Sydney metro, these are the groups who have lobbie
hard t
get the bike paths that exist today..............worth a thought!

Hope this has helped some.......till next time...safe riding!

Regard

Dave J.

Yes,I have tried the Guildford to Liverpool part of the bike path an
I can really endorse it.The mainthing is it is almost mostly off roa
so it is very safe for begginner.I assume the part from Guildford t
Parramatta should be very similar.

I would like to try the part of the Prospect reservoir bike path,ca
anyone enlighten me on how the route is?Or would that be a map som
where?The map that I got doesn't have the route yet :

--
giantbike

Old November 14th 04, 02:49 AM
Terry Collins

The map that I got doesn't have the route yet

Get onto the nsw state bike committe
They were free and posted recently.
Old November 14th 04, 11:52 AM
mikeg

Jack Russell Wrote:
Can anyone give me some info on this? Is it real, is it safe etc?
I don't want to drive over there and find it is up to the RTA's usual
standards!
I am introducing some people to cycling and looking for some cycl
path
type rides while they get used to riding.
--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell

Jack

I highly recomend the Prospect Canal Cycle from Guilford to Prospec
Reservoir
for beginner cyclists. You have 7.5 km of good wide shared pathway fro
the pumping station at Guilford to the reservoir without roa
crossings.

you can park at the reservoir after 10am, gates close early around 5p
or 6pm. Please check for yourself! Or you can park at places along th
canal reserve. A good place on weekends is next to Holroyd Hig
School.

Mik

--
mikeg

Old November 14th 04, 12:02 PM
Book

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
| The map that I got doesn't have the route yet
|
| Get onto the nsw state bike committe
| They were free and posted recently.

The RTA will post out cycle route maps for free- ring them on 13 17 82 and
ask for the Liverpool and Parramatta cycleways map.

Old November 14th 04, 01:16 PM
mikeg

Book Wrote:
"Terry Collins" wrote in message
| The map that I got doesn't have the route yet
|
| Get onto the nsw state bike committe
| They were free and posted recently.

The RTA will post out cycle route maps for free- ring them on 13 17 8
and
ask for the Liverpool and Parramatta cycleways map.

Also ask for the Western Sydney Cycleways map,
and the newer "Sydney and Parramatta" map.

Mik

--
mikeg

Old November 16th 04, 01:31 AM
giantbike

mikeg Wrote:
Also ask for the Western Sydney Cycleways map,
and the newer "Sydney and Parramatta" map.

Mike

Book Wrote:

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
| The map that I got doesn't have the route yet
|
| Get onto the nsw state bike committe
| They were free and posted recently.

The RTA will post out cycle route maps for free- ring them on 13 17 8
and
ask for the Liverpool and Parramatta cycleways map.

Thanks for the infoes guys.Going to get hold of these maps and try ou
the route from Guildford to Prospect reservoir.Cheers

--
giantbike

Question about the Leeds Liverpool canal. Random UK 5 October 16th 05 01:58 PM
A nice ride, event in Liverpool 18th Sep 05!... [email protected] Unicycling 2 August 20th 05 08:58 PM
Nice short fun ride in liverpool 18th September 05. [email protected] UK 0 August 20th 05 08:13 PM
Liverpool Street Greg UK 0 July 10th 05 10:09 PM
Photos - Sefton Park, Palm House, Liverpool Icarus UK 4 April 28th 04 07:25 PM