BR 21 To(morrow)day!

Old November 13th 04, 04:09 AM
flyingdutch

Default BR 21 To(morrow)day!

hmmmm. might be insert 'R'-y word here

BOM says...
"Sunday Few showers. Moderate to fresh westerly wind. Min 11 Max
19"

See? only 'a few' showers. luckily they will fall before and after,
right?. .right??

And we will be kept 'fresh' too

FD-thinks he might put on the new chain/cluster/rings AFTER BR21...

--
flyingdutch

Old November 13th 04, 06:56 AM
DaveB

I'm in. I was supposed to do a Whittlesea ride today with a mate, but he
chickened out due to the forecast for showers. Turned out the morning
would have been great for riding, as opposed to the afternoon which has
been insane. Hopefully it will improve before tomorrow.

A good day for staying inside and sorting out my MTB BB and hubs. No
wonder I couldn't turn the cranks, the bearing cage seems to have self
destructed. Never seen anything like it, it seems to have torn itself apart.

DaveB

Old November 13th 04, 08:00 AM
hippy

"DaveB" wrote in message
A good day for staying inside and sorting out my MTB BB and hubs. No
wonder I couldn't turn the cranks, the bearing cage seems to have self
destructed. Never seen anything like it, it seems to have torn itself

apart.

It couldn't have torn itself apart.. that's impossible..
Must have been the all-powerful rider aboard..

Nice work!! Dave-O-Destructo!! :-)

mentally unbalanced hippy

Old November 13th 04, 08:51 AM
jazmo

flyingdutch Wrote:
hmmmm. might be insert 'R'-y word here

BOM says...
"Sunday Few showers. Moderate to fresh westerly wind. Min 11 Ma
19"

See? only 'a few' showers. luckily they will fall before and after
right?. .right??

And we will be kept 'fresh' too

FD-thinks he might put on the new chain/cluster/rings AFTER BR21...

Just like last week, if it's not raining and it's 7:20 am, I'll b
there

--
jazmo

Old November 13th 04, 09:52 AM
Gags

"DaveB" wrote in message
I'm in. I was supposed to do a Whittlesea ride today with a mate, but he
chickened out due to the forecast for showers. Turned out the morning
would have been great for riding, as opposed to the afternoon which has
been insane. Hopefully it will improve before tomorrow.

A good day for staying inside and sorting out my MTB BB and hubs. No
wonder I couldn't turn the cranks, the bearing cage seems to have self
destructed. Never seen anything like it, it seems to have torn itself

apart.

DaveB

I finally got around to doing my BB, Headset, and both hubs today....all of
them had heaps of water. Plenty came out of the bottom bracket shell as I
removed it (I reckon that the frame must have been about a quarter full of
water - thank god for sealed BBs). Once I had the BB, Seatpost, Headset all
out, I left the frame in a number of elevations so that each of the frame
tubes could drain out a bit better. I unblocked all the little holes that
are supposed to let the water out (and in I guess) and used the straw
attachment to spray some WD40 inside each of the tubes. I repacked the
wheel hubs and got everything else ready to go and I am going to put it all
back together tomorrow after giving the frame overnight to further dry out.

Needless to say I will probably be taking detours for a while rather than
riding through puddles again.

I will probably be there in the morning.....I might even put on the rear
mudguard in consideration of other riders (as well as my dry arse)

Ride On,

Gags

Old November 13th 04, 10:20 AM
Sasha

Is Doncaster shopping centre the official meeting place for this ride? Any
guys meeting closer to Bundoora/G'borough area? Would love to join this ride
if the whether is favorable.

Sasha

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

Old November 13th 04, 10:26 AM
DaveB

Sasha wrote:
Is Doncaster shopping centre the official meeting place for this ride? Any
guys meeting closer to Bundoora/G'borough area? Would love to join this ride
if the whether is favorable.

Sasha

Gags and Geoff come down Greensborough Rd to Manningham Rd to the start
when they ride, but given that it is dark, cold, raining and possibly
hailing and probably pestilence thrown in for good measure, Gags is
probably out riding his bike right now and won't have time to respond. .

DaveB

Old November 13th 04, 10:36 AM
Gags

"DaveB" wrote in message
Sasha wrote:
Is Doncaster shopping centre the official meeting place for this ride?

Any
guys meeting closer to Bundoora/G'borough area? Would love to join this

ride
if the whether is favorable.

Sasha

Gags and Geoff come down Greensborough Rd to Manningham Rd to the start
when they ride, but given that it is dark, cold, raining and possibly
hailing and probably pestilence thrown in for good measure, Gags is
probably out riding his bike right now and won't have time to respond.

..

DaveB

Actually, I am working on this assignment again..........

Sasha, I will be leaving home at approx 0630h.....I will wait at the
intersection of Greensborough Hwy and Lwr Plenty road from about 0635h. If
you don't show up, then I will go on to Doncaster at about 0645h. I go down
Rosanna Rd, cut past the police station at Heidelburg onto Manningham Road,
and then follow Manningham Road all the way to the start point.

I will have on a Cannibal jersey that is half red, half blue and I will prob
be the only one waiting there at that time of morning.

Please post further details as to whether or not you are coming (I will prob
be up pretty late studying).

Ride On,

Gags

Old November 13th 04, 11:00 AM
Sasha

"Gags" gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote in message

.

[...]

Hi Gags,

Sounds like a good plan. If you dont see me by 6.45, than by all means go on
by yourself. I am coming from Mill Park, so will be riding from
Greensborough Rd direction. If the wheather is horrible, than I will
probably avoid the ride.

You can identify me by my bike- it is a bright orange Orbea with blue front
end, and with ritchey aero wheels. Trust me, you cant miss it! Look forward
to it.

Sasha

Old November 13th 04, 11:14 AM
Gags

Hi Gags,

Sounds like a good plan. If you dont see me by 6.45, than by all means go

on
by yourself. I am coming from Mill Park, so will be riding from
Greensborough Rd direction. If the wheather is horrible, than I will
probably avoid the ride.

You can identify me by my bike- it is a bright orange Orbea with blue

front
end, and with ritchey aero wheels. Trust me, you cant miss it! Look

forward
to it.

Sasha

No Probs......see you in the morning.