Marathon Sans Plus

Old August 5th 08, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Default Marathon Sans Plus

330 miles to first puncture. A bit of glass. I had to think how to fix
it, not to mention tyre levers, glue and patches had all flown south in
the intervening years. So that's going to be a change in the near future.

Plusses on 6,300 odd and still going.
Old August 5th 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jonathan Schneider

Tosspot writes:

330 miles to first puncture. A bit of glass. I had to think how to
fix it, not to mention tyre levers, glue and patches had all flown
south in the intervening years. So that's going to be a change in the
near future.

Plusses on 6,300 odd and still going.

My non-plus had its first puncture at three years old.

Jon
Old August 6th 08, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Jonathan Schneider wrote:
Tosspot writes:

330 miles to first puncture. A bit of glass. I had to think how to
fix it, not to mention tyre levers, glue and patches had all flown
south in the intervening years. So that's going to be a change in the
near future.

Plusses on 6,300 odd and still going.

My non-plus had its first puncture at three years old.

I average about one or two a year across the six I have in regular use.,
not enough of a problem to want to cart around the extra weight and
rolling resistance of the Plus. What I did find this year is when
they're worn out they puncture remarkably easily! Moral: change them in
time!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old August 6th 08, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Peter Clinch wrote:
Jonathan Schneider wrote:
Tosspot writes:

330 miles to first puncture. A bit of glass. I had to think how to
fix it, not to mention tyre levers, glue and patches had all flown
south in the intervening years. So that's going to be a change in the
near future.

Plusses on 6,300 odd and still going.

My non-plus had its first puncture at three years old.

I average about one or two a year across the six I have in regular use.,
not enough of a problem to want to cart around the extra weight and
rolling resistance of the Plus. What I did find this year is when
they're worn out they puncture remarkably easily! Moral: change them in
time!

I was looking at the Schwalbe range, those Supremes look nice;

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c1-1067-tour.html

I might give them a go. Quite, for a given value of, light as well.
Old August 6th 08, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Tosspot wrote:

I was looking at the Schwalbe range, those Supremes look nice;

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c1-1067-tour.html

I might give them a go. Quite, for a given value of, light as well.

Noticed an add for them in the latest Cycle, and thought "hmmmm!", but
regrettably the sizes aren't what I'm after, as I use 559x40 on the back
of the tourer and everything else that I use Marathons on is 406 or 349.

Bah! (still, think of the money I'll save...)

Pete.
Old August 6th 08, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Peter Clinch wrote:

Tosspot wrote:

I was looking at the Schwalbe range, those Supremes look nice;

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c1-1067-tour.html

I might give them a go. Quite, for a given value of, light as well.

Noticed an add for them in the latest Cycle, and thought "hmmmm!", but
regrettably the sizes aren't what I'm after, as I use 559x40 on the back
of the tourer and everything else that I use Marathons on is 406 or 349.

Bah! (still, think of the money I'll save...)

Just found this as well.

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/pdf/techinfo.pdf

Quite handy, i'll put it in a new thread.
Old August 6th 08, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andrew Price

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:30:39 +0100, Peter Clinch
wrote:

I average about one or two a year across the six I have in regular use.,
not enough of a problem to want to cart around the extra weight and
rolling resistance of the Plus.

Agreed. - they are indeed extremely heavy - almost 1kg for a 700x40.
I had to put one on a rear wheel in August of last year, to replace a
tyre which had become irreparably damaged. I was in Arnstadt that
day, and no-one there had "normal" Marathons, only the "Plus". I took
it off when I got home, though.

Skidding on a fixie - sans brakes Gags Australia 15 February 18th 08 10:37 AM
Rechargeable bike light sans external batteries MWP Australia 9 November 29th 07 02:51 AM
The Man sans drugs Jack Maars Racing 8 August 16th 06 12:14 AM
Levi sans dope. Not so good. [email protected] Racing 19 July 17th 06 07:29 PM
Shock Picture of Politician on Bike Sans H****t Rob Bruce UK 2 January 29th 04 06:05 PM