The Olympics games again.

Old August 19th 08, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Default The Olympics games again.

'A cycling centre has been opened in east London which the developers
say is the "first piece of physical sporting legacy" linked to the 2012
Olympics.'
Old August 20th 08, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
killermike[_5_]

Martin wrote:

'A cycling centre has been opened in east London which the developers
say is the "first piece of physical sporting legacy" linked to the 2012
Olympics.'

Finally, London is getting some money spent on it! Well done to the
government.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk Michael Reed -- technology, gender, and geek
culture freelance writer
Old August 20th 08, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Martin tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

'A cycling centre has been opened in east London which the developers
say is the "first piece of physical sporting legacy" linked to the
2012 Olympics.'

A pity they didn't put this in place /before/ they dug up Eastway, thobut
:-(

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old August 20th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:21:52 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

In ,
Martin tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

'A cycling centre has been opened in east London which the developers
say is the "first piece of physical sporting legacy" linked to the
2012 Olympics.'

A pity they didn't put this in place /before/ they dug up Eastway, thobut
:-(

Agreed. But the speed of the completion has been truly remarkable.

I just hope that they will resolve the lease issues around Herne Hill
Velodrome soon so that can have some major investment. At the moment
the freeholder will only renew the lease a year at a time which means
that major funding cannot be found for the site.
Old August 20th 08, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:
,
Martin tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

'A cycling centre has been opened in east London which the developers
say is the "first piece of physical sporting legacy" linked to the
2012 Olympics.'

A pity they didn't put this in place /before/ they dug up Eastway, thobut
:-(

Agreed. But the speed of the completion has been truly remarkable.

I just hope that they will resolve the lease issues around Herne Hill
Velodrome soon so that can have some major investment. At the moment
the freeholder will only renew the lease a year at a time which means
that major funding cannot be found for the site.

Not being a sporty - what's a Velopark and why is it important for the
games. Velodrome I get but Velopark, outdoors?

Sniper8052
Old September 1st 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

On 1 Sep, 13:26, (Roger Merriman) wrote:
Dave Larrington wrote:

The original proposal had a 1.6 km road circuit, BMX track, mountain bike
course and cycle speedway venue in addition to the velodrome, but things
have been scaled down a bit. *The road circuit is still on the cards (though
it looks deeply crap compared with Eastway), as is the BMX track, but the
decent-sized MTB course and the cycle speedway have been binned.

since the MTB stuff will be in Essex, that might be one reason i guess?

I don't think that has anything to do with it. The new development was
not intended as an Olympic venue but as a replacement for the facility
that was destroyed by the Olympic development.

--
Dave...

Old September 1st 08, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
W.Warburton

On 1 Sep, 13:26, (Roger Merriman) wrote:

since the MTB stuff will be in Essex, that might be one reason i guess?

There are Mountains in Essex?

My English geography must be even worse than I thought!

Cheers,
W.
Old September 1st 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

W.Warburton wrote:

On 1 Sep, 13:26, (Roger Merriman) wrote:

since the MTB stuff will be in Essex, that might be one reason i guess?

There are Mountains in Essex?

My English geography must be even worse than I thought!

Cheers,
W.

heh! what the welsh/scottish/anywhere hilly said.

though to be fair it's London's not Cardiff say.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

olympics Lloydd UK 0 August 8th 08 03:40 PM
Free online Games play and free download - Intelligent games [email protected] Techniques 0 February 29th 08 10:39 AM
Free online Games play and free download – Intelligent games [email protected] UK 0 February 29th 08 10:38 AM
Free online Games play and free download - Intelligent games [email protected] General 0 February 29th 08 08:35 AM
Olympics Carl Sundquist Racing 8 February 21st 06 07:51 PM