Compo update.

Old November 26th 09, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Compo update.

Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court, so the whole thing looks like taking 4 months all told. The
actual bone only took four weeks to show that it had healed by X-ray so I
was only off the bike for a month. Quite fast for a 51 year old ;-)

I turned up to work the next day but was sent home as I still had a sick
note for another week - I had to get another one to over rule it!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old November 26th 09, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RudiL

On 26 Nov, 16:27, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court, so the whole thing looks like taking 4 months all told. The
actual bone only took four weeks to show that it had healed by X-ray so I
was only off the bike for a month. Quite fast for a 51 year old ;-)

I turned up to work the next day but was sent home as I still had a sick
note for another week - I had to get another one to over rule it!

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Glad you're better Simon.

Rudi
Old November 26th 09, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex Potter

RudiL wrote on Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:57:28 -0800:

Glad you're better Simon.

+1

--
Regards
Alex

http://www.badphorm.co.uk/
Old November 26th 09, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:27:29 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court, so the whole thing looks like taking 4 months all told. The
actual bone only took four weeks to show that it had healed by X-ray so I
was only off the bike for a month. Quite fast for a 51 year old ;-)

You'll be needing some Marmite, then...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc
GPG public key at http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old November 26th 09, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 26 Nov, 16:27, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court, so the whole thing looks like taking 4 months all told. The
actual bone only took four weeks to show that it had healed by X-ray so I
was only off the bike for a month. Quite fast for a 51 year old ;-)

I turned up to work the next day but was sent home as I still had a sick
note for another week - I had to get another one to over rule it!

Glad to hear it.

My claim, relating to a collision in June, is going nowhere fast.
Can't get the claim going until the criminal prosecution has
finished. CPS is dicking around, and consequently the trial is now
unlikely to be before March. Even when the civil claim is started, we
will have to wait until the full, long-term extent of my injuries is
known before we can settle/go to trial. I've been advised that it
will be at least 3 years after the accident ...
Old November 26th 09, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

"Simon Mason" wrote:

I turned up to work the next day but was sent home as I still had a
sick note for another week - I had to get another one to over rule it!

I turned up at work with my wrist in plaster the day after I broke it,
there was never any risk of being turned away. :-)

Old November 26th 09, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Causer[_3_]

On 26 Nov, 16:27, "Simon Mason" wrote:

I turned up to work the next day but was sent home as I still had a sick
note for another week - I had to get another one to over rule it!

I once turned up at work as quickly as I could after a non-cycling injury,
to be told I was being made redundant. As I was still on crutches for another
month after that "don't hurry back" is my motto now.

Mike
--
Mike Causer
Old November 27th 09, 12:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

wrote:

Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court

Super - as long as you get your "compo"

--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly vizible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)

Old November 27th 09, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:27:18 -0800 (PST), BrianW
wrote:

On 26 Nov, 16:27, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court, so the whole thing looks like taking 4 months all told. The
actual bone only took four weeks to show that it had healed by X-ray so I
was only off the bike for a month. Quite fast for a 51 year old ;-)

I turned up to work the next day but was sent home as I still had a sick
note for another week - I had to get another one to over rule it!

Glad to hear it.

My claim, relating to a collision in June, is going nowhere fast.

had you been drinking?

Do you have a history of drinking?

Old November 27th 09, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_2_]

wrote:

Just got a letter from the CTC solicitor to the effect that the driver who
knocked me off my bike on 19 Sep has admitted full liability and after a
physio examines my shoulder on 5 Jan 10 I should get a payout without it
going to court

Super - as long as you get your "compo"

Ian Jackson claimed that cyclists claiming compensation from drivers was
"making a political statement". Whatever that means.

Mix'n'Match Sugino Compo Crankset and 75 chain-ring? Duncan Smith UK 3 June 13th 07 04:10 PM
another MP/HC update Peter Clinch UK 15 May 20th 07 07:31 PM
update paul jaudon Marketplace 2 November 12th 04 04:27 PM
10 on 7 update anybody? Bruce Lange Techniques 0 August 15th 04 01:37 AM
Update Anthony Sloan Mountain Biking 4 July 28th 03 03:18 PM