Fitz's Challenge

Old September 30th 03, 12:32 PM
djali

Default Fitz's Challenge

Just wondering if anyone is considering doing Fitz's Challenge in
Canberra this year. Any tips for newbies-what are your best times? I
understand Fitz's Hill (2.6 km at 10.4%) is a bit of a killer-what about
the descent going home?

Old September 30th 03, 10:16 PM
Nick Payne

The course has changed this year because the Cotter Bridge is still out
after the bushfires. More details at
http://www.pedalpower.org.au/events/...2003/fitz.html. AFAIK Fitz's
Hill is still in it. According to my altimeter speedo Fitz's Hill is
actually 2.4km at an average gradient of 12.5% with a max gradient of 16%.
But that isn't the steepest part of the course. You can see a graph of
altitude and percent gradient that I took off the speedo after last years
event at http://www.tip.net.au/~njpayne/bikestuff/fitz/.

Nick

Old September 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Rob Woozle

Fitz's Hill is still in.

There are 3 rides that day...

Fitz's challenge is 150km, Tharwa Challenge is 90km and Tanners Challenge is
45km.

Plenty of hills in any of those rides ;-)

More info is available at:
www.pedalpower.org.au/events

Cheers,
Rob

Old October 1st 03, 10:45 PM
thebow

Originally posted by Nick Payne The course has changed this year because
the Cotter Bridge is still out after the bushfires. More details at htt-
p://www.pedalpower.org.au/events/fitz/fitz2003/fitz.htmlhttp://www.peda-
lpower.org.au/events/fitz/fitz2003/fitz.html. AFAIK Fitz's Hill is still
in it. According to my altimeter speedo Fitz's Hill is actually 2.4km at
an average gradient of
12.5% with a max gradient of 16%. But that isn't the steepest part of
the course. You can see a graph of altitude and percent gradient
that I took off the speedo after last years event at http://www.tip-
.net.au/~njpayne/bikestuff/fitz/http://www.tip.net.au/~njpayne/bike-
stuff/fitz/.

Hey that looks like a cool bike computer to generate that sort of
info..what are you using?

Old October 2nd 03, 11:57 AM
Nick Payne

Ciclosport HAC4 Plus.

Old October 2nd 03, 11:57 AM
Nick Payne

Ciclosport HAC4 Plus.

Alpenrose Challenge Mike Murray Racing 0 June 13th 04 04:28 AM
Birthday Challenge in Prentiss, MS completed Animation Unicycling 8 November 12th 03 03:47 PM
[SecMTB] Drifter Magoebaskloof MTB Challenge 2003 - Race Report Johann S. Mountain Biking 3 November 8th 03 04:46 AM