Best Uni- Thats Cheap!

Old October 1st 04, 12:49 AM
ParadoX

Default Best Uni- Thats Cheap!

What is the best uni that money can buy- but it has to be cheap. (In the
$70 range) I think there is a Miyata at my bike store for 70 but is it
worth it? I have no idea which companys are better or best for. Help a
guy out!

-ParadoX

--
ParadoX

-"There is nothing to fear but fear its self."
ParadoX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8015

Old October 1st 04, 02:13 AM
n9jcv

The miyata must be used, I don't believe you can touch a miyata new for
under $150 or more.

I just started and bought a torker lx 24" for $67 on ebay. It is pretty
good. They have torker cx models for less, but the lx has better
components for only slightly more money.

I have only been using it on pavement. If you plan on jumping and Muni,
you may want to spend more to get something better, but to learn and
even ride 10, 20, 30 or more miles, this will do it just fine. I plan
to ride mine about 20 miles a week, once I get better, and I am sure it
will hold up fine.

I can go 300ft without falling so far!!!! yipeeeeee!!!

--
n9jcv
n9jcv's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7844

Old October 1st 04, 01:42 PM
hungfromhooks

the torker LX is a Fantastic unicycle for the money, just make sure you
asemble it correctly.

--
hungfromhooks - uni newbie

Philip Barbosa

people photographer- side show performer - newbie unicyclist

Witness an average man, flesh skewered deeply and imbedded with shark
fishing hooks! Marvel as a mere mortal fueled only by free will...
Ferociosly Pulls, twists, and stretches hooked apendages to transform
the pastey dermal landscape of his own hide and finally ascend to new
heights, literally!" This is NO ILLUSION! What you will see is real...
and remember ladies and gentlemen all this done without the assistance
of his unicycle.
hungfromhooks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6954

Old October 1st 04, 06:49 PM
ParadoX

I see, so in all a torker would a good start out?

--
ParadoX - Unicycling Newbie/Computer Expert