Wiggle won't answer my emails

Old August 20th 04, 08:43 AM
Martin Wilson

Default Wiggle won't answer my emails

I've done about 3 enquiries using their website forms and one direct
email and wiggle have never responded. I basically got a chain off
them without the link for it. I checked the manufacturers site and
they say it comes with one (Connex) http://www.connexchain.com/

However not getting any joy or reply from wiggle. Are they a poor
company? If so which online supplier is recommended for prices and
service?

Looks like I might have to claim off my credit card and steer clear of
them in future.

Annoying when you look on the site as it says "we guarantee that
you'll be satisfied with wiggle!"
Old August 20th 04, 09:32 AM
sdorrity

Martin Wilson Wrote:
I've done about 3 enquiries using their website forms and one direct
email and wiggle have never responded. I basically got a chain off
them without the link for it. I checked the manufacturers site and
they say it comes with one (Connex) http://www.connexchain.com/

However not getting any joy or reply from wiggle. Are they a poor
company? If so which online supplier is recommended for prices and
service?

Looks like I might have to claim off my credit card and steer clear of
them in future.

Annoying when you look on the site as it says "we guarantee that
you'll be satisfied with wiggle!"

I've just had the exact opposite! ordered something at 12:00 with
note about sizing got a reply 12:20, another at 12:43 saying the orde
had been processed, 08:45 next morning it was delivered - and to th
Channel Islands!

Bad luck on your experiences, mine have always been ok.

Regards

Steve

--
sdorrity
Old August 20th 04, 09:52 AM
Velvet

sdorrity wrote:

Martin Wilson Wrote:

I've done about 3 enquiries using their website forms and one direct
email and wiggle have never responded. I basically got a chain off
them without the link for it. I checked the manufacturers site and
they say it comes with one (Connex) http://www.connexchain.com/

However not getting any joy or reply from wiggle. Are they a poor
company? If so which online supplier is recommended for prices and
service?

Looks like I might have to claim off my credit card and steer clear of
them in future.

Annoying when you look on the site as it says "we guarantee that
you'll be satisfied with wiggle!"

I've just had the exact opposite! ordered something at 12:00 with a
note about sizing got a reply 12:20, another at 12:43 saying the order
had been processed, 08:45 next morning it was delivered - and to the
Channel Islands!

Bad luck on your experiences, mine have always been ok.

Regards

Steve D

Mine have always been good, however, if I email them out of working
hours, I tend not to get replies. Email them in working hours and I do.
I assume emails are easier to lose/overlook when amongst the
23987419374 they get sent overnight ;-)

IIRC somewhere on the delivery note/order confirmation is a telephone
number - you could always try talking to someone in person before
setting the CC company on them?

--

Velvet
Old August 20th 04, 10:10 AM
JBB

"Martin Wilson" wrote in message
I've done about 3 enquiries using their website forms and one direct
email and wiggle have never responded. I basically got a chain off
them without the link for it. I checked the manufacturers site and
they say it comes with one (Connex) http://www.connexchain.com/

However not getting any joy or reply from wiggle. Are they a poor
company? If so which online supplier is recommended for prices and
service?

Looks like I might have to claim off my credit card and steer clear of
them in future.

Annoying when you look on the site as it says "we guarantee that
you'll be satisfied with wiggle!"

They forgot to include my free inner tubes in my last order. I emailed them
to and got a response within 24 hours and the
tubes 3 days later. Hopefully your experience is a one-off.

Julia

Old August 20th 04, 10:28 AM
Colin Blackburn

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:10:26 +0000 (UTC), JBB wrote:

"Martin Wilson" wrote in message

Annoying when you look on the site as it says "we guarantee that
you'll be satisfied with wiggle!"

They forgot to include my free inner tubes in my last order. I emailed
them
to and got a response within 24 hours and the
tubes 3 days later. Hopefully your experience is a one-off.

No, I've had a couple of disappointing non-responses from them. They get
round to it after a bit of prodding.

Colin
Old August 20th 04, 10:48 AM
Graeme

"Colin Blackburn" wrote in
news
No, I've had a couple of disappointing non-responses from them. They
get round to it after a bit of prodding.

I think I've spotted the link. They lurk around URC checking out who gives
them a good review and respond quickly to them. Anyone who bad-mouths them
gets the cold shoulder

BTW, in my one and only dealing with them, they were absolutely wonderful
(not that the free sweeties had any influence on my opinion)

Graeme
Old August 20th 04, 10:51 AM
Colin Blackburn

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:48:52 GMT, Graeme
wrote:

"Colin Blackburn" wrote in
news
No, I've had a couple of disappointing non-responses from them. They
get round to it after a bit of prodding.

I think I've spotted the link. They lurk around URC checking out who
gives
them a good review and respond quickly to them. Anyone who bad-mouths
them
gets the cold shoulder

BTW, in my one and only dealing with them, they were absolutely wonderful
(not that the free sweeties had any influence on my opinion)

I should also add, just in case, that the vast majority of my dealings
with wiggle have been perfect.

Colin
Old August 20th 04, 11:22 AM
Pete Biggs

Martin Wilson wrote:
I've done about 3 enquiries using their website forms and one direct
email and wiggle have never responded. I basically got a chain off
them without the link for it. I checked the manufacturers site and
they say it comes with one (Connex) http://www.connexchain.com/

However not getting any joy or reply from wiggle. Are they a poor
company?

No, they're not a poor company. In fact they're the best in terms of
having lots of stuff, having or obtaining what they advertise and shipping
it very quickly. However, they can be funny about answering emails
sometimes, especially technical ones.

Try again, addressing your message to "The Manager", or phone or
snail-mail. If you can't get the link from Wiggle or cheaply elsewhere,
you could return the chain for a refund (and you will get it).

If so which online supplier is recommended for prices and
service?

Depends what you want each time. Also check out Chain Reaction, Parker
International and Settle Cycles.

~PB

Old August 20th 04, 11:57 AM
Martin Wilson

BTW, in my one and only dealing with them, they were absolutely wonderful
(not that the free sweeties had any influence on my opinion)

I should also add, just in case, that the vast majority of my dealings
with wiggle have been perfect.

Colin

I got a cheap workstand off them. It was rubbish to be honest. Very
poorly welded and falling apart. So bad in fact that they'd stopped
doing them and perhaps I got the last one which was the worst of the
worst. Anyway sent back and they were very prompt indeed at getting a
better stand to me (which I paid the extra money for) and crediting my
card with about £3 which was due to me because of the postage amount
sending back. No problems there and in fact excellent service.

I got a Tacx trainer system from them for about £90 but the main screw
that came with it was malformed and I had to take it to work to grind
the end so it would fit in the trainer to secure the fan/friction
assembly bit. Wished I'd just complained and let them deal with that
to instead of sorting it myself and saving them trouble. It was part
of the same order as the chain.

I must admit I'm a little annoyed with Wiggle as the chain came in a
tatty box and I can't help wondering if someone nicked the link in the
past perhaps to sort another chain out plus its something else that
went out of stock as soon as I bought mine which again hints to me
that it was the very last item of its kind in the store (old stock
that has been around a while). Also the original workstand I ordered
was definitely the worst for wear. It was already partly assembled
(badly) with the plastic end cap broken with about 1 /10th of the disc
surface missing. Some of the stuff received from them hasn't been
pristine to say the least. Still not as bad as Parkers of Bolton where
I got a bicycle lock and believe it or not there was green paint
splashed on it but I think they admitted it was bankrupt stock and
hadn't been stored very well which explained it.

Bike companies I've dealt with;

Probike kit (no problems so no customer service history)
Sterling House (was going to buy a tool kit from them but then found
out probike kit was cheaper and cancelled, very messy procedure in
cancelling but was achieved ok)
Wiggle (you've already read that info)
Parkers of Bolton (got my Pagan Arrow bike from them and a few other
items, they sorted out a couple of problems slowly but fairly but they
are renowned box shifters so probably better than expected)

Years ago I got everything I needed bike related all from the same
store 'Yeovil Cycle Centre' and it was a friendly likable shop but now
its the TRIUK shop and eight times as big and probably 10x more
fashionable but its a pretty charmless place with very poor pricing.

Old August 20th 04, 12:16 PM
Toby Douglass

I've done about 3 enquiries using their website forms and one direct
email and wiggle have never responded. I basically got a chain off
them without the link for it. I checked the manufacturers site and
they say it comes with one (Connex)
http://www.connexchain.com/

However not getting any joy or reply from wiggle. Are they a poor
company? If so which online supplier is recommended for prices and
service?

Wiggle have never given me problems and, AFAIK, have a decent
reputation.

It is concievable that your emails are being stopped by an email filter,
somewhere, so they're simply not arriving - or perhaps their emails to
you are not arriving. Try phoning them.

--
Toby

Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves DRS General 4 May 17th 04 01:16 AM
Wiggle navigation Colin Blackburn UK 3 April 23rd 04 01:02 PM
Wiggle do it again. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 24 March 20th 04 11:21 PM
Wiggle head honcho (was Wiggle delivery) Chris Heys UK 5 December 9th 03 07:23 PM
Wiggle wine gums.. Dave UK 25 October 2nd 03 12:29 PM