Cyclocomputers: a dumb comment.

Old September 29th 04, 08:15 AM
Artur Yelchishchev

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:07:11 GMT, Michael wrote:

RonSonic wrote:
(snip)
Yeah, there's a processor. Does that really make it a computer.

(snip)

IBM developed and marketed "processors", what the rest of the world
called as computers.

Are you sure? In fact, the very first IBM's "consumer-market" thingie
was called IBM PC - or, in other words, Personal Computer! :-)

By the way, in Russian language we're still calling device for
measuring bicycle speed "speedometer"...

Cheers,
Artur
Old September 29th 04, 03:32 PM
Wannabe Ironman

As a big fan of HP calculators until the monstrosity that is the hp49,
I must say: Are you sure about that?

Don't go dissin' the pimp HP-49. I only bought one because they quit
making the HP-48GX, and I like it a lot. Too bad they quit making
calculators altogether... insert frownie emoticon here.

Matt

More cowbell + /_\
Old September 29th 04, 06:50 PM
Weisse Luft

My Polar S720i has a 9600 baud IR transceiver which conforms to the IRD
standard. Show me a "speedometer" with that function.

It also has a bit of memory as it can store 99 hours of exercise dat
and compute the power from chain tension and speed. And ALL inpu
sensors (cadence, speed, chain speed and chain tension) communicat
through 2 conductors so the system is probably 2 computers

--
Weisse Luft

Old September 29th 04, 07:09 PM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:50:47 +1000, Weisse Luft
wrote:

My Polar S720i has a 9600 baud IR transceiver which conforms to the IRDA
standard. Show me a "speedometer" with that function.

It also has a bit of memory as it can store 99 hours of exercise data
and compute the power from chain tension and speed. And ALL input
sensors (cadence, speed, chain speed and chain tension) communicate
through 2 conductors so the system is probably 2 computers.

Dear Weisse,

Did it store the data from that high-speed downhill ride
that you were going to post a few weeks ago?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

or

http://tinyurl.com/6bkcr

Carl Fogel
Old September 29th 04, 10:01 PM

wrote:

My Polar S720i has a 9600 baud IR transceiver which conforms to the

IRDA
standard. Show me a "speedometer" with that function.

It also has a bit of memory as it can store 99 hours of exercise data
and compute the power from chain tension and speed. And ALL input
sensors (cadence, speed, chain speed and chain tension) communicate
through 2 conductors so the system is probably 2 computers.

Dear Weisse,

Did it store the data from that high-speed downhill ride
that you were going to post a few weeks ago?

http://tinyurl.com/6bkcr

or

http://tinyurl.com/6bkcr

Carl Fogel

Not yet...I have a broken rib from a dog encounter while off-roading on
the Scapel I've been riding but at normal velocities on level
pavement.

Dear Weisse,

Ouch!

Sorry to hear this, but glad that it was no worse.

Carl Fogel

cute comment Rowan Unicycling 114 December 17th 04 08:06 AM
Dumb question the black rose General 12 October 19th 04 09:37 PM
Dumb Newbie Qs on Gears and Speed Elisa Francesca Roselli General 14 July 27th 03 08:23 PM