MR11 bulb base type on a Sigma Mirage Evo X light system

Old November 10th 05, 10:13 AM
Domagoj Malovic

Default MR11 bulb base type on a Sigma Mirage Evo X light system

Hi!

I recently purchased a Sigma Mirage Evo X system, wanting to convert it from
a default 6V to a cheaper (halogen bulb wise) 12V system. The bulb inside
the Mirage is a MR11 halogen, running at 6V, 10W. When I compared it to the
normal 12V 10W MR11 halogen bulbs, it seems that the outer diameter of the
reflector is the same, but the Sigma version of the bulb has thinner pins at
the base (2 of them), and it looks to be shorter verticaly? The bulb mark is
Philips 6111.

Where can I get such lamps, and what base is it?

Thanks for your help

Old November 10th 05, 06:30 PM
Cliff

Default MR11 bulb

Try Home Depot/Lowes or the like. MR11 is a standard landscape
lighting bulb. I used two different beam widths of the MR11 in
building my own 12V system. Not aware of the 'thinner wire' version,
but I'd think they'd have one that works. Probably even have the
Phillips brand.

Old November 10th 05, 07:28 PM
Domagoj Malovic

I just hope Philips didn't make a custom bulb just for Sigma. I cannot
believe it would make sense to modify the manufactring process for not so
many bulbs. At least I hope they didn't. The question still remains if that
is a special subversion of an MR11. I checked the bulb bases
(good link http://www.bulbdirect.com/store.asp?...68&catid=19590)
and it seems there are several types of the G4 (4 mm between pins) bases?

Hopefuly someone on this group knows more about it.

Thanks,

Domi

oups.com...