Dukinfield teen died in BMX horror day after final A-level exams

Old October 17th 11, 03:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Dukinfield teen died in BMX horror day after final A-level exams

On Oct 17, 5:05*am, VtSkier wrote:
On 10/16/2011 11:36 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Oct 16, 2:56 pm, *wrote:
On 10/14/2011 10:32 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Oct 14, 10:35 am, * *wrote:
On 10/14/2011 12:12 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...556_dukinfield...

Dukinfield teen died in BMX horror day after final A-level exams

Lisa Gray

October 12, 2011
INSPIRATIONAL ... Jamie Helme-Sagar at his school prom (photo
caption)

A teenager died after falling from his bike on a BMX track, the day
after his final A level exam.

James Ryan Helme-Sagar, 17, visited the track from his Dukinfield home
in June 2010.

He lost control on a jump and fell over his mountain bike’s
handlebars, suffering head injuries.

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey:
Many sports are dangerous, even carrying a brush cutting
saw in the woods.

The question is, why are you posting this? This has NOTHING
to do with mountain biking on hiking trails. BMX, like
motorcross on which it's modeled, uses prepared circuit
tracks with spectator areas. Even the bicycles used
are very different from mountain bikes.- Hide quoted text -

"He lost control on a jump and fell over his mountain bike’s
handlebars, suffering head injuries."

Learn to read. And try telling the truth once in a while, just for the
hell of it.

I can read just fine Mikey. I can read "falling from
his bike on a BMX track," as well as you can. I, and
others here, have ad nauseum pointed out that the
2-wheeled equipment you are riding has little to
nothing to do with how you are using it. And if I
were to further critique the article, I'd say that
the reporter got it wrong. Mountain bikes just don't
do well on BMX tracks.- Hide quoted text -

He died while riding a bike off-road. That's called "mountain biking".
The type of bike is irrelevant, as you well know. You are truly a
moron, and a dishonest one. Like ALL mountain bikers.

You are a lying sack of ****. You are splitting hairs and
arguing minutiae to the joy of St. Augustine.

You contradicted yourself within a space of two lines! First you said
I was lying, then you said I was splitting hairs. You can't have it
both ways! Actually, I did neither.

In a previous post you tried to tell me that a person is
engaged in "mountain biking" BECAUSE he is riding a
"mountain bike". Even in Queens. Please excuse me while
I reset my Irony Meter. You just broke the dial on me.

The bike is irrelevant. Riding a bike off-road is mountain biking, as
we all know. You are just too dishonest to admit it!

And yes, the type of bike is irrelevant and WHERE you
ride is the ONLY thing. AND a BMX track is NOT a
trail in the woods with little fuzzy things scampering
to get out of your way.

That's irrelevant. ALL natural surfaces are potential or actual
wildlife habitat. You wouldn't know about that.

If you would stick to your campaign of keeping people
on/in wheeled vehicles off hiking trails in the
wilderness as your buddy Ed Dolan says is your
campaign and passion, you might actually find some
support.

Not form mountain bikers. That have never seen a hiking trail they
didn't want to ride on, because they are too lazy to walk, like
everyone else.

This way with your lies and ignorance
all you get is derision and scorn. And all you will
get from me.

And LIES. You conveniently forgot about your lies. You are a
disgusting excuse for a human being.
Old October 17th 11, 07:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bob Berger[_2_]

In article ,
Mike Vandeman says...

On Oct 14, 10:35 am, =A0wrote:
On 10/14/2011 12:12 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...6_dukinfield.=

..

Dukinfield teen died in BMX horror day after final A-level exams

Lisa Gray

October 12, 2011
INSPIRATIONAL ... Jamie Helme-Sagar at his school prom (photo
caption)

A teenager died after falling from his bike on a BMX track, the day
after his final A level exam.

James Ryan Helme-Sagar, 17, visited the track from his Dukinfield hom=

in June 2010.

He lost control on a jump and fell over his mountain bike=92s
[...]

Riding a bike on Guam's Pacific Ocean beach is called mountain biking?

Old October 17th 11, 11:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Oct 14, 10:35 am, =A0wrote:
[...]

Yes, of course. It was never about the mountains, but about abusing
nature, wherever it is found.

The type of bike is irrelevant, as you well know. You are truly a
moron, and a dishonest one. Like ALL mountain bikers.- Hide quoted text -

Old October 18th 11, 01:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"VtSkier" wrote in message
[...]
If you would stick to your campaign of keeping people
on/in wheeled vehicles off hiking trails in the
wilderness as your buddy Ed Dolan says is your
campaign and passion, you might actually find some
support. This way with your lies and ignorance
all you get is derision and scorn. And all you will
get from me.

Mr. Vandeman is a purist and I am not. We need both types.

But let's take a look at where you are coming from. I once lived in Vermont
and know well how that state caters to rich tourists from nearby states. The
skiing scene is one that is rampant with elites and snobs. Wm. F. Buckley
once tried to make the argument that conservative are just naturally in
favor of conserving nature. Alas, he got nowhere with that argument.
Conservatives frankly are not good at conserving much of anything except
their own wealth. I say this with some sorrow since I am a conservative
myself.

Vermont is only so-so at conserving its rich mountain heritage. All those
damn ski resorts are a scar on mother nature. I enjoyed Vermont just fine
and never bothered with any skiing. The only type of skiing I ever respected
was cross-country skiing. Which are you - downhill or cross-country?

Mr. Vandeman does not deserve your derision and scorn. He is a lone
individual fighting the trends of our time. I consider him more a prophet
than anything else. Alas, we all know how prophets have fared down through
history.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 19th 11, 04:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak 44

On Oct 14, 10:35 am, *wrote:
[...]

You were in jail, that makes you a criminal.
Old October 19th 11, 05:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Kayak 44" wrote in message
[...]
You were in jail, that makes you a criminal.

You are a mountain biker, that makes you an asshole!

Old October 20th 11, 12:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bob Berger[_2_]

In article ,
Mike Vandeman says...

On Oct 17, 11:35=A0am, Bob Berger wrote:
In article =

.com,
Mike Vandeman says...

On Oct 14, 10:35 am, =3DA0wrote:
On 10/14/2011 12:12 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...1556_dukinfie=

ld.=3D
..

Dukinfield teen died in BMX horror day after final A-level exams

Lisa Gray

October 12, 2011
INSPIRATIONAL ... Jamie Helme-Sagar at his school prom (photo
caption)

A teenager died after falling from his bike on a BMX track, the da=

after his final A level exam.

James Ryan Helme-Sagar, 17, visited the track from his Dukinfield =

hom=3D
in June 2010.

He lost control on a jump and fell over his mountain bike=3D92s
[...]

Okay, we've eliminated the word "mountain" from your definition of the term
"mountain biking"; let's see if we can eliminate reference to bikes as well.

Would pogo-sticking across the wilds of Death Valley fit your definition of
mountain biking?

And relative to "abusing nature", do you consider hiking cross country (or on a
trail) through a natural area thereby squashing ants, beetles, spiders, and/or
other creepy-crawlies to be abusing nature?

And how about those villains with their hand-saws who in the name of trail
maintenance murder the bushes and other native flora that try to reestablish
themselves on those trails? Are they "abusing nature"?

-

Old October 20th 11, 04:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak 44

On Oct 19, 12:52*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Kayak 44" wrote in message

[...]

You were in jail, that makes you a criminal.

You are a mountain biker, that makes you an asshole!

I don't own a mountain bike, tard.

Old October 20th 11, 07:34 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Kayak 44" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 12:52 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]

What does that matter you god damn ****head, you defend them.

Old October 20th 11, 07:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Oct 14, 10:35 am, *wrote:
[...]

No, it doesn't. I was in jail BEFORE conviction. DUH!