Interbike Pics

Old October 14th 03, 12:36 PM
sabine

Default Interbike Pics

are being posted daily (or rather, nightly) he
http://www.pbase.com/sdukes/interbike_2003

be forewarned, its sort of girly.

Sabine
Old October 14th 03, 02:34 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 14 Oct 2003 04:36:45 -0700, (sabine) wrote:

are being posted daily (or rather, nightly) he
http://www.pbase.com/sdukes/interbike_2003

be forewarned, its sort of girly.

http://www.pbase.com/image/22293139

Tyler to his wife: "But honey, they said they were licensed
chiropractors."

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old October 14th 03, 05:56 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"sabine" wrote in message
m...
are being posted daily (or rather, nightly) he
http://www.pbase.com/sdukes/interbike_2003

be forewarned, its sort of girly.

Dumbass -

You should know better than to forewarn - men like gawking at photos of
hotties. If there was a forewarning of anything, it should have been that
Tyler's mug was in the photo.

Old October 15th 03, 04:21 AM
Mack Mad

"sabine" wrote in message
m...
are being posted daily (or rather, nightly) he
http://www.pbase.com/sdukes/interbike_2003

be forewarned, its sort of girly.

Sabine

Besides the hotties, did anyone see this?

http://www.pbase.com/image/22198701

Anybody got a clue why spokes laceed to the center of the hub would have any
benefit whatsoever?

Old October 15th 03, 06:04 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"Mack Mad" wrote:

Besides the hotties, did anyone see this?

http://www.pbase.com/image/22198701

Anybody got a clue why spokes laceed to the center of the hub would have any
benefit whatsoever?

Here's the story, if you roll down to where it says "Another innovate..."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2003...=eicma/default

--
tanx,
Howard

"We've reached a higher spiritual plane, that is so high I can't explain
We tell jokes to make you laugh, we play sports so we don't get fat..."
The Dictators

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old October 15th 03, 03:57 PM
Bob Schwartz

Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
"Mack Mad" wrote:

Besides the hotties, did anyone see this?

http://www.pbase.com/image/22198701

Anybody got a clue why spokes laceed to the center of the hub would have any
benefit whatsoever?

Here's the story, if you roll down to where it says "Another innovate..."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2003...=eicma/default

After reading the story I still have no clue why spokes laced to the center
of the hub have any benefit whatsoever. The stated benefits are aerodynamics
and power tranfer which seem to me to be total horse****. Adding a 3rd plane
of spokes ought to make the aerodynamics *WORSE*.

And while I am sure there are people here that are much better versed in
where power losses occur on a bicycle, I'm pretty sure that the spokes are
not one of the major sinks. And even if they were, how would center spokes
make any difference? I get nervous when I see the number of spokes drop too
low because that means each one becomes more critical and causes more of a
problem in cases of failure. These wheels have only 6 spokes on the sides.
If someone sticks a pedal in your wheel the likehood of hitting the deck
seems a certainty. A single broken spoke means you are screwed.

I bet Jobst will have a field day with these.

Bob Schwartz

Old October 15th 03, 04:08 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
"Mack Mad" wrote:

Besides the hotties, did anyone see this?

http://www.pbase.com/image/22198701

Anybody got a clue why spokes laceed to the center of the hub would have

any
benefit whatsoever?

Here's the story, if you roll down to where it says "Another

innovate..."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2003...=eicma/default

After reading the story I still have no clue why spokes laced to the center
of the hub have any benefit whatsoever. The stated benefits are

aerodynamics
and power tranfer which seem to me to be total horse****. Adding a 3rd

plane
of spokes ought to make the aerodynamics *WORSE*.

snip

That is a possibility, but given the unpredictability of the fluid dynamics,
there is no way to tell whether they are better or worse without a wind
tunnel test.

Agreed on the power transfer.

Old October 15th 03, 04:51 PM
sabine

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message .net...

Dumbass -

You should know better than to forewarn - men like gawking at photos of
hotties. If there was a forewarning of anything, it should have been that
Tyler's mug was in the photo.

Really? Gosh I had no idea that writing it that way could lead to more
hits on the site.

Sabine
Old October 15th 03, 04:57 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
"Mack Mad" wrote:

[...]

You're missing the point. As with curvy seatstays, split chainstays and so
many other recent "innovations", the primary advantage of tri-flange wheels
is that they are immediately recognizable in the bunch as the Next Thing,
thus inspiring gadget lust and it's primary symptom, wallet-empting. Forget
that they will by design be heavier and less stiff laterally than a wheel
with an equal number of spokes but without the extra flange; it's all about
jobs (as distinguished from Jobst)... ;-)

SB

PS - a belated thanks to Sabine for posting the pics. Must admit that new
Kestrel Evoke is cool-looking in a Post-Industrial, Transformer sort of way.

Old October 15th 03, 05:55 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"sabine" wrote in message
m...
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in

message .net...

Dumbass -

You should know better than to forewarn - men like gawking at photos of
hotties. If there was a forewarning of anything, it should have been that
Tyler's mug was in the photo.

Really? Gosh I had no idea that writing it that way could lead to more
hits on the site.

Dumbass -

ya, I can be dense sometimes.