Raleigh Matterhorn comments?

Old April 23rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Raleigh Matterhorn comments?

Looking for any reviews/comments/experience/whatever on Raleigh's Matterhorn
(2005?). Currently available for $220(cdn) so it's a little tempting.

....or current Raleigh's in general I guess. I'll assume quality from others
transfers down the line to the Matterhorn too.

Been thinking of getting back into mountain biking. I had a knee injury a
few years ago that took all the fun out of it. Would be mostly for street
and trail use. High speeds but probably wouldn't leave the ground. A
little concerned about my weight on it though... anywhere between 250 and
300 pounds.

Had a 98 Nishiki Colorado before the injury that lasted through everything I
threw at it. Only problem was the stock crankset sucked... and the cheap
plastic pedals got replaced in the first week for some really nice bmx
pedals.

Matterhorn specs are as follows...

Frame
O/S Hi-ten MTB tubing

Fork
LC151 suspension

Headset
CH-71 25.4 9 piece

Chainset
Vuelta YS101 w/guard 48/38/28 170mm

Gears:
Frt Shimano Tourney
Rr Shimano TX30

Shifters
Shimano Revo Shift

Freewheel
14/28 7 spd

Brakes
Frt TX-115C linear pull
Rr TX-115C linear pull

Levers
Alloy Black

Hubs
Frt 36h QR
Rr 36h nutted

Rims
VP-20 36h alloy
VP-20 36h alloy

Tires
Frt Kenda K-898 26 x 1.95
Rr Kenda K-898 26 x 1.95

Stem
100mm Black

Bar
620 x 30mm semi-rise

Grips
Co-Union PVC

Saddle
Selle Royal Softfit

Seat Post
25.8 X 250mm Black

Pedals
Wellgo w/Boron axle

Colour
Red/Black

Sizes
22, 20, 18"M, 16, 14"M, 18.5"L 13" Boys

Speeds
21 speed

Old April 24th 06, 08:10 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"shady" wrote...
Looking for any reviews/comments/experience/whatever on Raleigh's
Matterhorn (2005?). Currently available for $220(cdn) so it's a little
tempting.

On the other hand, the Tomahawk is looking good too.

Any comments on either???