Are helmets saving lives?

Old February 18th 12, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Default Are helmets saving lives?

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Risk compensation, or risk homeostasis.
Holy crap, an example of risk homeostasis that
_doesn't_ involve helmets!

That sounds gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Old February 18th 12, 09:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

dave a wrote:
Davey Crockett wrote:
| Blackwater changed it's name to Xe-Services
| Monsanto bought Xe out Lock, Stock and Barrel
| Gates increased his holdings in Monsanto from "Minor" to "Significant"
| What does Gates need with a Private Army?

Straight load of bull**** is more like it. Try getting your information
from reliable sources.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...C-Holdings-LLC

Sounds like the opposite of Monstanto:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/12/will-blackwater-go-vegan-after-sale-to-hippy-firm/

Perhaps its Hillary who's behind it all:
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/tag/ustc-holdings/

Old February 18th 12, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ningi[_2_]

On 17/02/2012 17:30, atriage wrote:
On 17/02/2012 16:35, Davey Crockett wrote:
Davey Crockett
**** Micro$oft
Use Gnu/Linux
Use Apple

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You cannot be ****ing serious...APPLE...teh arch exploiters of the poor
and oppressed!

Nah, Apple are the exploiters of the rich and gullible

Pete
Old February 19th 12, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Ridesalot

On Feb 16, 6:08*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/blog...e/6409714/Will...

Article answer: probably not, and a pox on Rebecca Oaten for
stubbornly clinging to her support of the NZ helmet law she advocated
into enactment, despite evidence its main effect was to convince NZers
to stop riding bicycles.

Counterpoint: the law is working as intended.

Hi there.

This is a bit ridiculous but:

Well, if legislated mandatory use of helmets results in fewer
bicyclists, as some say is the case, one could say that helmets save
lives. Unfortunately those non-bicyclist probably then use a higher
risk form of transportation.

The way I figure it is that sometimes a helmet is good and sometimes
it's bad. It depends on the kind of riding one does and the speeds one
rides at.

I'm sure the debate or war will be raging long after we've all gone to
that great bicycling mecca in the sky.

Cheers
Old February 19th 12, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

I think all religious people should wear condoms.....over their
heads.

The biggest and best bicyclist/accident study ever: helmets saved lives Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 50 November 4th 11 06:23 PM
saving himself ? Andre Racing 5 April 6th 06 09:23 PM
Great Saving XvX Marketplace 0 July 15th 05 06:37 PM
Helmets helmets helmets and weird heads Tamyka Bell Australia 3 November 30th 04 11:25 AM
Law on cycle helmets 'would save lives' Mucco UK 14 May 18th 04 12:52 PM