Giro road helmets

Old July 25th 03, 03:52 PM
Marvin Martian

Default Giro road helmets

Peter

Thanks for the info. Just placed an order for it. By the way did you have to
fax ID details to them after the order confirmation or they shipped it
regardless you sent the fax or not?

Thanks again

"Peter" wrote in message
Marvin,

I got mine from BikeSmart.com in California. $US130.00 plus postage of
course. I had an older Giro so I just used the same size when ordering.

Peter

"Marvin Martian" wrote in message
u...
Yeah looks like it might be that way and get one from US

Do you remember the website from which you got yours from? It would be

great
if you can post it here.

Only worry is the right fit when I order and hope it fits when I get it

Thanks

Peter

"Peter" wrote in message
I understand that there is a problem with Giro meeting Australian

safety
standards at the moment. The helmets were due to be imported by the
Melbourne based company Pacific Brands but their website makes no

mention
of
Giro.
Do what I did and get one from the USA on the net.

Peter

"Marvin Martian" wrote in message
u...
Im kinda looking for the Giro Pneumo road helmet in Melbourne. They

were
around last year in most bike shops but wasn't in the market for

one
then.
Just my luck when I am thinking of replacing my current one, I can't

find
any bike shops that stock them. Not one Giro helmets in sight. All I

can
see
are MET helmets.

Does anyone know a bike shop in Melbourne that still sells Giro road
helmets
or have they pulled the plug on Australia??

Old July 26th 03, 12:48 AM
Peter

Marvin,

BikeSmart sent the helmet on the basis of my credit card details. No further
info was required.

Old July 28th 03, 06:40 AM
Shabby

Mick D wrote:
Do what I did and get one from the USA on the net.

Which will not be an Australian standard helmet and you could indeed
lose any claim to insurance for personal accident should you have one.
Don't want to be a negative person but that's the reality.

Also, you might wish to consider the fact that you could be stopped from
racing if the officials noticed your helmet wasn't an approved one.

Old July 28th 03, 08:55 PM
Richard Sherratt

On 28 Jul 2003 15:30:38 +0950, Shabby
wrote:

Mick D wrote:
Do what I did and get one from the USA on the net.

Which will not be an Australian standard helmet and you could indeed
lose any claim to insurance for personal accident should you have one.
Don't want to be a negative person but that's the reality.

Also, you might wish to consider the fact that you could be stopped from
racing if the officials noticed your helmet wasn't an approved one.

I checked when I bought my pneumo. It's approved for racing (in Vic at
least), but not for recreational riding.

It's approved by the federal government because they recognise the
American standard. It's not approved by some/all? state governments
because they haven't got around to recognising the American standard.
It costs something like $30,000 per size to get a helmet tested for
the Australian standard.

Regards,
Richard.

Old August 12th 03, 11:23 AM
martin schindl

Marvin Martian wrote:
Im kinda looking for the Giro Pneumo road helmet in Melbourne. They were
around last year in most bike shops but wasn't in the market for one
then. Just my luck when I am thinking of replacing my current one, I
can't find any bike shops that stock them. Not one Giro helmets in
sight. All I can see are MET helmets.
Does anyone know a bike shop in Melbourne that still sells Giro road
helmets or have they pulled the plug on Australia??

Cycle Science in Glen Waverley has them.