New KH rim vs old KH rim?

Old March 22nd 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default New KH rim vs old KH rim?

Which is stronger:
'KH 2007 rim' (http://tinyurl.com/ys3mxe)
'old hole-less KH rim' (http://tinyurl.com/2ndc5d)

thanks

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old March 22nd 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

thejdw wrote:
I'm just a bit concened that those holes will make it weaker lol

I bent my nimbus rim off of a big gap... its just like the old one
I havn't tried the new one, but it sounds pretty freaking strong.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old March 22nd 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

skrobo wrote:
I bent my nimbus rim off of a big gap... its just like the old one
I havn't tried the new one, but it sounds pretty freaking strong.

How are the 24" nimbus rims?

Edit: hang on I just broke a nimbus rim! Ignor the obove queston

--
thejdw

Old March 22nd 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

thejdw wrote:
How are the 24" nimbus rims?

Edit: hang on I just broke a nimbus rim! Ignor the obove queston

lol
i tacoed a 19" double walled 48 spoke rim called a nimbus rim.

Old March 22nd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

skrobo wrote:
lol
i tacoed a 19" double walled 48 spoke rim called a nimbus rim.

I smell desighn falts
(either that or a big sign saying:
don't go big or this product will bend)

--
thejdw

Old March 22nd 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

As far as i know Nimbus rims are like the old KH rims

The KH 07 is (in my opinion) the best rim out there right now. I took
mine off several big sets and i ride with a pretty low preasure and my
rim is still in a very good condition.

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)

amanda.gallacher wrote:
i thought you couldnt even unicycle

Brian MacKenzie wrote:

DustinSchaap wrote:
Mmm, then why did Amanda tell me I smelled?

Maybe she wanted you to buy her a drink?

Smilymarco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4110

Old March 22nd 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

thejdw wrote:
I smell desighn falts
(either that or a big sign saying:
don't go big or this product will bend)

lol
naw, i landed on top of the uni sideways (HUGE bail) and was very much
surprised that the seatpost wasn't snapped off, or frame bent. spokes
were nice and tight too
still rideable though. i straightened it A LOT!

Old March 22nd 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

skrobo wrote:
lol
naw, i landed on top of the uni sideways (HUGE bail) and was very much
surprised that the seatpost wasn't snapped off, or frame bent. spokes
were nice and tight too
still rideable though. i straightened it A LOT!

I just did a 1.5 foot on to a grassy slope lol

edit: I'll try to straighten mine but then I will only be able to ride
coz it will bend if I drop it again?

--
thejdw

Old March 22nd 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Fyi, If you are looking for rim options look into bike rims, there are
more options.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367