ulrich found guilty of doping results since may 2005 annulled

Old February 9th 12, 11:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

Default ulrich found guilty of doping results since may 2005 annulled

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/u...wComments=true
Old February 9th 12, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 9, 4:40*am, raamman wrote:
http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/u...of-doping-1.12...

Looks like each placing in any past UCI event will now need to be
edited to include an asterisk with the qualification "still pending
CAS review."

Maybe the time has also come to end the ritual of assigning an order
to racers based upon something as inconclusive as finish time and go
right to the legal proceedings.

DR
Old February 9th 12, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Feb 9, 7:21*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Feb 9, 4:40*am, raamman wrote:

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/u...of-doping-1.12...

Looks like each placing in any past UCI event will now need to be
edited to include an asterisk with the qualification "still pending
CAS review."

Maybe the time has also come to end the ritual of assigning an order
to racers based upon something as inconclusive as finish time and go
right to the legal proceedings.

DR

so, we'll see the legal representatives of the riders taking the
podium then
Old February 9th 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/9/2012 6:21 AM, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Feb 9, 4:40 am, wrote:
http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/u...of-doping-1.12...

Looks like each placing in any past UCI event will now need to be
edited to include an asterisk with the qualification "still pending
CAS review."

Maybe the time has also come to end the ritual of assigning an order
to racers based upon something as inconclusive as finish time and go
right to the legal proceedings.

DR

I remember seeing a picture of a past NFL championship game, the
play where the winning touchdown was scored. In the picture one
of the players on the winning team is clearly shown committing a
foul which the officials missed. But a penalty should have been
called and the winning touchdown called back.

This business of race finishes being malleable more than a decade
after the fact is evidence that it is time to call in an air
strike on the UCI headquarters in Lausanne. We are lucky that
cycling is the only sport they are allowed to screw up.

Old February 9th 12, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 9, 4:40*am, raamman wrote:

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/cycling/u...of-doping-1.12....

Looks like each placing in any past UCI event will now need to be
edited to include an asterisk with the qualification "still pending
CAS review."

Maybe the time has also come to end the ritual of assigning an order
to racers based upon something as inconclusive as finish time and go
right to the legal proceedings.

DR

so, we'll see the legal representatives of the riders taking the
podium then

Only after peeing in a cup.
DR
Old February 9th 12, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 9, 4:40 am, *wrote:
[...]

Don't be silly. They give Poulidor fans hope that he will yet get the
all time record for the 8 or so TdF victories that he deserves.
But it gets complicated, I'm not sure how we factor in virtual wins by
those who did not compete in any given year.

DR
Old February 9th 12, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
tritonrider

On Feb 9, 11:15*am, DirtRoadie wrote:

Don't be silly. They give Poulidor fans hope that he will yet get the
all time record for the 8 or so TdF victories that he deserves.
But it gets complicated, I'm not sure how we factor in virtual wins by
those who did not compete in any given year.

DR

Yup "Go Big or Go Home" Merckx is next and that's a slam dunk. Gonna
be a slim record book after they remove all the "pot belge" folks from
the books.
Starting to look like, other than Lance, that I heard they doped,
somewhere, sometime, and they can't prove they didn't, ever is enough
for a guilty.
Once again the more money you have the more you can get away with.
Better lawyers, pr flaks, chemists, etc...
Bill C
Old February 9th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Feb 9, 4:40 am, *wrote:
[...]

In horse race betting, there is a 'first past the post" option, so no
matter what infractions happened, the finishing order remains the
same.
Maybe we should do the same in bike racing.
Phil H
Old February 9th 12, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred

DirtRoadie wrote:
Don't be silly. They give Poulidor fans hope that he will yet get the
all time record for the 8 or so TdF victories that he deserves.
But it gets complicated, I'm not sure how we factor in virtual wins by
those who did not compete in any given year.

Fortunately Kafka never thought of it first.
Old February 10th 12, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 9, 11:52*am, tritonrider wrote:
On Feb 9, 11:15*am, DirtRoadie wrote:

Don't be silly. They give Poulidor fans hope that he will yet get the
all time record for the 8 or so TdF victories that he deserves.
But it gets complicated, I'm not sure how we factor in virtual wins by
those who did not compete in any given year.

DR

Yup "Go Big or Go Home" Merckx is next and that's a slam dunk. Gonna
be a slim record book after they remove all the "pot belge" folks from
the books.
*Starting to look like, other than Lance, that I heard they doped,
somewhere, sometime, and they can't prove they didn't, ever is enough
for a guilty.
*Once again the more money you have the more you can get away with.
Better lawyers, pr flaks, chemists, etc...

My great fear is that, upon suspicion alone (and disregarding any
issues of jurisdiction), they will even posthumously revoke the _name_
of "Mile-a-Minute-Murphy."

DR