Giro road helmets

Old July 25th 03, 06:34 AM
Marvin Martian

Default Giro road helmets

Im kinda looking for the Giro Pneumo road helmet in Melbourne. They were
around last year in most bike shops but wasn't in the market for one then.
Just my luck when I am thinking of replacing my current one, I can't find
any bike shops that stock them. Not one Giro helmets in sight. All I can see
are MET helmets.

Does anyone know a bike shop in Melbourne that still sells Giro road helmets
or have they pulled the plug on Australia??

Old July 25th 03, 06:56 AM
Peter

I understand that there is a problem with Giro meeting Australian safety
standards at the moment. The helmets were due to be imported by the
Melbourne based company Pacific Brands but their website makes no mention of
Giro.
Do what I did and get one from the USA on the net.

Peter

u...

Old July 25th 03, 08:50 AM
Marvin Martian

Yeah looks like it might be that way and get one from US

Do you remember the website from which you got yours from? It would be great
if you can post it here.

Only worry is the right fit when I order and hope it fits when I get it

Thanks

Peter

Old July 25th 03, 10:40 AM
K&C Russell

"Marvin Martian" wrote in message
u...
Im kinda looking for the Giro Pneumo road helmet in Melbourne. They were
around last year in most bike shops but wasn't in the market for one

then.
Just my luck when I am thinking of replacing my current one, I can't find
any bike shops that stock them. Not one Giro helmets in sight. All I can

see
are MET helmets.

Does anyone know a bike shop in Melbourne that still sells Giro road

helmets
or have they pulled the plug on Australia??

They did not get Aust Std accreditation along with some others, if I
remember correctly. They still meet many international standards. Hence
some shops pulled them off the shelf. I use a helmet that has not been
accredited to Aust Std, personally I don't think there is much in it.

You may even be able to speak to a shop and get one ordered in. I remember
many of these were returned to the distributors.

Kevin

Old July 25th 03, 12:12 PM
Peter

Marvin,

I got mine from BikeSmart.com in California. $US130.00 plus postage of
course. I had an older Giro so I just used the same size when ordering.

Old July 25th 03, 03:52 PM
Marvin Martian

Peter

Thanks for the info. Just placed an order for it. By the way did you have to
fax ID details to them after the order confirmation or they shipped it
regardless you sent the fax or not?

Thanks again