Consider Group Name Change

Old December 23rd 05, 04:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Consider Group Name Change

Sad to say but I have finally found these posts amusing as long as they are
not too lengthy. Now that I have accepted this group for what it is I can
take small pleasures in it and have abandoned my former frustration.

Don't know how many may agree but if you do we might want to consider a more
suitable name that represents our subject matter.

I won't pretend to be creative enough to suggest a name but invite others to
do so.

In the unlikely event that an off-topic post about recumbents arises we
shall just have to tolerate them.

Happy (insert preferred politically correct text here) to you all.

Jim

Old December 24th 05, 08:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Jim" wrote in message
newsOVqf.41967$oG.9325@dukeread02...
Sad to say but I have finally found these posts amusing as long as they
are not too lengthy. Now that I have accepted this group for what it is I
can take small pleasures in it and have abandoned my former frustration.

Don't know how many may agree but if you do we might want to consider a
more suitable name that represents our subject matter.

I won't pretend to be creative enough to suggest a name but invite others
to do so.

In the unlikely event that an off-topic post about recumbents arises we
shall just have to tolerate them.

Happy (insert preferred politically correct text here) to you all.

Jim

Jim, some of the recent posts in a few threads here on ARBR have gone on and
on at great length and I know that no one is reading them. It is case of
egos running amuck.

I hold myself as a model of how we should be posting to ARBR. A few well
crafted paragraphs is all that is ever required. Any more than that and you
are out of control. I am surprised that Mr. Sherman fell for the bait -
hook, line and sinker. He should have known better. Please, everyone, let us
control ourselves!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 24th 05, 11:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:43:21 -0600, "Jim" said in
oOVqf.41967$oG.9325@dukeread02:

I won't pretend to be creative enough to suggest a name but invite others to
do so.

Obviously the group is now alt.troll.ed.dolan :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old December 24th 05, 11:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:43:21 -0600, "Jim" said in
oOVqf.41967$oG.9325@dukeread02:

I won't pretend to be creative enough to suggest a name but invite others
do so.

Obviously the group is now alt.troll.ed.dolan :-)

Guy

Poor Guy Chapman would not know a troll if one jumped up and bit him in the
elbow. There has been only one troll here on ARBR since I have been here
(over 3 years) and that is Ed Gin. He is a criminal vandal troll and he
murdered this newsgroup last winter. Mr. Sherman stood by and let it happen.
Guy Chapman took a powder too. These types will not defend the group when it
comes under attack. My contempt for them is boundless! They are essentially
cowards, like all liberals.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 24th 05, 01:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Jim" wrote in message
newsOVqf.41967$oG.9325@dukeread02...
[...]

Jim needs to consider a name change for himself. We already have a Jim here
on ARBR. Could you not perhaps come up with a better user name. It gets to
be very confusing when we have too many Jims here.

Note my example. No one else has the name of Ed Dolan. I am also known as
the Great Ed Dolan and as Saint Edward the Great of the Order of the
Perpetual Sorrows of Minnesota. Do not try to get into this Order as it is
very exclusive. I am the one and only member of the Order. That is because
no one else has ever come up to my high standards of holiness. You have to
be celibate which lets out everyone, most particularly Mr. Sherman.

See how easy it is to have a unique name by which others can identify you.
Just plain old Jim will not do it. It is just way too common. It is as
common as mud in fact and we here on ARBR insist on names that stand out.

Please, try to show some imagination, why don't you?

Whenever I see the name Jim in print I think of Jimmy Carter. Why the hell
he did not want to be called James I will never know. Can you imagine anyone
calling me Eddie (besides Tom Sherman of course). God, I want to puke at all
these childish names.

I propose that Tom Sherman should henceforth be addressed as the Honorable
Mr. Thomas Sherman. The fact is that we are not showing enough respect for
names here on ARBR. I would like to be addressed henceforth as the Honorable
Mr. Edward Dolan. However, this respect does not extend to scum bags like Ed
Gin. He should be called out for the kind of ****er that he is.

Regards,

The Honorable Mr. Edward Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 24th 05, 03:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
"...Can you imagine anyone calling me Eddie (besides Tom Sherman of course). God, I want to puke at all these childish names.

Yo Eddie,

The first person to call you Eddie was Beth the Alaskan Recumbent
Princess:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/fbd923587995ebaa?dmode=source.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 26th 05, 12:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Johnny Sunset" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"...Can you imagine anyone calling me Eddie (besides Tom Sherman of
course). God, I want to puke at all these childish names.

Yo Eddie,

The first person to call you Eddie was Beth the Alaskan Recumbent
Princess:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/fbd923587995ebaa?dmode=source.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

In re-reading that old post from 2004 I am stuck by how much meaner and
nastier I have become. Poor Beth would not have a chance against me today. I
attribute all my meanness and nastiness to having to deal with rogues and
scoundrels like Mr. Sherman.

In any event, whether I am pleasant or not so pleasant, women do not hang
around long when the Great Ed Dolan is on the scene. I think they want and
expect me to defer to them whereas I do not see any reason to defer to them
except on their own ground of proper feminine concerns, like taking care of
children, cooking meals and going to church. Everyone in the world knows
what women are good for and they ought to stick to that. I am afraid I have
the effect of intimidating women with my penetrating intellect and
directness of speech.

Nevertheless, this group could use some womanly input. I fear we are
becoming too coarse and vulgar without their soft touch. It seems all we are
doing lately is cussing and swearing at one another. Women would make us
ashamed of this typical masculine behavior and we could perhaps become
better than we would otherwise be.

We do not want coarse and vulgar women to come to ARBR of course. The women
who come to ARBR should be of the caliber of Our Blessed Lady, the Virgin
Mary. The Great Ed Dolan will know how to behave when in the presence of
wise and saintly ladies.

The Great Ed Dolan only goes berserk when confronted by coarse and vulgar
women, just about the only kind we have ever had here on ARBR as far as I
can recall. Beth was only so-so in this way as I remember her, not bad but
not good either.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old December 27th 05, 03:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Jim wrote:
Sad to say but I have finally found these posts amusing as long as they are
not too lengthy. Now that I have accepted this group for what it is I can
take small pleasures in it and have abandoned my former frustration.

Don't know how many may agree but if you do we might want to consider a more
suitable name that represents our subject matter....

alt.rec.JimmyMac.presenting.accusations.against.Ed Gin.without.definitive.proof

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 27th 05, 06:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Jim wrote:
Sad to say but I have finally found these posts amusing as long as they are
not too lengthy. Now that I have accepted this group for what it is I can
take small pleasures in it and have abandoned my former frustration.

Don't know how many may agree but if you do we might want to consider a more
suitable name that represents our subject matter....

ALT.REC.JOHNNY SUNSET.TERGIVERSATION.COM

JimmyMac