Consider Group Name Change

Old December 27th 05, 07:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Consider Group Name Change

wrote:
Jim wrote:
Sad to say but I have finally found these posts amusing as long as they are
not too lengthy. Now that I have accepted this group for what it is I can
take small pleasures in it and have abandoned my former frustration.

Don't know how many may agree but if you do we might want to consider a more
suitable name that represents our subject matter....

ALT.REC.JOHNNY SUNSET.TERGIVERSATION.COM

Will Mr. McNamara provide DEFINITIVE PROOF OF HIS ALLEGATIONS?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 28th 05, 04:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mike Rice wrote:
On 27 Dec 2005 17:34:45 -0800, "Johnny Sunset"
It is probably time to put the HRS blog authorship discussion to rest,
since it seems to be going in circles.

You think?

I was adopting the Lorenzo L. Love versus Larry Varney tactic.

So, would you pay $3,900.00 to $4,600.00 [1] for a BigHa?

BIGHA also stands for "Bath Independent Guest House Association" [2].

[1] http://www.bigha.com/buy/index_bike.php.
[2] http://www.bigha.co.uk/.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 28th 05, 06:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default BigHa (was: Consider Group Name Change)

Mike Rice wrote:
On 27 Dec 2005 19:41:40 -0800, "Johnny Sunset"
wrote:

Mike Rice wrote:
On 27 Dec 2005 17:34:45 -0800, "Johnny Sunset"
It is probably time to put the HRS blog authorship discussion to rest,
since it seems to be going in circles.

You think?

I was adopting the Lorenzo L. Love versus Larry Varney tactic.

So, would you pay $3,900.00 to $4,600.00 [1] for a BigHa?

BIGHA also stands for "Bath Independent Guest House Association" [2].

[1] http://www.bigha.com/buy/index_bike.php.
[2] http://www.bigha.co.uk/.

I guess getting one of the second examples for this price would be a
bargain indeed!

I wonder if one is allowed to bring one's bicycle into the Bath guest
houses. Of course, taking a vacation in Bath has always been the
preserve of the English upper class which allows for a certain degree
of eccentricity.

LL was pretty determined to disparage the BigHa, I always thought that
if he were truly looking for one of thier customers that this was the
wrong forum. Are the sales figures available?

As a private company BigHa has no obligation to release sales figures,
so unless a worker in the BigHa sales or shipping department wishes to
reveal confidential business information (possibly illegal, and likely
grounds for termination) we will not know.
It would be interesting to know how many people will spend that amount
of money on a heavy, not so fast "luxury" bicycle. A bike such as the
HP Velotechnik Sprit [1] would appear to have similar ride and
performance to the BigHa, for approximately one-half (1/2) the price
when equipped with disc brakes and a generator hub powered lighting.

L.L.L. appeared to have a dislike of BigHa due to the way BikeE went
out of business, with many of the former BikeE principals turning up at
BigHa. (See also the legal battle between BigHa and former BikeE
supplier Giant.)

[1] http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/spirit/index_e.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 28th 05, 06:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

gotbent wrote:
"Johnny Sunset" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom, cut this **** out. Put Jimmy Oil and theGeezer from hell on your kill
file or I'm putting you on mine. I used to get a chuckle from your posts
back in the days of the impoverished masters candidate, pedantic as they
were. But I'm fokking sick and tired of seeing you quote those miserable
motherfokkers in a battle of neverfokkingending snits.

Request granted. I will cease debating the authorship of the HRS blog
with Mr. McNamara, since pretty much everything that could reasonably
be said has been said. If Mr. McNamara wished to continue, that is his
option.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 28th 05, 07:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

wrote:

Mike Rice wrote:
[...]

I have nothing against Bigha, it looks like a good $1500 bike. I just
wonder who would be nuts enough to pay $4600 for one.

Lorenzo L. Love

Old December 28th 05, 10:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mike Rice wrote:
On 27 Dec 2005 17:34:45 -0800, "Johnny Sunset"
It is probably time to put the HRS blog authorship discussion to rest,
since it seems to be going in circles.

You think?

I was adopting the Lorenzo L. Love versus Larry Varney tactic.

So, would you pay $3,900.00 to $4,600.00 [1] for a BigHa?

Yes, I knew exactly what Mr. Sherman was doing and so that is why I stayed
out of it. He had obviously adopted the Lorenzo L. Love tactic of harping on
a single point and since it was a fairly good point and was hard to refute,
it more or less worked.

But no one does better than Mr. Love what he does. I think he drove poor Mr.
Varney crazy. That entire thread is a classic and worth reviewing in order
to learn something about tactics and humor. Somehow it never got to be
tedious like Mr. Sherman's effort.

What Mr. Sherman should have done of course is to have severely edited those
posts on the HRS blogs. If he had done that it is possible that the thread
would also have become a classic instead of being merely tedious. Brevity is
the soul of wit.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 28th 05, 10:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Gotbent wrote...

Tom, cut this **** out. Put Jimmy Oil and theGeezer from hell on your kill
file or I'm putting you on mine. I used to get a chuckle from your posts
back in the days of the impoverished masters candidate, pedantic as they
were. But I'm fokking sick and tired of seeing you quote those miserable
motherfokkers in a battle of neverfokkingending snits.

There was no casue for you to refer to me aA Jimmy Oil, but I will
overlook that. Your point is well taken and apparenly Tom feels
likewise ... we agree on something at last.

Quite some time back, I requested that Tom accept an agree to diasgree
truce so that we could just let this go and move on, but my reasonable
suggestion was rejected sevral times. At this juncture, it is
reasonable to assume that the readership has grown weary of this
debate. All that was in need of being said has likely already been
said several times over. I agree with you. The debate must cease.
I'm done ... debate concluded.

JimmyMac