Riding a 'bent (was: Anybody ever rend a cycle in Dublin, Ireland?)

Old November 10th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Riding a 'bent (was: Anybody ever rend a cycle in Dublin, Ireland?)

Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]
The only bike I ever rented was a BikeE, because it was the only one I
ever found for rent that could be adjusted to fit my size. It was
educational, in that it taught me to avoid BikeEs and other similarly
ill-conceived bikes from that time forward.

You must relax your upper body and only use light forces to steer on a
'bent. I always have new riders hold the bars with only their thumb and
forefinger to prevent over-controlling the bike.

On a proper SWB 'bent, you just think where you want the bike to go, and
it does it.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old November 10th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Chalo

Tom Sherman wrote:

Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]
The only bike I ever rented was a BikeE, because it was the only one I
ever found for rent that could be adjusted to fit my size. *It was
educational, in that it taught me to avoid BikeEs and other similarly
ill-conceived bikes from that time forward.

You must relax your upper body and only use light forces to steer on a
'bent. I always have new riders hold the bars with only their thumb and
forefinger to prevent over-controlling the bike.

On a proper SWB 'bent, you just think where you want the bike to go, and
it does it.

Thanks, Obi-Wan. I'll have to try harder to stretch out with my
feelings.

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2009-1...tretch_out.wav

Chalo
Old November 10th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
!Jones[_2_]

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:34:41 -0600, in rec.bicycles.tech Tom Sherman
°_° wrote:

On a proper SWB 'bent, you just think where you want the bike to go, and
it does it.

I think I wanna go where there's a cold beer... maybe two! ... aye!
....and the laughter of harlots!

Old November 10th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Riding a 'bent

Chalo Colina wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]
The only bike I ever rented was a BikeE, because it was the only one I
ever found for rent that could be adjusted to fit my size. It was
educational, in that it taught me to avoid BikeEs and other similarly
ill-conceived bikes from that time forward.

You must relax your upper body and only use light forces to steer on a
'bent. I always have new riders hold the bars with only their thumb and
forefinger to prevent over-controlling the bike.

On a proper SWB 'bent, you just think where you want the bike to go, and
it does it.

Thanks, Obi-Wan. I'll have to try harder to stretch out with my
feelings.

Too impatient, you are.

Yoda
Old November 10th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_12_]

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]

On a proper SWB 'bent, you just think where you want the bike to go, and
it does it.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

I tried that not too long ago. It fell over. Just kidding. When I try that
with my trike, it just sits there.

Somewhere along the way I have to stop thinking and start pedaling.

--
gotbent aka FRT rider

Anybody ever rend a cycle in Dublin, Ireland? !Jones[_2_] Techniques 29 November 13th 09 05:37 AM
Is riding with a bent seat post just asking for trouble? Jay[_2_] Techniques 19 April 9th 08 08:09 AM
One thing about riding a 'bent Zebee Johnstone Australia 5 March 26th 08 09:56 AM
Riding in Northern Ireland Cliff UK 6 February 9th 05 01:44 PM
Some winter clothing idea's for riding a bent. Steve Knight Recumbent Biking 0 November 8th 04 06:56 AM