Silk Road GPS Tracks ?

Old February 16th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
erasmo

Default Silk Road GPS Tracks ?

Hi:

I was just day-dreaming about a future ride along the ancient Silk
Road (connecting Istanbul, Turkey or Damascus, Syria and Xian, China),
and I was asking myself if there could be already some GPS tracks of
people that had already made this route

so, my question: are there some links where I could find posted GPS
tracks of this route: the Silk Road, between Istanbul or Damascus and
Xian, China, made by fellow cyclists ?

thank you very much

greetings

Old February 16th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Darryl C

In article om,
"erasmo" wrote:

Hi:

I was just day-dreaming about a future ride along the ancient Silk
Road (connecting Istanbul, Turkey or Damascus, Syria and Xian, China),
and I was asking myself if there could be already some GPS tracks of
people that had already made this route

so, my question: are there some links where I could find posted GPS
tracks of this route: the Silk Road, between Istanbul or Damascus and
Xian, China, made by fellow cyclists ?

thank you very much

greetings

No GPS coordinates that I am aware of but try googling 'cycle silk road'
and you will get enough info to last a while. You might also find some
people who have cycled through there.

It is just coincidence that yesterday I read the first three instalments
of the following blog describing three Americans cycling the Silk Road
and their adventures in Turkmenistan. Cycling content is pretty thin but
if you read it before you go I am sure it will bring a smile to your
face when you experience something similar.

regards,
Darryl
Old February 16th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Friday

Darryl C wrote:
In article om,
"erasmo" wrote:

[...]

Would that be this one? It's one of the best travel blogs I've ever read.

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Bikepacker/

Friday
Old February 16th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
sally

"Three knucklehead guys cycle the Silk Road":
http://www.slate.com/id/2159564/entry/2159566
Old February 16th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Darryl C

In article ,
Friday wrote:

Darryl C wrote:
In article om,
"erasmo" wrote:

[...]

No, it's not but thanks for that link.

The one I was referring to was at:
http://www.slate.com/id/2159564/entry/2159568/

regards,
Darryl

Silk Road GPS Tracks ? erasmo General 4 February 16th 07 06:49 PM
Silk Road GPS Tracks ? erasmo Techniques 4 February 16th 07 06:49 PM
FS: 58cm CAAD4 Silk Road bike S R Sharp Marketplace 0 March 3rd 05 05:08 AM
FS: Carbon Silk Road Headshok fork S R Sharp Marketplace 0 November 13th 04 07:43 PM
decent off road tracks Garry Broad UK 8 August 8th 03 08:04 PM