COME ON CADEL!!!!!!

Old July 11th 11, 04:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default COME ON CADEL!!!!!!

Haven't fully analysed the times yet after stage 9 (I think it is about
2mins?) but I am, frankly, starting to think that Cadel is gonna wear
that yellow jersey down the Champs-Elysees.

Why?

There are still the Pyrenees to come and Cadel is good in the mountains
as well

Gotta watch out for Thor though, cos he is not gonna be far away, so he
could still be thinking of poaching that yellow off Cadel....

Anybody got any other views?
Old July 11th 11, 06:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:46:53 +1000, Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

Haven't fully analysed the times yet after stage 9 (I think it is about
2mins?) but I am, frankly, starting to think that Cadel is gonna wear
that yellow jersey down the Champs-Elysees.

Why?

There are still the Pyrenees to come and Cadel is good in the mountains
as well

Gotta watch out for Thor though, cos he is not gonna be far away, so he
could still be thinking of poaching that yellow off Cadel....

Anybody got any other views?

He's already slipped back to 3rd overall. He is getting too old for this (without using
drugs).

Old July 11th 11, 02:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 11/07/2011 3:00 PM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:46:53 +1000, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

Gotta watch out for Thor though, cos he is not gonna be far away, so he
could still be thinking of poaching that yellow off Cadel....

Anybody got any other views?

He's already slipped back to 3rd overall. He is getting too old for this (without using
drugs).

Hm, I thought he'd be 3rd behind Thor but I didn't take into account
Leon Sanchez who was in that breakaway with Voeckler. I didn't realise
that Sanchez was able to claw back that much time with his win of the stage.

Poor Thor has fallen waaayyy back in the standings but then I did see
him going back down the peloton to thank his team mates after he
realised that he had lost the yellow jersey. I just didn't realise how
far back he went

Looking at the standings, and discounting Voeckler and Sanchez, both of
whom Cadel should beat easily in the mountains, I noticed that the
Schleck brothers are right behind Cadel. The two brothers are not too
bad on the climbs so maybe Cadel's real threat is now from the Shlecks.

After all my half-baked theories and analysis, I think Mike Tomalaris
did say that the last time Voeckler had the yellow jersey in 2004(?), it
took Lance Armstrong 10 days to get it off him.

Still, I'd say Cadel looks real strong this year and if I was a betting
man, I wouldn't mind a coupla dollars on the man to win
Old July 12th 11, 03:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
K.A. Moylan

In article , Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:

On 11/07/2011 3:00 PM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:46:53 +1000, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

Anybody got any other views?

He's already slipped back to 3rd overall. He is getting too old for this
(without using drugs).

Still, I'd say Cadel looks real strong this year and if I was a betting
man, I wouldn't mind a coupla dollars on the man to win

Saw Cadel Evans getting interviewed on SBS this evening, as part of
their TdF coverage.
I've never seen him look so happy - I hope he can pull off the win this
year.

--
K.A. Moylan
Canberra, Australia
Old July 13th 11, 03:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 13/07/2011 12:10 AM, K.A. Moylan wrote:
In article, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

On 11/07/2011 3:00 PM, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:46:53 +1000, Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:

Anybody got any other views?

He's already slipped back to 3rd overall. He is getting too old for this
(without using drugs).

Still, I'd say Cadel looks real strong this year and if I was a betting
man, I wouldn't mind a coupla dollars on the man to win

Saw Cadel Evans getting interviewed on SBS this evening, as part of
their TdF coverage.
I've never seen him look so happy - I hope he can pull off the win this
year.

Yeah, Cadel does look better this year than any other - he's quietly
confident and, more importantly, relaxed.

Noticed last night that Voeckler tried the same trick as he did on stage
9, ie this time trying to breakaway in the last few kms. I am assuming
that he knows he ain't gonna keep the yellow and wanted to make it as
difficult as possible for it to be taken off him.

Cadel may have been right Scott Racing 31 September 27th 09 04:57 PM
Cadel Scott Racing 22 September 16th 09 09:25 PM
For Cadel Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 July 21st 08 09:49 AM
Go, Go, Go Cadel!!!!! Patrick Turner Australia 6 July 29th 07 06:49 AM
Go Cadel! Steve Australia 32 May 3rd 06 04:24 AM