unicycle advise

Old July 11th 07, 09:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Default unicycle advise

themunkyuni wrote:
thanks for all the feed back guys.
it has been really helpful.
i would really like to know how to get height when i jump.

also any more advise on wat new uni to buy(trials)

if any one in NSW Australia has a uni for sail please tell me.
or if any one knows of any websites to buy unicycles please tell me
finally if anyone knows of any shops in Sydney Australia for uni's.

thanx hpz for the feed back.

Hawo my friend, my name is harry a.k.a Hazmat. As you can see i'm
a Sydney boy myself.

1) I have a cheapo unicycle for you if you want it??
2) http://tinyurl.com/2xnx4t
or http://www.unicycles.com.au/
3) Kitepower was where i got my very first unicycle. So you can try
there. Here's the link if you're interested.
http://tinyurl.com/2ers7c

Take care, have fun and if you any questions. Feel free to ask me or
anyone of the kind and friendly on this forum.

Your new friend
Hazmat

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 11th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
themunkyuni

i would really like that unicycle
but what type is it?

--
themunkyuni
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 11th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

This. http://tinyurl.com/354dan

Old July 11th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Hey, im about to upload a video to youtube, it will help you with
rolling hops. Ill get it up soon.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 11th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gumba23

kerosian wrote:
SIF= Seat in Front, it is a technique where you put your seat slightly
in front of you and hold the side of it with your hand, if you watch a
trials vid, you'll see this alot, as it enables you to jump higher.
SIB= Seat in Back, I really don't know how this is useful, other than
it looks pretty cool. It's harder though.

thats interesting i can do SIB easy but cant to SIF permanently yet i
find SIB easer

--
Gumba23

i unicycle badly but enjoy it!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 11th 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

'Here you go.' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FzrY4gCM_XI)

As you can see, I have some pretty good speed going towards the stairs.
You may want to start at a regular pace for now until you are used to
it, but latter, on the extra speed will be used for more momentum to
get up and over whatever your trying to jump.

One noticeable thing is the compression of my tire. I almost bottom out
before I launch off. I always end up getting my compression when my
pedals ares around 12 and 6 o' clock position, maybe around 1 and 7. At
the same time, my whole body has compressed down just a little bit. You
may want to let some air out of your tire to get this compression.

As my pedals get to a more horizontal position, I spring up. You can
watch my whole body go straight, my free arm swing up, and the
compression of the tire always helps. Im almost leaning forward a
little, but not by much. And I am really pulling on my handle.

As soon as I have passed the 2nd stair, you can see my legs bringing up
the uni.

By the third stair I have pulled the uni even more in front of me. My
free arm is still out.

BY the 4th stair I am in a position very familiar to this . Top half
is folded way over, This movement gives you momentum to get up and oer
higher object, on lower object this wont be need. You can also tell how
folded up I am, getting the tire as high and out as I can to get it
onto the top of the stairs.

I land, body straightens up, I pedal forward and land my hop.

For you, start with curbs, one stair, or one pallet. Find your jumping
position, I go left foot forwards, others go with their right. Get on
your uni and ride to the spot where you want to jump at. Probably just
a few inches away from the ledge. Hop in this one spot and turn
yourself around so you are facing away form the ledge. Ride straight
out now a fair distance, and once your back in your jumping position,
hop there a few times to remember that spot, and mark it somehow.

Now you have a perfect run up to your object. Mount on this spot, hop a
few times if you need to to make sure your there, ride at your ledge,
and jump.

Practice the curbs or small ledge till its natural and something you
can do with your eyes closed. Now try 2 stairs, or two pallets,
practice those until they feel like curbs and are easy. Keep
practicing, keep pushing yourself. Don't worry if you get stuck trying
to get up something, jsut find something a inch or two smaller.

Hope this all makes sense and helps with your jumping.

Old July 11th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Jerrick wrote:
'Here you go.' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FzrY4gCM_XI)

For you, start with curbs, one stair, or one pallet. Find your jumping
position, I go left foot forwards, others go with their right. Get on
your uni and ride to the spot where you want to jump at. Probably just
a few inches away from the ledge. Hop in this one spot and turn
yourself around so you are facing away form the ledge. Ride straight
out now a fair distance, and once your back in your jumping position,
hop there a few times to remember that spot, and mark it somehow.

Now you have a perfect run up to your object. Mount on this spot, hop a
few times if you need to to make sure your there, ride at your ledge,
and jump.
.

That makes a lot of sense. I am about ready to try this. I can idle
so so and hop in place.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 11th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

I guess I'm just used to SIF.

--
kerosian

I used to get high on life, until I built up a tolerance, so now I
unicycle.
Yay! Pamba Mountain b*ke race July 22nd, wish me luck!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 12th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Jerrick wrote:
'Here you go.' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FzrY4gCM_XI)

Nice job That will help a lot of people here. No offense to skrobo,
but I think your vid & write up is better than 'his tutorial'
(http://tinyurl.com/3a6ze7), IMO (I can't hop at all, but it is just a
lot easier for me to see whats going on the way you did it). Mainly
from the slo-mo, up stairs instead of flat and great description.

--
skilewis74
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 12th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

skilewis74 wrote:
Nice job That will help a lot of people here. No offense to skrobo,
but I think your vid & write up is better than 'his tutorial'
(http://tinyurl.com/3a6ze7), IMO (I can't hop at all, but it is just a
lot easier for me to see whats going on the way you did it). Mainly
from the slo-mo, up stairs instead of flat and great description.

Thanks. Sorry for some of the grammatical problems in there. I ended up
posting it at 3:03am.