Chris Boardman

Old May 19th 08, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Chris Boardman

I've been invited to a dinner where Chris Boardman will be the guest
of honour.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/microsites...2008/event.asp

I have been nominated for the "Creative Solutions" award for my scheme
cycling children to and from their swimming lessons every Monday.

TfL press office have asked me for a quote. I dragged up an old one
from Congressman Earl Blumenauer. "My inspiration for the project
came to me when I was thinking of all those people who day after day
get stuck in London's traffic on their way to the gym to ride a
stationary bicycle."
Old May 20th 08, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 19 May, 22:10, Tom Crispin
wrote:
I've been invited to a dinner where Chris Boardman will be the guest
of honour.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/microsites...2008/event.asp

I have been nominated for the "Creative Solutions" award for my scheme
cycling children to and from their swimming lessons every Monday.

TfL press office have asked me for a quote. *I dragged up an old one
from Congressman Earl Blumenauer. *"My inspiration for the project
came to me when I was thinking of all those people who day after day
get stuck in London's traffic on their way to the gym to ride a
stationary bicycle."

Hey, congratulations. Don't forget, Dress Code: Smart.
Old May 23rd 08, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 20 May 2008 00:32:19 -0700 (PDT), POHB
wrote:

On 19 May, 22:10, Tom Crispin
wrote:
I've been invited to a dinner where Chris Boardman will be the guest
of honour.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/microsites...2008/event.asp

I have been nominated for the "Creative Solutions" award for my scheme
cycling children to and from their swimming lessons every Monday.

TfL press office have asked me for a quote. *I dragged up an old one
from Congressman Earl Blumenauer. *"My inspiration for the project
came to me when I was thinking of all those people who day after day
get stuck in London's traffic on their way to the gym to ride a
stationary bicycle."

Hey, congratulations. Don't forget, Dress Code: Smart.

Great night out. "The Brewery" is a great venue for a dinner - and
the food was delicious.

Speeches by Jenny Jones (Green Party London Assembly member), David
Brown (TFL MD for surface transport) and Chris Boardman.

For the first time the London Fire Brigade was represented by a
cycling team.

My "Creative Solutions" nomination for my scheme to cycle pupils to
and from their swimming lessons was one of the winners.
Old May 23rd 08, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sir Jeremy

On 23 May, 08:55, Tom Crispin
wrote:

For the first time the London Fire Brigade was represented by a
cycling team.

could be tricky carrying those long ladders though

Old May 23rd 08, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 23 May, 08:55, Tom Crispin
wrote:
For the first time the London Fire Brigade was represented by a
cycling team.

could be tricky carrying those long ladders though

My great uncle was a plumber in Stockport and used to carry his ladder
strapped to the side of his exceedingly strong bike, with pipes, lead
and a blow torch hanging all over.How corners were negotiated is a
mystery, but I suppose he had just enough movement in the front wheel:
you don't need much.A bowser of water might have been a challenge
climbing out of Mersey Square.
actually now I notice you said 'long ladders'.

TerryJ
Old May 23rd 08, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

TerryJ wrote:

Sir Jeremy wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:

For the first time the London Fire Brigade was represented by a
cycling team.

could be tricky carrying those long ladders though

My great uncle was a plumber in Stockport and used to carry his ladder
strapped to the side of his exceedingly strong bike, with pipes, lead
and a blow torch hanging all over.How corners were negotiated is a
mystery, but I suppose he had just enough movement in the front wheel:
you don't need much.A bowser of water might have been a challenge
climbing out of Mersey Square.
actually now I notice you said 'long ladders'.

In my mind's eye I can still see the window-cleaner who used to operate
in the area where my grandmother lived in Liverpool. He was a definite
local "character". He carried a ladder just long enough to allow him to
wash the windows of the upper floor of a typical terraced house, plus a
bucket, leathers, etc, on his back. He used no wheeled aids of any sort.
Old May 23rd 08, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Fri, 23 May 2008 05:05:23 -0700 (PDT), Sir Jeremy
wrote:

On 23 May, 08:55, Tom Crispin
wrote:

For the first time the London Fire Brigade was represented by a
cycling team.

could be tricky carrying those long ladders though

Here's a photo I took in south China in January 2007.
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/longload
Old May 23rd 08, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jan[_2_]

Tom Crispin wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2008 05:05:23 -0700 (PDT), Sir Jeremy
wrote:

On 23 May, 08:55, Tom Crispin
wrote:

For the first time the London Fire Brigade was represented by a
cycling team.

could be tricky carrying those long ladders though

Here's a photo I took in south China in January 2007.
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/longload

When in Laos earlier tis year we saw young lads carrying Bamboo "drain
pipes" aprox 20 feet long whilst riding normal cycles.

Jan

Chris Boardman MTB's KPR UK 4 February 21st 08 10:02 PM
Boardman bikes Membrane UK 47 July 29th 07 03:07 PM
boardman bikes peter-potato UK 2 July 8th 07 05:54 PM
Boardman on Lance. Jack Hollis Racing 7 May 16th 05 02:47 PM
Obree Echoes Boardman B Lafferty Racing 12 February 13th 05 01:44 AM