OT Travel Ban Ruling

Old February 16th 17, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default OT Travel Ban Ruling

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 12:08:52 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 2/16/2017 11:23 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/15/2017 8:56 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Diana Ross, a melodramatic diva, exhibits more humility
than the Justices.

I don't think humility is necessary, nor even desirable, in
a Supreme Court justice.

We'll disagree on that.

Personal opinion or the fashions of the moment ought to not
supercede the Constitution or the laws as written IMHO.

But they do. Take the 2nd amendment for example. I am pretty sure that
in 1791 there was no doubt at all when the words meant. Now, someone
argued a day or so ago that some take it as justification for nuclear
weapons.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 17th 17, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 2/16/17 10:52 PM, jbeattie wrote:
I'm not sure he knows what his cabinet does.

Of course he does. It's where you put the dishes.

--
Wes Groleau
Old February 17th 17, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
W. Wesley Groleau

On 2/16/17 8:50 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Take away the music from rap and hip-hop, and what's left is a poetry

I'm not sure something with indeterminate meter and indeterminate
meaning can be called poetry just because several of the words rhyme.

--
Wes Groleau
Old February 17th 17, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/16/2017 7:34 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 4:26:22 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 9:52:19 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 1:03:47 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 8:02:13 PM UTC, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 8:02:20 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 1:37:07 AM UTC, Doug Landau wrote:
snip

-more snip-

No, you've got me all wrong. I WANT to believe that Trump is learning on the job, steaming ahead triumphantly. I'm on the plane, and I want to think the guy who just took over the controls knows how to fly. But the plane keeps dropping . . . and those O2 masks just fell out of the overhead . . . Lord, please help The Donald to fly this plane. Amen. I'll pray for Arnold's ratings, too.
-- Jay Beattie.

+1
I tried to write something like that for a friend in Italy
who has lit his own hair on fire over DJT's election. Is he
likeable? civil? doing anything, right or wrong? Not really.

When I write, 'I wish him well, we need that" I'm sincere.
Wishes may not be enough.

A little perspective: For all their bluster The House is
about to go on vacation tomorrow, having done absolutely
diddly squat for six weeks. No wonder people vote 'none of
the above'.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 17th 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...s/detail/14567
Old February 17th 17, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 01:56:57 +0100, "W. Wesley Groleau"
wrote:

On 2/16/17 8:50 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Take away the music from rap and hip-hop, and what's left is a poetry

I'm not sure something with indeterminate meter and indeterminate
meaning can be called poetry just because several of the words rhyme.

I'm sure. Try some of Lewis Caroll's poetry, which generally has
meter, usually rhymes, but makes little sense since he contrives some
of his words for the ocassion:
https://www.poemhunter.com/lewis-carroll/poems/
Actually, there are art forms for any ONE of the three basic
requirements. If it has meter, but nothing else, it's a tone poem. If
it makes some sense, but doesn't rhyme or have a meter, it's free
verse. If the words make sense, but lack rhyme or meter, it's called
prose.

If only they would pay my time,
to write the docs in verse and rhyme.
(Me, about 1976 while writing a boring service manual)

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old February 17th 17, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 5:53:39 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

More OT -- what are the good news outlets? Spin is out of control, pro and con. I've started going to the BBC site, but Andre will probably tell me its infested with provocateurs. Al Jazeera? Gawd. http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/...101245958.html Not Lithuania!

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 17th 17, 06:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 3:53:23 AM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

The BBC used to be the greatest news organization in the world, but that's three decades or so behind us. Today it is so politically correct, it is just about the British arm of the NYT. It's a disaster that makes me want to scream, because since I was a teenager I used to keep my radio tuned to BBC Radio 4, which is talk radio and also (mostly) the BBC's Foreign Service. You used to be able to get a first class education just listening to Radio 4 for a few years. And it had influence. A Nigerian Cabinet Minister once told me he felt he knew my mind. We'd just met; I raised an eyebrow. He explained he remembered me discussing the security situation on the BBC Radio 4's World at One with Colonel Alford of the Institute for Strategic Studies. It was years before, but it stuck with this guy.

I wasn't joking the other day when I said that for the political news I now go to the Catholic conservatives. National Review is full of Never Trumpers but they give the facts separately from their opinions, and their opinions are sensible, so my blood pressure stays on even keel. Anyway, I get the hysterical "resistance", a bunch of pathetical middle-aged bimbos of both genders, on my Facebook pages, so it isn't like I miss the extremes of Left.

If you're worried someone will see you read National Review and ostracize you, not all of the Washington Post is rotten. If you hold your nose you can mine the facts from the rotting vegetables. But I don't have that much time to give to picking a way through the bull**** to the facts, or the goodwill to deal with incompetent, smugly sanctimonious journalists, so NR does me fine, especially since I don't give a **** what people think.

Andre Jute
Getting the facts gets tougher all the time and, perversely, the internet hasn't helped
Old February 17th 17, 11:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

The NYT is a subversive commie Zionist organization

Nixon was a deranged criminal.

RUMP came apart on the ekectoral vote. That performance calls into question...

BBC, ROOTERS, ALJAZ STAR + ISRAELI's are amazing online. No hiss, no jamming.

Huff Post sez polls show Rump nearing 30%
Old February 17th 17, 11:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Wallace dates from @1920...sense the surrounding space...

Rendezvous....

Try Deliverance.

Maybe I'll try an 8G video manual.

Ruling requested. Michael Press Racing 4 July 21st 11 04:27 AM
Fork travel recommendations on FS with 2 1/2" rear travel crossnutz Mountain Biking 0 November 12th 06 09:49 PM
CAS Ruling Bill C Racing 7 June 30th 06 08:49 AM
130mm travel fork on 100mm travel specific frame Richard Hamilton Mountain Biking 12 February 1st 05 11:10 AM
130mm travel fork on 100mm travel specific frame Richard Hamilton UK 3 January 29th 05 10:38 AM