First offense lifetime ban for dopers is needed now....!!

Old August 4th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

Default First offense lifetime ban for dopers is needed now....!!

On Aug 4, 5:16 am, " wrote:
The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
problems finding a new sponsor.

A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
cleansing the sport of the cheats.

ease up! it's not that important, some instruction and education may
be necessary. not only of the rider but the aso agency aso we have
witnessed.
If the agemcy is allowed to use 'your' rule then who rules the
agency?

Old August 4th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

datakoll wrote:
If the agemcy is allowed to use 'your' rule then who rules the
agency?

CIA, FBI, NSA, aliens.

Old August 5th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message
ps.com...
The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
problems finding a new sponsor.

A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
cleansing the sport of the cheats.

And we need a lifetime drivers license ban for anyone using a cell phone
while driving. We need a lifetime ban for anyone speeding. We need a
lifetime ban for anyone using any drug that impedes judgment when operating
any dangerous machinery.

In which case we'd save in the neighborhood of 10,000 lives every year.

How many lives would be saved if we ban racers?

Old August 5th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

On Aug 4, 7:44 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
problems finding a new sponsor.

A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
cleansing the sport of the cheats.

And we need a lifetime drivers license ban for anyone using a cell phone
while driving. We need a lifetime ban for anyone speeding. We need a
lifetime ban for anyone using any drug that impedes judgment when operating
any dangerous machinery.

In which case we'd save in the neighborhood of 10,000 lives every year.

How many lives would be saved if we ban racers?

oh good! there are 500,000 people in the slammer tonight cause they
were partying.

Old August 5th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Aug 4, 5:16 am, " wrote:
The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
problems finding a new sponsor.

A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
cleansing the sport of the cheats.

Coca cola is very bad for your stomach anyway...good riddance.

Andre

Old August 5th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Aug 4, 4:49 pm, Ron Ruff wrote:
On Aug 4, 12:15 pm, " wrote:

When one considers
how much cheats have damaged the sport it is simply ridiculous to put
up with them. In the end it may not be 100% effective, but it deter
most of them hopefully.

Hope away. Blame for killing the sport rests on fans with attitudes
like yours and journalists who cater to that attitude. In fact
virtually all the riders who are doping wish they didn't have to...
but they have to because the dope works, and the system is unable to
tell if someone is doping or not via testing. What would you do in
that situation... dope or settle for being pack fodder? So sure... ban
them all for life... that will save the sport.

Then why not rob banks? You get rich on that. If you don't rob banks
you may remain poor.

Old August 5th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
problems finding a new sponsor.

A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
cleansing the sport of the cheats.

Let's see how other sports handle this -- QUOTE from today's sports
news

Aug. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Detroit Tigers infielder Neifi Perez was
suspended 80 games for his third violation of Major League Baseball's
ban on amphetamines.

END of quote.

Cycling doesn't distinguish between doping modalities, I beliieve.
Uppers are as good as boosting blood for a two year suspension for the
first offense. Come to think of it, don't even star cyclists take a
full regular person's jail term for recreational drug use (Ullrich
reference)?

At least the current UCI two year drop for atrificially enhancing
performance is pretty darn serious -- I can use it to show how serious
cycling is at rooting out drug stuff in comparison to football,
baseball, motor sports and horseracing.

Old August 5th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 4, 11:15 am, " wrote:

What it will do is to instantly end a riders career if decides to
dope. It will also put a end to repeat offenders. When one considers
how much cheats have damaged the sport it is simply ridiculous to put
up with them. In the end it may not be 100% effective, but it deter
most of them hopefully.

No, what it will do is end a rider's career if he
decides to dope _and gets caught_. [And the doping
conviction stands up in CAS and the national fed
doesn't find an excuse to let him off.] We know that
many people have doped and not gotten caught. As
lonng as there is a substantial chance of getting
away with it, people will feel pressure to dope.

"Hopefully" is not a sound basis for an anti-doping
policy. You're basically talking about enforcing it
like a crime, so you need to think about this based
on knowledge of criminology, not on your wishes.

Ben

Old August 5th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article . com,
" wrote:

On Aug 4, 11:15 am, " wrote:

What it will do is to instantly end a riders career if decides to
dope. It will also put a end to repeat offenders. When one considers
how much cheats have damaged the sport it is simply ridiculous to put
up with them. In the end it may not be 100% effective, but it deter
most of them hopefully.

No, what it will do is end a rider's career if he
decides to dope _and gets caught_. [And the doping
conviction stands up in CAS and the national fed
doesn't find an excuse to let him off.] We know that
many people have doped and not gotten caught. As
lonng as there is a substantial chance of getting
away with it, people will feel pressure to dope.

That's one of the two key reasons why the present system doesn't work and going to
an even more draconian system will be even more counterproductive. The other reason
is the questionable reliability of the tests - are the positives accurate or not? Are
the negatives?

"Hopefully" is not a sound basis for an anti-doping
policy. You're basically talking about enforcing it
like a crime, so you need to think about this based
on knowledge of criminology, not on your wishes.

"Hope is not a strategy." We can see how well that works out elsewhere in this
world everyday, but let's leave that alone.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 5th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ron Ruff

On Aug 4, 7:29 pm, Andre wrote:
Then why not rob banks? You get rich on that. If you don't rob banks
you may remain poor.

I didn't realize that bank robbing was a pro sport... but I'm out of
touch on many modern forms of entertainment.

3rd doping offense Bill C Racing 27 August 8th 07 11:49 PM
THAT is how you take care of dopers! [email protected] Racing 7 August 21st 06 07:18 PM
Who are the other dopers? Jeroen Racing 29 July 24th 06 05:55 AM
Not all dopers are cyclists. [email protected] Racing 0 January 24th 06 06:22 AM
Trim for dopers crit pro Racing 0 October 13th 04 01:29 AM