Pedal/Crank Grabbing in Trials

Old June 13th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Default Pedal/Crank Grabbing in Trials

While useful, I think it is cheating and shouldn't be allowed in
competitions. Old videos of RA shows than you (if you are skilled
enough) can hop to handrails and jump up high posts to rubber. I think
that crank/pedal grabbing is a bad influence on riders as they don't
push themselves to new heights. It is lazy, not flowy, looks like crap
and cheating.

Biketrials has gone from bash/pedal (BIU) to UCI, where a pedal grab,
bash, etc is considered a dab. When you think about it, pedal grabbing
is just as bad as touching with your hand on highjumps, leaning on
something for a skinny, putting your foot down, etc, so why is it
allowed?

What are your views on pedal grabbing?
Discuss

--
Danni

*)---', 113cm HighJump*

'My Videos'
(http://ca.youtube.com/user/danielcormeau)
'Sliver Trials Park' (http://tinyurl.com/6ooszk)
Old June 13th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Danni wrote:
While useful, I think it is cheating and shouldn't be allowed in
competitions. Old videos of RA shows than you (if you are skilled
enough) can hop to handrails and jump up high posts to rubber. I think
that crank/pedal grabbing is a bad influence on riders as they don't
push themselves to new heights. It is lazy, not flowy, looks like crap
and cheating.

Biketrials has gone from bash/pedal (BIU) to UCI, where a pedal grab,
bash, etc is considered a dab. When you think about it, pedal grabbing
is just as bad as touching with your hand on highjumps, leaning on
something for a skinny, putting your foot down, etc, so why is it
allowed?

What are your views on pedal grabbing?
Discuss

I don't want this to come off mean or start any serious argument,
but...
If you consider it cheating then why do you do it in your riding?
There's a crank grab or two in every one of your videos.

Tomorrow I'm off to a NATS bike trials competition. I'm sure they're
less strict about these things in the Sport category (beginner, sport,
expert, pro), but I'll report back about what they allow as far as
pedal grabs.

--
maximus unius
Old June 13th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

maximus unius wrote:
I don't want this to come off mean or start any serious argument,
but...
If you consider it cheating then why do you do it in your riding?
There's a crank grab or two in every one of your videos.

I stopped after I made my last video. Convenient, but true.

Old June 13th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Found this: Notice how he calls it a *"technique for trials"*.

|Filename: Untitled.jpg |

MuniAddict

*'www.unigeezer.com' (http://www.unigeezer.com)

*
Old June 15th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unitik908

Danni wrote:
While useful, I think it is cheating and shouldn't be allowed in
competitions. Old videos of RA shows than you (if you are skilled
enough) can hop to handrails and jump up high posts to rubber. I think
that crank/pedal grabbing is a bad influence on riders as they don't
push themselves to new heights. It is lazy, not flowy, looks like crap
and cheating.

Biketrials has gone from bash/pedal (BIU) to UCI, where a pedal grab,
bash, etc is considered a dab. When you think about it, pedal grabbing
is just as bad as touching with your hand on highjumps, leaning on
something for a skinny, putting your foot down, etc, so why is it
allowed?
Discuss

In your opinion, i happen to think a well flowed pedal to rubber on a
130cm ledge looks very slick.

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -