Trials Tire

Old January 19th 05, 02:24 AM
uni412

Default Trials Tire

I'm looking for a new tire for my trials uni because my current Monty
tire is getting pretty worn out. Can anyone give me a
side-to-side comparison of different tires? What seems to be working for
your trials uni? Thanks.

--
uni412 - unicycle fanatic
uni412's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4707

Old January 19th 05, 02:26 AM
gerblefranklin

Just go witht he Luna. Slight changes in compund and tread are the only
real differences. The monty had different sidewall strengths, but I hear
they're no longer made.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"Democracy is just a word when the people are starving"-Immortal
Technique

Old January 19th 05, 02:32 AM
darchibald

I have a Luna and its held/holding up pretty well, but I have no other
experience with trials tires. I got it in April I think. Does any one
know the differences between the Creepy Crawler and the Luna? They look
like they have the same tread pattern but I can only tell from movies
and pictures. Is there any thing else beyond the name and price?

David

--
darchibald - Trials and Street rider

Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. - Ferris Bueller
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old January 19th 05, 02:35 AM
forrestunifreak

The creepy cralwer is made of some new,high-tech rubber.But i think it
dwears down a lot faster.there was a thread a while back.

--
forrestunifreak - R.I.P. Unibiker

FOR SALE:
1 parachute,only used once,never opened,small stain.

Old January 19th 05, 02:38 AM
forrestunifreak

'here' (http://tinyurl.com/5zg7b)

Old January 19th 05, 05:51 AM
Bob22b

Some of the guys with new KH Trials probably have ridden on the luna and
the now equipped maxxis tire.

*Waiting for someone to chime in*

--
Bob22b - MCL Tearer :d
Bob22b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8153

Old January 19th 05, 07:22 AM
andrew_carter

Yeah the Maxxis Creepy Crawler has a significantly softer compound so it
will wear down faster. On the other hand, it's FAR less expensive than
a Monty and may well grip better on some surfaces. I think it would be
a good tyre for urban (or just generally man-made) stuff.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'My big movie (51MB, DivX)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

Old January 19th 05, 07:43 AM
TheObieOne3226

andrew_carter wrote:
*Yeah the Maxxis Creepy Crawler has a significantly softer compound so
it will wear down faster. On the other hand, it's FAR less expensive
than a Monty and may well grip better on some surfaces. I think it
would be a good tyre for urban (or just generally man-made) stuff.

Andrew *

I would think the contrary. I think the softer compound would be used on
natty, since thats where you need the grip and also where there are less
abrasive sections. The Luna wears relatively slow compared to all the
other tires out there, and seems to grip just as well IMO. I'll be
sticking with the Luna, although my new mod will be coming with echos,
so I may give those a shot.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Fo'shizzle, ma nizzle

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226

disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

Nick, Joe, Tim, Jim, Nick, Eric, Trip, Mike, Bevan, Sabin, Owen, Jagur,
Brian, Michael, Pete, Evan, Andrew, Justin, Kyle, Dave, Kevin, and Laura
are my main man.

Old January 19th 05, 08:09 AM
smdO2

There is also a Try All Tyre available at municycle.com, it seems to
have a differant tread pattern, to most trials tyres, - more of a
mountain bike tread pattern.

'check it out here' (http://tinyurl.com/3q2bf)

anyone used one of these?

Shaun

--
smdO2 - UniT is One
smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

Old January 19th 05, 08:31 AM
andrew_carter

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
*I would think the contrary. I think the softer compound would be used
on natty, since thats where you need the grip and also where there are
less abrasive sections. The Luna wears relatively slow compared to all
the other tires out there, and seems to grip just as well IMO. I'll be
sticking with the Luna, although my new mod will be coming with echos,
so I may give those a shot. *

I haven't ridden with a Creepy Crawler (although I plan to get one soon)
but I have seen one on a trials bike and I just got that impression from
the feel of it. I can't explain why but it felt like it would stick
well to concrete and metal surfaces. I will try it out for myself
though. Maybe I'll try to pick one up tomorrow. Remind me to do so.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'My big movie (51MB, DivX)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

Easy Coker Airfoil tire change john_childs Unicycling 27 June 21st 05 01:52 AM
When to change the tire Jose Capco Techniques 10 July 1st 04 08:15 PM
DIY Tire Removal 2 g.daniels Techniques 4 May 21st 04 05:25 PM
DIY Tire Remval 2 g.daniels Techniques 1 May 17th 04 10:26 PM
Trials Tire assistance? Logan_A. Unicycling 2 November 5th 03 02:03 AM