Did you ever ask a hottie to ride your woody?

Old August 17th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Did you ever ask a hottie to ride your woody?

http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202540-1.html

Old August 17th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 17, 6:08 am, RicodJour wrote:
http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202540-1.html

To my eye, a swoopy design doesn't suit wood that well. If I had a
wooden bike I'd want it to be a log-cabin like Paul Bunyon or
Flintstones like contraption.

Joseph

Old August 17th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Without pedals? http://essperans.fr/blog/wp-content/...ienne-1820.jpg

Old August 17th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

RicodJour wrote:
http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6202540-1.html

Wooden bikes were common during WW2 when the military
had first dibs on all metal stocks. There were some
very beautiful and interesting designs. No tandems
though.

On a tangent, there were also a number of interesting
bikes produced for military use. They had features for
carrying firearms and other gear. The Brits made a
folder for use by paratroopers. Most military models
were produced for WW1 when motorized transport was
still in its infancy.

Bob Schwartz
Old August 17th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 17, 7:07 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Wooden bikes were common during WW2 when the military
had first dibs on all metal stocks. There were some
very beautiful and interesting designs. [...]
On a tangent, there were also a number of interesting
bikes produced for military use. They had features for
carrying firearms and other gear. The Brits made a
folder for use by paratroopers.

I saw the British paratrooper folder at the Musee du Velo, unique en
France, in Cormatin. That sucker weighed about 20 kg. Pivoted around
the seat tube, I think.

Also, although there was a steel shortage during WWII, rubber was in
even shorter supply (gas rationing in the US? That wasn't because of a
shortage of gas--it was to reduce driving and the need for rubber) so
bicycle tires were hard to get. I saw an example of a bike using wound
springs in place of rubber tires.

Old August 17th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Aug 17, 11:03 am, wrote:

I saw an example of a bike using wound
springs in place of rubber tires.

I wonder how big the bush would have to be to need an Epilady that
large.

Order your Harper HOTTIE T-shirts now! lleberg Unicycling 0 June 30th 05 09:41 AM
Unicycling hottie! abrown360 General 11 June 13th 05 06:08 PM
A woody for surfing unicyclists s7ev0 Unicycling 12 April 24th 05 09:26 AM
Tribute to Harper Hottie Jester2000 Unicycling 8 December 2nd 04 03:19 PM
I hace a woody!!2! Raoul Deluxe Mountain Biking 2 October 3rd 03 01:51 AM