Trials Video Clips

Old August 3rd 04, 05:18 AM
gerblefranklin

Default Trials Video Clips

Well, I finally got my computer really working again (I'd been using my
mac earlier). So, I uploaded some short trials video clips. There's two
of me doing a gap line on my gapping bars, and one of me rolling hopping
up a 4 set. There's one of me doing a line with a balance beam ride into
a pedalgrab on a 6x8 into a skinny ride. I wanted to make the line go
farther, but I never got the rest of it landed in one piece. Ce la vie.
Mostly rolling hops, purely concidental. Also a few other clips. Some of
them are sideways, sorry. Anyways, enjoy (And I'd love some feedback).

Cheers,
Bevan

P.S. Here's the link: 'My Gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Trials-Muni) Once there click on Trials
Video Clips. All videos are MPG format.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

Old August 3rd 04, 06:36 AM
andrew_carter

Excellent stuff, thanks for sharing. I like the way you've supported
your post (your version of what I called a hopping post on
www.unicycle.2ya.com). I might try that design for some new obstacles
I'm building for this Australia Zoo demo. In fact, I'm going to do that
right now.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Quit jivin' me, turkey!

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Old August 3rd 04, 06:45 AM
gerblefranklin

I'll add a few pictures of my new obstacles in a day or two if you want.
Thanks for the input. BTW, those 2x4s are about 8 or 9" long, and those
are 45 degree angled cuts on the ends so I can get an extra few inches'
of support out of the same length of wood. The post is 11" tall so taht
one can parctice pedalgrabs onto it and it's not unnerving. Hops onto it
are trivial. It's not ideal for pedalgrabbing in a trials line, as your
tire tends to hit the supports, but that's better since it makes you go
straight to rubber.

Old August 3rd 04, 07:51 AM
andrew_carter

Well I just wrote I big paragraph about the post I just made but it was
wiped. So here's a brief summary...

I built a post, it's 400mm high, 250mm long support pieces, fixed in
place with glue and two screws per piece, will brace more when glue
dries, post is 90x90mm.

I have another 90x90x600 piece I cut down today and about 1.2m left to
play around with.

What I really want is to be able to permanently cement these posts about
500mm into the ground and have a big range of lines and heights to hop
around on...not 'till I get my own house I think.

Here's a photo of the post at this stage. I'll probably add more
bracing tomorrow and then test it out.

Andrew

| Attachment filename: dsc08172.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/227011|

Old August 3rd 04, 11:01 AM
Robbie

That's one nice looking post andrew, but do us all a favour and... not
white A nice bedford trials orange or something

--
Robbie - Street Unicyclist

[image: http://www.picrack.com/003/other/dr-z.gif]
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

Old August 3rd 04, 11:22 PM
gerblefranklin

I like the post, but I think the support poles should be longer. I make
mine at least 1/2 as long as the main post. Also, you could save wood by
cutting the wood at 45 degree angles. Then, you could save about 6" of
wood on the entire project. At least for me, it makes a difference.
After two projects that's 12" of wood. Also, it's usually best to leave
the wood unpainted (in my opinion), since paint shows tire marks better.
But yeas, if you must paint it, bedford orange would be nice.

Old August 3rd 04, 11:28 PM
andrew_carter

The supports are at least half the length of the post. The camera is
playing tricks on the perspective a little. I didn't paint it...the
post came like that.

Andrew

Old August 4th 04, 06:07 AM
muniracer

nice job man

i really liked the bar-post-bar gapping, very smooth.

andrew, thats the exact same design as the post i made. the dimensions
of mine are 20"x6"x6". its a lot of fun. i havent lined it up with my
gapping bars yet, but tomorrow for sure!

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

*NEW* Trials Video joe Unicycling 25 June 4th 04 02:06 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 5th 04 11:30 PM
Kemmelberg Video clips Phil General 0 October 15th 03 11:16 AM