new bike question ....again...sorry...Ironhorse

Old August 28th 03, 12:20 AM
hippy

Default new bike question ....again...sorry...Ironhorse

"gaza" wrote in message
Went to another bike shop yesterday and he wanted to sell me an Avanti

which
I hadn't looked at before.

I have one.. a little bit out of your price range though. I like it a
lot.
It's done everything: commute, triathlons, xc

Looked up catologue and said he could get me the 2004 model for $425

less a
further 10% discount for my Bushwalking club.mmmmmmmm

Sounds good. You could either use the money you save to buy accesories
or you could go for the next model up (if it had worthwhile upgrades).

Has he made a mistake...not too sure. I'll pop in on the way to work

today

Maybe he just wants to offload them for the new models. There
is a substantial markup on bikes and bike parts as far as I'm
aware.

and ask him the price for next model up, The RINCON.
If that's still in my price range I'll get the Rincon....if not I'll

grab
the Boulder SE (at least $100 cheaper than the first shop)

Find out the price difference and the parts difference between them.
The frames would be the same I'm pretty sure - it's only when they
get higher up the range and start adding disc brake mounts that the
frames change. Consult the bike shop or the Giant catalog.

hth
hippy