Carradice Bag Saddle Clips?

Old May 16th 05, 04:07 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default Carradice Bag Saddle Clips?

Greetings,
I was looking for Clips that fit on the seat-rail of my saddle so I could
connect a Carradice Bag. I want to transfer the bag from one bike to
another. My other bike has the Brooks B-17 saddle which has the clips
intergraded. The saddle I want to connect the Carradice Bag does not have
clips. Or suggestion for mounting the Carradice Nelson Bag on a saddle?
-tom

Old May 16th 05, 04:31 PM
Kenny

When I first bought my Carradice Longflap bag it came with leather
straps which are used to attach the bag to the saddle rails. I never
did use them as I opted for the quick release unit that attaches to the
seat post. The quick release unit is sold separately.

Old May 16th 05, 04:53 PM

Tom Nakashima wrote:
Greetings,
I was looking for Clips that fit on the seat-rail of my saddle so I

could
connect a Carradice Bag. I want to transfer the bag from one bike to

another. My other bike has the Brooks B-17 saddle which has the

clips
intergraded. The saddle I want to connect the Carradice Bag does not

have
clips. Or suggestion for mounting the Carradice Nelson Bag on a

saddle?

What you have described is the Carradice Saddlebag Clamp. It is
available from Wallingford Bicycle
(http://www.wallbike.com/carradice/clamp.html) as well as Peter White
Cycles (http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/carradice.asp - near bottom of
page, under "Parts"). I imagine Harris Cyclery
(http://sheldonbrown.com/harris) can get you one as well, not to
mention any other Carridice dealer.

Personally, I like the Carradice SQR system - it makes transfering the
bag from one bike to another about a 30 second affair, provided you
have a mounting block on each bike. With the SQR system, there are no
straps to mess with - just a simple quick release mechanism. I use one
on my commuter - it lets me easily take my bag off the bike and into
the office.

A few more creative Carradice "hacks" are shown at
http://www.wallbike.com/content/carradicehacks.html

PS: I have no affilation with any of the above dealers, although I am
a satisfied customer of two of them.

Later,
Mark

Old June 3rd 05, 03:29 PM
Bill Sornson

Tom Nakashima wrote:
FWIW, about coffee. Since laying off the coffee, I've been feeling
great. I haven't had coffee or softdrinks for over two years, just
been drinking H20. I've lowered my HR quite a bit and my recovery HR
after a ride is pretty good. The Polar S720i HR monitor has a
recovery reading after a workout. I set it to 2 minutes. I can
bring my HR down to 80-90 bpm in 2 min. after an strenuous ride. I'm
sure it's not all laying off the coffee, but watching diet, rest, and
riding in shape all helps. -tom

{sticking fingers in ears and yodeling "LaLaLaLaLa" like a middle-aged
Middle Eastern woman}

Bill "still on first cup (large mug, actually)" S.

Old June 3rd 05, 03:45 PM
Tom Nakashima

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Tom Nakashima wrote:
FWIW, about coffee. Since laying off the coffee, I've been feeling
great. I haven't had coffee or softdrinks for over two years, just
been drinking H20. I've lowered my HR quite a bit and my recovery HR
after a ride is pretty good. The Polar S720i HR monitor has a
recovery reading after a workout. I set it to 2 minutes. I can
bring my HR down to 80-90 bpm in 2 min. after an strenuous ride. I'm
sure it's not all laying off the coffee, but watching diet, rest, and
riding in shape all helps. -tom

{sticking fingers in ears and yodeling "LaLaLaLaLa" like a middle-aged
Middle Eastern woman}

Bill "still on first cup (large mug, actually)" S.

Think Middle Eastern women drink Foldgers.
-tom

Old June 3rd 05, 04:44 PM
Tom Nakashima

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Tom Nakashima:
Pete, my Carradice Bag has a leather closures with an eyelet for my side
pockets.

I guess it's time for some aftermarket modification on my part. Seems
like a
major design oversight.

Intended use is riding to work. Slacks, socks, shirt, tie, and boxer
shorts in
the bag; a belt and a pair of my size 15s staged at work.

I see the side pockets as somewhere to put stuff I'd rather keep separate
for
aesthetic reasons - like sweaty socks, or things that I want quick access
to -
like a glasses case, gloves, head rag, and so-forth.

--
PeteCresswell

The nice thing about Carradice, one can arrange the contents anyway they
want.
-tom