LemonD's Yellowstone Club Bankrupt

Old June 15th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Default LemonD's Yellowstone Club Bankrupt

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/bu...1&ref=business

What I find fascinating about this story is that the Yellowstone Club is
described as a "check your ego at the door" club for billionaires.
LemonD was an investor, then sued.

The legend continues...

- dave a
Old June 15th 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"dave a" wrote in message
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/bu...1&ref=business

What I find fascinating about this story is that the Yellowstone Club is
described as a "check your ego at the door" club for billionaires. LemonD
was an investor, then sued.

The legend continues...

Hopefully Greg got out cleanly. I'd hate to see him put in a financial
bother. He's bad enough when he's in a good mood.

Old June 15th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"dave a" wrote in message
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/bu...1&ref=business

What I find fascinating about this story is that the Yellowstone Club
is described as a "check your ego at the door" club for billionaires.
LemonD was an investor, then sued.

The legend continues...

- dave a

This is pretty old news and, to LeMond's credit, he recognized the
problems some time ago and worked to get his money out before things
collapsed. So ar far as contributing to the "legend" I'd say the
"legend" is a bit inconsistent. LeMond is as well known for bad business
moves as good.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 15th 09, 08:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jun 14, 7:00*pm, dave a wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/bu...l?_r=1&ref=bus....

What I find fascinating about this story is that the Yellowstone Club is
described as a "check your ego at the door" club for billionaires.
LemonD was an investor, then sued.

Dumbass -

He should sue LANCE. and FLandis too. Everything is those guys' fault.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old June 15th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Jun 15, 12:36*am, KG wrote:
On Jun 14, 7:00*pm, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/bu...l?_r=1&ref=bus...

What I find fascinating about this story is that the Yellowstone Club is
described as a "check your ego at the door" club for billionaires.
LemonD was an investor, then sued.

Dumbass -

He should sue LANCE. and FLandis too. Everything is those guys' fault.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

I posted this in another thread somewhe

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=34222

Wonder how LemonD keeps all the suits he's involved in straight. If
you watched that vid of him, he seems pretty rattled these days.

Brad Anders
Old June 15th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jun 15, 8:59*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Jun 15, 12:36*am, KG wrote:

On Jun 14, 7:00*pm, dave a wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/bu...l?_r=1&ref=bus...

What I find fascinating about this story is that the Yellowstone Club is
described as a "check your ego at the door" club for billionaires.
LemonD was an investor, then sued.

Dumbass -

He should sue LANCE. and FLandis too. Everything is those guys' fault.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

I posted this in another thread somewhe

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=34222

Wonder how LemonD keeps all the suits he's involved in straight. If
you watched that vid of him, he seems pretty rattled these days.

Dumbass -

Interesting. They must have a couple of jackasses designing that
thing. It can't be that hard to make it reliable - it's a simple
device with no weight constraint.

I guess if one considers how whacked out his seeking out confrontation
w/ LANCE and Flandis has been, it's not too surprising that his
business ventures would have poor results.

Old June 15th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de
,
KG a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
On Jun 15, 12:36 am, KG wrote:

On Jun 14, 7:00 pm, dave a wrote:

[...]

I don't know, Henry. Looking at the story, all there is to go on is that
pedals, saddles and handlebars were not up to snuff. How that managed to
amount to over a quarter of a million dollars in warranty treatment is hard
for me to imagine. I mean, they aren't really exclusive, innovative or
proprietary pieces, given the picture. And how the cost of warranty work
turns into a claim for fifteen times in damages the actual costs seems a tad
speculative.

When a company (Brunswick) finds it revenues halved, it looks for
alternative sources of revenue, and a lawsuit is not uncommonly proposed to
cover some of the shortfall. Damages awarded, following the logic of the
new report, would be entirely profit, not related to ROI.

I am loathe to suggest that the original contract may have been drawn
inaptly, but that could generate conflicts by the dozen. And if the model
concerned was not competitive with others on the market, was of poorer
quality, or somehow failed to fulfill the forecasts of Brunswick, that is a
competitive commercial risk all companies undertake.

So maybe you're right - that the equipment is too simple to have failed so
badly. And maybe Brunswick feels that it has no other way to exploit what
it had hoped would be a profitable endeavour. Or maybe, if unlikely,
Brunswick figured Lemond is an easy target for litigation. Business
litigation is really designed to resolve disputes, not to malign a person or
a company. If each side can present its case well, the conclusion
(settlement or judgment) will probably be sensible, not scandalous. Don't
let your obsession with Lemond blind you to this simple fact.
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Old June 15th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

Dans le message ,

On Jun 15, 12:36 am, KG wrote:

On Jun 14, 7:00 pm, dave a wrote:

[...]

snip

Dumbass -

It depends upon the number of units.

Here's my speculation: Brunswick was probably adding their label to it
right? That means it was a OEM wholesale transaction. Probably had a
contract for a lot of units. Went to China to produce. Had some
jackass running quality control (none). Didn't bother to run a batch
of prototypes, making sure that the quality is good enough. Produce
them in bulk with crap quality. When Brunswick gets them and ships
them, the end customers have problems with the ****ty quality parts
and have to ship them back.

Once again, the preceding paragraph is just speculation, but lack of
oversight from the US is a common way to get lousy import product.

I don't buy your theory about the suit simply being a harrasment
revenue generator. LemonD's not a deep pocket. It's not like a cancer
victim suing Phillip Morris Inc.

Old June 15th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Sandy" wrote in message

The problem with people who have
no vices is that generally you can
be pretty sure they're going to have
some pretty annoying virtues.
- Elizabeth Taylor

Yesterday's vices seem to be today's necessities.

Old June 16th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist[_3_]

KG wrote:
Dans le message ,

On Jun 15, 12:36 am, KG wrote:
On Jun 14, 7:00 pm, dave a wrote:
[...]

It looks to me as if only the handlebars may have some design input by
Lemond. The saddle and pedals are off the shelf production items.
Lemond/Brunswick's problem is that their guy spec'ed cheap ass ****.