Uh-Oh, we're not at Sea Otter anymore...

Old April 22nd 05, 07:23 AM
Alec Sander

Default Uh-Oh, we're not at Sea Otter anymore...

American domestic racing's 800 lb gorilla tdg GC placings after stage
3:

19 Chris Wherry (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 2.49
37 Justin England (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 3.57
40 Gordon Fraser (Can) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 4.21
50 Scott Moninger (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 4.52
56 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 5.19
64 John Lieswyn (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 5.54
71 Mike Sayers (USA) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 6.33
111 Ivan Dominguez (Cub) Health Net pb Maxxis @ 13.42

All this and the big boys haven't even pulled out their tdf medical
kits yet.

Kinda puts domestic racing in perspective don't it? Let me float this
concept - HN is to euro racing what Subway is to domestic racing.
Agree?

Thanks,

Smart Alec

Old April 22nd 05, 04:50 PM
ODH_Bikes ODH_Bikes is offline
Junior Member

Location: Los Gatos

That Subway analogy is key!

It's still too soon to say the domestics are outclassed, in all fairness that TT field was pretty stacked...even by Euro standards.
__________________
Rob Evans
www.odhbikes.com
Old April 22nd 05, 09:50 PM
MagillaGorilla

--
ODH_Bikes

Yeah, the TT field even included the best professional cyclist in the
word right now: B. Jew Lick. Nobody can contest that because he won
Paris-Nice and some other race. Besides, he was also a Performance
catalog model.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old April 22nd 05, 09:57 PM

ODH_Bikes wrote:
That Subway analogy is key!

It's still too soon to say the domestics are outclassed, in all
fairness that TT field was pretty stacked...even by Euro standards.

the subway analogy is not even close.

subway and healthnet are continental teams (peers according to the UCI)
and CSC, Discovery are Protour teams.

healthnet isn't composed of the best riders in the world but most of
those riders have results internationally.

Old April 22nd 05, 10:49 PM
Scott

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium Internationale a
few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI, and
before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of top
10's in the early sprint stages.

Sounds pretty international to me. And, a lot better than Crit Pro's
ever done.

Old April 22nd 05, 11:00 PM
amit

Scott wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium Internationale

few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI, and
before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of top
10's in the early sprint stages.

Sounds pretty international to me.

he's done well in the classics too. wendy's classic and tucson classic
to name a few.

Old April 22nd 05, 11:18 PM
Fake name goes here

In article .com,
"Alec Sander" wrote:

American domestic racing's 800 lb gorilla tdg GC placings after stage
3:

POINTS JERSEY: Gregory Henderson (NZl) Health Net pb Maxxis

so let me get this straight...a D3 US based team is leading in the
points competition over several ProTour teams. Yeah, they suck.

moron.
Old April 23rd 05, 02:40 AM
Dave H

"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gord's had some pretty
fair results in Malaysia, won a stage of the Criterium Internationale a
few years ago, won a few other races while in Europe for the CI, and
before abandoning the first day in the mountains at the TdF the one
year he was there with that small French team, he had a number of top
10's in the early sprint stages.

Sounds pretty international to me. And, a lot better than Crit Pro's
ever done.

Days gone by, what have they done LATELY
Dave